Island Getaway Mafia (Game Over - SCUM WINS)

jvill 51

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I honestly have no idea if that was a compliment or not.  JiF is a Dad now so he may be going soft on us who knows.  He's still impressive when flaccid though.  

Oh your love is eternal, no doubt.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Imo means squat who mentioned it first or at all. It's null.

It doesn't mean much but it's not NOTHING.  I don't really see why a scum player would be motivated to "get the game going" by being the first to mention it.  It's much more useful to town than scum to at least be talking it out.  So I at least won't be voting JiF today.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

It doesn't mean much but it's not NOTHING.  I don't really see why a scum player would be motivated to "get the game going" by being the first to mention it.  It's much more useful to town than scum to at least be talking it out.  So I at least won't be voting JiF today.

It's null

There's merit for a townie to bring ot up first as much as scum. It's the elephant in the room. 

I kinda feel good about the big guy being a top poster this game

And im not sure why but i keep confusing 80 posts with crusher posts which is odd and im not sure why. Hope I dont end crusher by accident instead of 80....

57 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I believed @Hal N of Provo in real-time when he was indicating receipt of the same PM.  I have him in my town pile with three others for the same reason.

Voting him because he said there’s a SK doesn’t feel right.  Feels more like he’s taking stabs at game dynamics and playing faction math. 

I’m curious why Hal voted for JiF.

You're voting someone in your town pile? 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Just a guess.  I’m spinning on circles on JiF.  He loves to test mechanics so it could go either way.  

I gave him a free pass as the first to reveal - but if nobody knows rolls and he’s in a Mafia chat he’d reveal like that too.

So for anyone else jumping out with that means a ton.  

With JiF it was probably bound to happen, but doesn’t provide evidence he’s town IMO.  

Interested Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I believed @Hal N of Provo in real-time when he was indicating receipt of the same PM.  I have him in my town pile with three others for the same reason.

Voting him because he said there’s a SK doesn’t feel right.  Feels more like he’s taking stabs at game dynamics and playing faction math. 

I’m curious why Hal voted for JiF.

Game would break if revealing we all got the same PM is all it takes to find scum. Seems like a leap in logic.

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

I disagree with the general pov.

Assuming we all got the same worded pm, to avoid breaking the game by us comparing notes, the mod would be obligated to fill in scum with the town pm format.

Imo means squat who mentioned it first or at all. It's null.

It's the only thing we have to go on.  At this point, yes, scum can say that they too received that exact wording but JiF leading the charge with that wouldn't make sense to me. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This.  

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

It's null

There's merit for a townie to bring ot up first as much as scum. It's the elephant in the room. 

Not all scum get the townie pm, at least I didn't the last time I was scum.  So I'm biased in my thinking that JiF and those before/after who hinted at receiving a similar message are at least given more town credibility for me. 

1 hour ago, JiF4Lamar said:

You're voting someone in your town pile? 

wut? No. 

35 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Game would break if revealing we all got the same PM is all it takes to find scum. Seems like a leap in logic.

Not sure why this is so pingy.  

9 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

It's the only thing we have to go on.  At this point, yes, scum can say that they too received that exact wording but JiF leading the charge with that wouldn't make sense to me. 

This.  

Not all scum get the townie pm, at least I didn't the last time I was scum.  So I'm biased in my thinking that JiF and those before/after who hinted at receiving a similar message are at least given more town credibility for me. 

wut? No. 

If and that's a big if, all town got the same pm, the mod has to reveal it to scum to make it an even plane field. Period.

Like I said, it means nothing.

12 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

This.  

wut? No. 

Wut?  Yes 

I legit dont get it. There's zero risk in scum revealing this if they are in the know. Makes them part of the crowd and gives them the edge of bringing it up. Not saying a townie wouldnt be inclined to share first either, to get some serious talk started but there is no way to know atp. Ie null.

Anyone trying to give him town cred for this will look not so hot later on if he flips scum throughout the game. Be sure to remember that.... i tend to die early ? 

23 hours ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Does anyone else not know their role?  I dont know mine.  All I know is I'm town.  

Btw

What lead you to believe that someone would have the same role pm as you? 

I got some weird ass sh*t role pms in the past and yet it never occorred to me to ask if anyone else got something similar. 

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Btw

What lead you to believe that someone would have the same role pm as you? 

I got some weird ass sh*t role pms in the past and yet it never occorred to me to ask if anyone else got something similar. 

Sounds like you didn't get the same pm we got. 

unvote. Vote Nyn

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

You're doing a lot of thought-steering.  Why so angry?

Im doing this thing where I close my eyes and use my brain. It's at times a strenuous proccess, depending on the person I'm talking to

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

Sounds like you didn't get the same pm we got. 

unvote. Vote Nyn

Im not going to say what I got in my pm. 

There's a little concept in mafia called fishing. Might want to look it up.

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

Im not going to say what I got in my pm. 

There's a little concept in mafia called fishing. Might want to look it up.

Careful. That can git you strung up around these parts.

Edit: meant to reply to this post:

“Im doing this thing where I close my eyes and use my brain. It's at times a strenuous proccess, depending on the person I'm talking to”