Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

22 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

You're projecting and it's cute. Now I hope you stick around. You've shared nothing but fluff pieces on your one and only Levis. When you shared the screenshot of your quote you conveniently left out the part above which laments his poor tape (a lie by omission methinks... was that not pertinent to the point you hoped to make ) and when presented with actual analysis you don't respond to it directly.

Instead you opine about people lying and tripling down but you have no lie to point to... please K2A find me the lie and quote it below for the world to see.... I'll wait.

This is you pal. Youve spent part of your life trying to look cool on the jets message board.... Cringe ?

47 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

You've literally posted this twice now nice job with facts and analysis... sooo he scored well on a test and a bunch of talking heads have talked themselves into him even while they mention they have to cope with his bad film.

Hope the Bills draft Levis in the 4th to be Allens fluffer, and you live happily ever after with your favorite backup QB.

Take the L man. You are relying on Jordan Palmer.

And buffalo is going to draft Jake Haener rd 4. The next Frank Reich. 

Cope

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

This is you pal. Youve spent part of your life trying to look cool on the jets message board.... Cringe ?

So you've seen one movie...from 1997... thats good I hope your caretaker gets you another VHS  soon so you can watch something else.

You can't combat logic or analysis with your own logic or analysis ... just conjecture without substance but that's to be expected from someone in your condition. Following that up with "yOuRE liKe MoViE ChArAcTEr me SmARt YoU Dumb, LeViS GreAT QB1 iN ClAsS"

Did you watch the QB school video I suppled... nooo...hmmm... cant take in anything that would mess with your confirmation bias huh?

You have not copped to conveniently croping out the piece about Levis' bad tape in your screenshot... if your going to do that its best not to provide a link.

Can you say "Levis has bad tape but I think his physical measurables and how smart I think he is will help him become a good NFL QB" like many of his other supporters can or is that too painful?

I'll still disagree with your **** take  but hey at least I'll do it with my own mental fortitude and analysis based on taking in multiple sources and watching a ton of tape on this years QBs. I also won't need to resort to using the same scene from a movie three times in a poor attempt to insult you. 

5 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

So you've seen one movie...from 1997... thats good I hope your caretaker gets you another VHS  soon so you can watch something else.

You can't combat logic or analysis with your own logic or analysis ... just conjecture without substance but that's to be expected from someone in your condition. Following that up with "yOuRE liKe MoViE ChArAcTEr me SmARt YoU Dumb, LeViS GreAT QB1 iN ClAsS"

Did you watch the QB school video I suppled... nooo...hmmm... cant take in anything that would mess with your confirmation bias huh?

You have not copped to conveniently croping out the piece about Levis' bad tape in your screenshot... if your going to do that its best not to provide a link.

Can you say "Levis has bad tape but I think his physical measurables and how smart I think he is will help him become a good NFL QB" like many of his other supporters can or is that too painful?

I'll still disagree with you **** take  but hey at least I'll do it with my own mental fortitude and analysis based on taking in multiple sources and watching a ton of tape on this years QBs. I also won't need to resort to using the same scene from a movie three times in a poor attempt to insult you. 

It's not about good or bad tape in and of itself. It's about incorporating a qbs strengths and weaknesses within the context of a myriad of factors like system, background, division Level, injuries, surrounding talent...

I've explained to you that much of Levis " struggles, or processing mishaps" are part and parcel because he's running a sophisticated NFL offense. 

Someone like Stroud isn't. 

So you can't just look at the tape in a vacuum and you can't make statements about " what's between the ears" when one QB is an undergrad and the other is in a PhD program as an example... The particular weaknesses have to be evaluated within that context. One QB is playing checkers, the other is playing chess. The chess player could be perceived as having more errors but the reality is it's a completely different level of strategy and philosophy. 

This is why most young qbs struggle early with growing pains because they are going from a one read spread to learning how to read all three levels of a defense and manipulate a defense. A QB goes from running a offense to understanding why a play is called and why it works...

You don't know what you're talking about 

1 minute ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

It's not about good or bad tape in and of itself. It's about incorporating a qbs strengths and weaknesses within the context of a myriad of factors like system, background, division Level, injuries, surrounding talent...

I've explained to you that much of Levis " struggles, or processing mishaps" are part and parcel because he's running a sophisticated NFL offense. 

So you can't just look at the tape in a vacuum and you can't make statements about " what's between the ears" when one QB is an undergrad and the other is in a PhD program as an example...

You don't know what you're talking about 

Cool he's doing poorly in his PhD program because he has a plethora of weaknesses  ... got it.

You, Jordan Palmer, and others who seem to have a dog in the fight want to make excuses for him and his S****y play on the field. I'm just saying in a vacuum, out of a vacuum, he played poorly.

I've laid out many of the weaknesses that pop on tape.. you have responded to none of them.

I dont have a dog in the fight I see a bad prospect and am just calling a spade a spade. The people who are out on him have data and film. The people who are in on him have excuses, intangibles, and apparently test scores.

