Island Getaway Mafia (Game Over - SCUM WINS)

jvill 51

1 hour ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I’m town - and you are wrong about me being a SK.  

You just asked JiF why he volunteered that he doesn’t know his role, whereas you jumped in to make yourself a NK candidate by claiming you have a role.

Which play was worse, do you think?  

Unless of course you were lying about that as a WIFOM.  Which would be clever but I doubt it because of how clumsy you were.  

3 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

@jgb why did you wait so long to vote me?  I’d have seen you racing @The Crusher to put the first vote down, not jumping on a train. 

The first 2 votes on you came long before your partial reveal.  I voted you specifically for the “Ape is being quiet about the waiters” post, remember?  And Crusher was voting for you before even that.

So the only ones who jumped on you post-“reveal” were Arsis and jgb.

• Upvote 1

On 2/28/2023 at 8:49 AM, Hal N of Provo said:

I know I’m supposed to regret this vacation with the 12 dead waiters and all.  

But I really don’t like cold weather so I’m just going to make the best of it and avoid any overtly murdery people.   No return flight requested thank you.  

On 2/28/2023 at 9:15 AM, The Crusher said:

Sounds good. vote Hal

On 2/28/2023 at 2:44 PM, Hal N of Provo said:

Vote Ape

The lack of remorse expressed for the 12 dead waiters (RIP) is basically an admission of guilt.   

@Integrity28

On 2/28/2023 at 4:01 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Not too worried about the dead waiters

^^^ suddenly concerned 

Vote Hal

9 hours ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Does anyone else not know their role?  I dont know mine.  All I know is I'm town.  

9 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Yes.  Me.  I trust you for now since you went 1st to reveal this interesting fact.  We can’t trust 80 or I with the quick follow - but interesting.  

Town has 4/11 of killing a bad guy randomly.  This probably drops it to 4/10.  Good enough for me to rather take the shot than vote no Lynch.  

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Vote Hal

Because his go-to move is to go dark whenever called out and starts to pick up heat. @Hal N of Provo defend thineself!

jgb voted Hal just one hour after the reveal, but Hal is like “WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG”

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

@Arsis why did you say Im an admitted SK and jump on the train?

@jgb why did you wait so long to vote me?  I’d have seen you racing @The Crusher to put the first vote down, not jumping on a train. 

I didn’t vote you because of your clumsy “reveal,” which I’m not convinced wasn’t just a poor choice of words. I voted you because you went from super chatty to zero dark thirty once @Arsis called you out.

11 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Yes.  Me.  I trust you for now since you went 1st to reveal this interesting fact.  We can’t trust 80 or I with the quick follow - but interesting.  

Town has 4/11 of killing a bad guy randomly.  This probably drops it to 4/10.  Good enough for me to rather take the shot than vote no Lynch.  

Expressing full trust in JiF.

5 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Rule 14.  I’m town and have nothing to explain.  

new theory:

Nobody knows their roll.  Mafia all sees that.  JiF reveals as town to test it out and as a gambit for credibility.  1+ of the others is already on my train. 

Unvote Vote JiF

Then you’re Voting JiF. JiF’s only post in the interim was to vote @Drums.

Why the sudden dramatic shift? Is there something about Drums you know that we don’t? Look, you actually remind me a bit of my D1 play last game when I got hung. I’m getting an overzealous town lean from you but the pressure is fair and I’d like to see how you you handle it before I consider unvoting you.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Rule 14.  I’m town and have nothing to explain.  

new theory:

Nobody knows their roll.  Mafia all sees that.  JiF reveals as town to test it out and as a gambit for credibility.  1+ of the others is already on my train. 

Unvote Vote JiF

Yes, a gambit of sharing information!  Boy am I tricky! 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

@JiF4Lamar if you are a vanilla town with a potential power roll, why would you jump out with that info?  

I dont know what I am, I just know I'm town.  And I liked the idea of getting some dialogue going.  The jokey phase was fun but jville dropped a deadline, so I figured I share my info to get the game going.

You're welcome. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Someone doesn't handle rejection well lol

But sure, I'll play along. Pre tell, why do you think that?

I'll stay on my feet though. Seems like the safest bet ? 

You say rejection I say foreplay!

I believed @Hal N of Provo in real-time when he was indicating receipt of the same PM.  I have him in my town pile with three others for the same reason.

Voting him because he said there’s a SK doesn’t feel right.  Feels more like he’s taking stabs at game dynamics and playing faction math. 

I’m curious why Hal voted for JiF.

11 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

Gotta say... arsis' self boasting is prolly a good look. Feels genuinely excited

Yea, he’s been super withdrawn the past 2 games. Methodical seeming. Like a cautious observer. He’s goofy this game. 

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I believed @Hal N of Provo in real-time when he was indicating receipt of the same PM.  I have him in my town pile with three others for the same reason.

Voting him because he said there’s a SK doesn’t feel right.  Feels more like he’s taking stabs at game dynamics and playing faction math. 

Just a guess.  I’m spinning on circles on JiF.  He loves to test mechanics so it could go either way.  

I gave him a free pass as the first to reveal - but if nobody knows rolls and he’s in a Mafia chat he’d reveal like that too.

So for anyone else jumping out with that means a ton.  

With JiF it was probably bound to happen, but doesn’t provide evidence he’s town IMO.  

31 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I disagree with the general pov.

Assuming we all got the same worded pm, to avoid breaking the game by us comparing notes, the mod would be obligated to fill in scum with the town pm format.

Imo means squat who mentioned it first or at all. It's null.