Lamar vs Carr

AFJF

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Good debate and honestly if we land either of those guys it’s a home run 

Thanks.  That's basically where I'm at.  I'd be happy with either guy, but the risks with Lamar and loss of a pair of 1's (one of which I'm assuming would be the starting LT) with $50+ mil per year isn't "nothing to worry about" IMO.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Thanks.  That's basically where I'm at.  I'd be happy with either guy, but the risks with Lamar and loss of a pair of 1's (one of which I'm assuming would be the starting LT) with $50+ mil per year isn't "nothing to worry about" IMO.

I agree with you also if we can get Carr as a free agent and keep our two 1st round picks that might be the best move. I was all in on Lamar too but leaning towards Carr now lol

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

In a jar, in a car, watching TÁR or listening to Gwar, with either of these guys, we’re sure to go far!

Hardy har har

Edited by AFJF
  • Upvote 2

Great takes. Nice job.

Honestly if we get either of these guys we have a playoff window.

Screw the money get a guy in here that doesn’t make our offensive drives a bio break. Otherwise, we burn Breece, sauces, the good Wilson’s rookie deals and in three years we are trading those guys for draft capital and trying all over again.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, jgb said:

Great takes. Nice job.

Screw the money get a guy in here that doesn’t make our offensive drives a bio break. Otherwise, we burn Breece, sauces, the good Wilson’s rookie deals and in three years we are trading those guys for draft capital and trying all over again.

Yup.  As we saw in 2009-2010, these windows can slam shut in a hurry.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yup.  As we saw in 2009-2010, these windows can slam shut in a hurry.

Many slam tannenbaum — and there are reasons to do so the Sanchez extension was egregious — but I don’t blame him for mortgaging the future and going all in on that window. Like you said, can close quick.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Great takes. Nice job.

Yes but are the jets looking for a sugar high if do they finally want something that’ll last 5-6 seasons? Of the two I think Carr may be better in that regard because he won’t be breaking the cap.  And as good as Jackson is, he’s bound to slow down and then he’s lIke Vick without the dogs. Another point to consider are the skill players the jets already have. Breece hall will need his carries. He’ll be wasted otherwise and that means building a run blocking oline and having good run blocking tes and wrs. I think it all works better for a guy like Carr.

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Yes but are the jets looking for a sugar high if do they finally want something that’ll last 5-6 seasons? Of the two I think Carr may be better in that regard because he won’t be breaking the cap.  And as good as Jackson is, he’s bound to slow down and then he’s lIke Vick without the dogs. Another point to consider are the skill players the jets already have. Breece hall will need his carries. He’ll be wasted otherwise and that means building a run blocking oline and having good run blocking tes and wrs. I think it all works better for a guy like Carr.

I think JD is approaching this off season like his job is on the line, which it is. 5-6 years? I’d settle for 2-3.

Carr or Lamar, I don’t really have a strong preference. Probably lean Carr because he seems a better schematic fit.

If it was me I’d go Minshew and get Mike evans but JD isn’t betting his job on Minshew. He will go big game hunting.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Yeah, I suppose.  As long as it is McKee that they draft.  He'll be there at 13, I think... But they wont.  

The smell for OT is too strong with the 13th pick. JD is in desperation mode. Don’t see him getting a high-priced FA QB and drafting a QB in first. But we will see!

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

The smell for OT is too strong with the 13th pick. JD is in desperation mode. Don’t see him getting a high-priced FA QB and drafting a QB in first. But we will see!

Well, I was hoping for a cheap vet and drafting a QB.  But you are right.  They wont gamble another season on a newly drafted QB.  JD will go full bore for Carr, I suppose and then draft an OT with 13

• Upvote 1

Just now, THE BARON said:

Well, I was hoping for a cheap vet and drafting a QB.  But you are right.  They wont gamble another season on a newly drafted QB.  JD will go full bore for Carr, I suppose and then draft an OT with 13

I do think it’s most likely. Whether it is right?

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

11 hours ago, jgb said:

I think JD is approaching this off season like his job is on the line, which it is. 5-6 years? I’d settle for 2-3.

Carr or Lamar, I don’t really have a strong preference. Probably lean Carr because he seems a better schematic fit.

If it was me I’d go Minshew and get Mike evans but JD isn’t betting his job on Minshew. He will go big game hunting.

i think minshew might be a good option if the time frame is fairly short.  i'm still thinking wilson can be resurrected with the right coaching.  we've seen far worse qbs succeed, like bortles and grossman. they just need to have a complete team around them.

• Sympathy 1

If the ravens don’t lock him up, I think it’s a red flag. Franchise qbs are so hard to come by. There are a handful of teams that have never had one. The ravens are one of the best run franchises in the NFL, if they aren’t willing to pay to keep him it’s likely because they don’t have the confidence they can win with him or they don’t think he can’t stay healthy. When has there been an instance when a team hasn’t locked up their young franchise qb after their rookie deal expires? Deshaun Watson was traded shortly after he signed his extension but his circumstances are beyond ordinary. Jay cutler was shipped shortly after a coaching change happened. It looks like Lamar’s situation is almost entirely about money. Teams normally can jump over that hurdle. For what hed demand on the trade market plus his salary, I just don’t know if the risk is worth it. The guy has missed 10 games the last 2 years and wasn’t available when the playoffs started this year. He’s not in the mold of a mahomes, Herbert, burrow and etc. Lamar’s skill set that makes him great is a skill set that declines rapidly. He isn’t a guy that can pick apart secondaries from the pocket, If he loses his elite mobility his passing numbers will crash too. He’s fun to watch but I’d rather watch him on another team.