Island Getaway Mafia (Game Over - SCUM WINS)

jvill 51

16 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I legit dont get it. There's zero risk in scum revealing this if they are in the know. Makes them part of the crowd and gives them the edge of bringing it up. Not saying a townie wouldnt be inclined to share first either, to get some serious talk started but there is no way to know atp. Ie null.

Anyone trying to give him town cred for this will look not so hot later on if he flips scum throughout the game. Be sure to remember that.... i tend to die early ? 

You're talking like you know what pm scum got.

How do you know what information scum has?

You're assuming they know what type of pm town got. Why make that assumption. Unless you're scum and you know what scum knows.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Pings a little if I’m being honest 

Right? I feel like Nyn is reeling. Which ironically is something you do when fishing—which is what she was claiming JiF was doing with his pm reveal. 

This is an interesting game based on the setup, such that I believe JiF based on the  wording of his reveal-that he got a different pm than Nyn did.

• Upvote 1

If im being perfectly honest? Trying to find scum based on comparing pms is one of the worst scumhunting I've seen in a long while.

And considering this is a jvill game, and not a nolder game, he's enough of a smart cookie not to make a game we could crack based on that.

Oh and fyi, trying to fish for what my pm says, and on day 1 no less, is scummy af.

Mostly trying to figure out if this is a lulnoob deal or not. So by all means, keep talking.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Arsis said:

You're talking like you know what pm scum got.

How do you know what information scum has?

You're assuming they know what type of pm town got. Why make that assumption. Unless you're scum and you know what scum knows.

If multiple townies, if not all, got the same pm, the mod has to give the info to scum, otherwise the game would be broken. I've modded a game or two in my time.

Therefore giving town cred to who brought it up or the players who echoed it is dumb.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Not loving this whole lending town cred for nonsense.

Hows you?

I'm good and you, so nice to have you back playing!  Can't tell if Hal is floundering as town or pissed off he drew scum two games in a row. It's plenty to hang him day1 though. 

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I'm good and you, so nice to have you back playing!  Can't tell if Hal is floundering as town or pissed off he drew scum two games in a row. It's plenty to hang him day1 though. 

Rooting for Hal to pull out of the dive but ground keeps getting closer.

I could also get on board with one of the AWOLs but plenty of time left.

2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Not all scum get the townie pm, at least I didn't the last time I was scum.  So I'm biased in my thinking that JiF and those before/after who hinted at receiving a similar message are at least given more town credibility for me. 

This game might be a bit more unique.  I've definitely played in games where scum got the town role PM so that role claims couldn't "break" the game.

That said...again...strong town read right now on JiF for being the first to reveal it.  If it's a clever scum play....hats off.  But at least for D1 I've got him pretty firm town.  We'll see how things play out beyond that.

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

If im being perfectly honest? Trying to find scum based on comparing pms is one of the worst scumhunting I've seen in a long while.

I mean its the first game-related thing to happen in the game so its a fine starting point, no?

As long as it doesn't fall into Gaming the Mod I don't see an issue here.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I think even besides the reveal Jif did, he feels town so far to me. Kind of surprised he'd reveal there though. Like Nyn is saying, it's kind of null because we don't know if scum got a fake reveal (which has happened in games I've played here), but I just don't see Jif going for that type of play as scum. 

• Upvote 2

Again.  Not clearing JiF at all.  Just know that based on what he said it feels like we got the same role PM.  I'd say that's fairly significant and a decent enough place to start as we try to figure out the game.

Fighting against talking about it doesn't scream a pro-Town approach to me.  

3 minutes ago, Drums said:

I think even besides the reveal Jif did, he feels town so far to me. Kind of surprised he'd reveal there though. Like Nyn is saying, it's kind of null because we don't know if scum got a fake reveal (which has happened in games I've played here), but I just don't see Jif going for that type of play as scum. 

He did it very nonchalantly too.  It all seems very townish.  