Did you know he is legit lactophobic, afraid of milk... whats he gonna do when Dlinemen start taking big swigs of 2% and foaming at the mouth presnap?

I do not think he will succeed in the NFL. I do not want him. I watched your s**** video ... did you take the time to watch the one I sent and garner another perspective?

30 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I'll still disagree with your **** take  but hey at least I'll do it with my own mental fortitude and analysis based on taking in multiple sources and watching a ton of tape on this years QBs. I also won't need to resort to using the same scene from a movie three times in a poor attempt to insult you. 

If you’re only going to watch 1 movie good will hunting is great

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Cool he's doing poorly in his PhD program because he has a plethora of weaknesses  ... got it.

You, Jordan Palmer, and others who seem to have a dog in the fight want to make excuses for him and his S****y play on the field. I'm just saying in a vacuum, out of a vacuum, he played poorly.

I've laid out many of the weaknesses that pop on tape.. you have responded to none of them.

I dont have a dog in the fight I see a bad prospect and am just calling a spade a spade. The people who are out on him have data and film. The people who are in on him have excuses, intangibles, and apparently test scores.

Did you know he is legit lactophobic, afraid of milk... whats he gonna do when Dlinemen start taking big swigs of 2% and foaming at the mouth presnap?

I do not think he will succeed in the NFL. I do not want him. I watched your s**** video ... did you take the time to watch the one I sent and garner another perspective?

the sopranos hbo GIF

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

Agree. Said the same about a month ago.

However, I think there may now be a scenario where the Jets give GB a 1 this year...and it may not happen until draft night. It's possible that the Jets have told GB that they want to see if they can trade down from 13 and get more picks in rounds 2 and/or 3. Once they trade down, they will then trade the #1 pick they get to GB...albeit a lower pick than 13.

Pure speculation but one scenario that would explain the "99% done" rumors yet no official announcement as of yet.

I think this scenario makes sense.   JD and Gute may be comfortable enough with each other that they agreed on draft points and not necessarily actual picks.   JD may want one of the top two tackles and if they aren’t there he’s going to look to trade down and take a day two pick and maybe a future first and then he makes the trade.   That makes more sense than the stare down theory everyone is assuming

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ptisme said:

I think this scenario makes sense.   JD and Gute may be comfortable enough with each other that they agreed on draft points and not necessarily actual picks.   JD may want one of the top two tackles and if they aren’t there he’s going to look to trade down and take a day two pick and maybe a future first and then he makes the trade.   That makes more sense than the stare down theory everyone is assuming

It's certainly hard to imagine this is a pointless staredown, at least I hope not.

I'm hoping too that they're both waiting to see if certain scenarios play out draft night. Maybe if a player GB loves is available at 13, they do a pick swap, give them a 2nd, and in return GB agrees to Jets demands for future picks. Or the scenario you mention where Jets trade down, accumulate and hand them a lower 1st. Or someone the jets love is there at 13 and they pick him and bite the bullet on other comp. Or simply both teams want to keep the league guessing with regards to whom they may draft where making it harder for rivals to maneuver. 

I hope it's one of these...

EDIT: wanted to throw one more out there. Jets trade down significantly, pick up a 2nd, send GB 2X 2nds this year and Jets get their center with the 1st rd pick. I would think GB would love this scenario because it would give them immediate extra premium picks to help Love. Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

It's certainly hard to imagine this is a pointless staredown, at least I hope not.

I'm hoping too that they're both waiting to see if certain scenarios play out draft night. Maybe if a player GB loves is available at 13, they do a pick swap, give them a 2nd, and in return GB agrees to Jets demands for future picks. Or the scenario you mention where Jets trade down, accumulate and hand them a lower 1st. Or someone the jets love is there at 13 and they pick him and bite the bullet on other comp. Or simply both teams want to keep the league guessing with regards to whom they may draft where making it harder for rivals to maneuver. 

EDIT: wanted to throw one more out there. Jets trade down significantly, pick up a 2nd, send GB 2X 2nds this year and Jets get their center with the 1st rd pick. I would think GB would love this scenario because it would give them immediate extra premium picks to help Love. Thoughts?

i hate trading back especially when were picking as high as 13.

imagine trading back last year and not having GW or Sause.? we need superstars like that. those guys are game changers. 

and if Rodgers come here next year or 2 we will be picking in the mid to late 20s. the 13th pick should be the highest pick we have for years. we shouldn't trade it away.

7 minutes ago, doitny said:

imagine trading back last year and not having GW or Sause.? we need superstars like that. those guys are game changers. 

and if Rodgers come here next year or 2 we will be picking in the mid to late 20s. the 13th pick should be the highest pick we have for years. we shouldn't trade it away.

Would have been nice to trade down from #2 overall in 2021. Just saying. I am more optimistic than most on Mekhi Becton but would it have been a mistake to trade down from 11 in 2020? A lot of good players taken in the first after him and the 2nd as well.