DISCLAIMER FOR NYN:  No one is, nor should, be clearing JiF at this time.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This game might be a bit more unique.  I've definitely played in games where scum got the town role PM so that role claims couldn't "break" the game.

That said...again...strong town read right now on JiF for being the first to reveal it.  If it's a clever scum play....hats off.  But at least for D1 I've got him pretty firm town.  We'll see how things play out beyond that.

This is where I'm at.  The wording was too similar to mine for this to be JiF fishing. 

Besides, he's so sucky at scum I doubt he'd come out firing with fake pm claims this early on D1.  If you got the same DM I got, then his question was legit running through your head also. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

This is where I'm at.  The wording was too similar to mine for this to be JiF fishing. 

Besides, he's so sucky at scum I doubt he'd come out firing with fake pm claims this early on D1.  If you got the same DM I got, then his question was legit running through your head also. 

DISCLAIMER FOR NYN:  No one is, nor should, be clearing JiF at this time.

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

And considering this is a jvill game, and not a nolder game, he's enough of a smart cookie not to make a game we could crack based on that.

Oh and fyi, trying to fish for what my pm says, and on day 1 no less, is scummy af.

Mostly trying to figure out if this is a lulnoob deal or not. So by all means, keep talking.

100%

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Again.  Not clearing JiF at all.  Just know that based on what he said it feels like we got the same role PM.  I'd say that's fairly significant and a decent enough place to start as we try to figure out the game.

Fighting against talking about it doesn't scream a pro-Town approach to me.  

Again, I disagree. There's absolutely no reason to willingly divulge role pm details on d1. We dont know enough or much of anything about a possible mechanism in play. I could think of a reason or two why scum would want us to blab about our role pms. It's never a good idea this early on. And saying it's ok because there's nothing else to talk about or explore is bs in my book.

Im not going to scumhunt based on pm assumptions. And neither should you.

Just now, Nynaeve said:

Again, I disagree. There's absolutely no reason to willingly divulge role pm details on d1. We dont know enough or much of anything about a possible mechanism in play. I could think of a reason or two why scum would want us to blab about our role pms. It's never a good idea this early on. And saying it's ok because there's nothing else to talk about or explore is bs in my book.

Im not going to scumhunt based on pm assumptions. And neither should you.

This game just started Tuesday and the joke phase just ended today so I don't get all the hand-wringing.  But fine, show us how its done then.  Who would you like to lynch (besides me of course, as that's obvious) today and why?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

People wanting to lynch Nyn before lynching me and before Nyn gets a chance to shoot me is very unusual territory for me.  I dunno whether to vote Nyn or myself here.

The heart wants what it wants

• Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

This game just started Tuesday and the joke phase just ended today so I don't get all the hand-wringing.  But fine, show us how its done then.  Who would you like to lynch (besides me of course, as that's obvious) today and why?

Id like jif to respond why he felt the need to ask if anyone else got the same pm he did and assumed in the first place that it's a possibility.

You know, actually asking questions and inferring things from them. I'm assuming you might be familiar with that.

Do you have anything else to contribue so far other than role pm chatter?

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

Id like jif to respond why he felt the need to ask if anyone else got the same pm he did and assumed in the first place that it's a possibility.

I saw that you asked that question and was waiting for him to answer you too before mentioning it, but....he actually answered that earlier in the day before you asked, so....

While we wait....who else you got for scum?

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

You know, actually asking questions and inferring things from them. I'm assuming you might be familiar with that.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I saw that you asked that question and was waiting for him to answer you too before mentioning it, but....he actually answered that earlier in the day before you asked, so....

Here:

10 hours ago, JiF4Lamar said:

I dont know what I am, I just know I'm town.  And I liked the idea of getting some dialogue going.  The jokey phase was fun but jville dropped a deadline, so I figured I share my info to get the game going.

You're welcome. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I think drums and arsis look good so far. The big guy isnt looking too shabby either. Early feelz.

You?

3 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Also I caught Hal in 1 post if you'd like to join that train.  Or you can wait for JiF to answer a question he basically already answered and use that to argue you're playing the game and I'm not....