• Upvote 2

If you can trade back a few spots and pick up an additional second .. you do it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Sammybighead said:

I’d take ur edit offer right now     I’m sure the last thing the packers want to do in the future is wait on the edge of their seat for darkness retreat decisions again 

8 hours ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

the sopranos hbo GIF

8 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Good Night Buenas Noches GIF by Travis

So you gonna admit The Levis Tape leaves alot to be desired and even most of his supporters know its a problem?

If you want to rationalize it away thats your prerogative but at least admit you can see whats in front of you.

How about your poor attempt at deceptive editing leaving out the piece in black... gonna just ignore that and pretend the entire board has your level of reading comp skills?

Screenshot_20230417-213157_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ee181010a5e2dfa2cb1beaffc1a279c6.jpg

I don't know if your a UK fan or just think Levis is hot but you're not looking at this objectively.

Playing poorly in a pro style offense isn't a positive attribute. Being a doormat in the SEC isn't  a good thing.

1 hour ago, doitny said:

This is kinda my thinking as well.  I guess if Rodgers ends up costing both 2nds(which I doubt, that's a steep price.  I'm leaning more towards one of them and a 2nd or 3rd next year) it could make sense to move down and recoup a 2nd.  Otherwise though, yeah this will - with any luck - be the highest we pick for a while.  Would make sense to stay put especially if the plan is to take an OT.  The big-3 aren't expected to last much further than where we pick.  

If we walk out of the first 2 rounds with an OT, a C, and Rodgers I'll be pretty damn happy.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Let's try having an actual conversation I'll stop being an inflammatory troll and you start looking at this rationally with out gas lighting and ad hominems.

It's good that he understands the concepts its too bad he doesn't execute efficiently on the field.

There is a difference between standard intelligence and processing the game in real time. Levis is smart i.e. can get good grades, test well, regurgitate concepts but has a slow game processor and consistently does not make it through his reads.

Zach Wilson is smart but has one of the worst in game processing abilities conceivable.

Stroud will struggle... no doubt. I do not like Strouds chances especially if he ends up somewhere like the Texans an organization much like ours(not yours) who refuses to get out of its own way.

Why do refuse to compare him to Bryce Young who outclasses him in every aspect of the game other than height and weight?

For the record the height issue has me out on Young as well ... as I've mentioned I'm no fan of this QB class.... but Bryce with 5 more inches to assuage line of sight and frailty concerns would be an awesome prospect.

2 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Let's try having an actual conversation I'll stop being an inflammatory troll and you start looking at this rationally with out gas lighting and ad hominems.

It's good that he understands the concepts its too bad he doesn't execute efficiently on the field.

There is a difference between standard intelligence and processing the game in real time. Levis is smart i.e. can get good grades, test well, regurgitate concepts but has a slow game processor and consistently does not make it through his reads.

Zach Wilson is smart but has one of the worst in game processing abilities conceivable.

Stroud will struggle... no doubt. I do not like Strouds chances especially if he ends up somewhere like the Texans an organization much like ours(not yours) who refuses to get out of its own way.

Why do refuse to compare him to Bryce Young who outclasses him in every aspect of the game other than height and weight?

For the record the height issue has me out on Young as well ... as I've mentioned I'm no fan of this QB class.... but Bryce with 5 more inches to assuage line of sight and frailty concerns would be an awesome prospect.

It's all a projection. If someone is being taught the right way to play QB instead of given training wheels ( which is what the modern spread offense is) , then I have to consider that. 

We know he checks all the physical boxes, great arm, release, athletic etc

We know he is extremely tough, can deal with the physicality of the NFL.

We know he was voted team captain

We know he's extremely smart

We know he ran an NFL offense

We also know he played in the toughest conference on a 2nd tier sec team.

Basically your only issue is you see him struggling sometimes running a NFL offense while he's in college...

If I needed a franchise QB, I'm willing to take this guy who checks a lot of the boxes. 

On a side note I believe Wilson has failed to this point because he doesn't have the respect of his teammates and has a tough time relating to regular burger and a beer type ppl

59 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

It's all a projection. If someone is being taught the right way to play QB instead of given training wheels ( which is what the modern spread offense is) , then I have to consider that. 

We know he checks all the physical boxes, great arm, release, athletic etc

We know he is extremely tough, can deal with the physicality of the NFL.

We know he was voted team captain

We know he's extremely smart

We know he ran an NFL offense

We also know he played in the toughest conference on a 2nd tier sec team.

Basically your only issue is you see him struggling sometimes running a NFL offense while he's in college...

If I needed a franchise QB, I'm willing to take this guy who checks a lot of the boxes. 

On a side note I believe Wilson has failed to this point because he doesn't have the respect of his teammates and has a tough time relating to regular burger and a beer type ppl

So there is not a lot I disagree with here. Those are the positives on Levis, agreed.

The issue lay in the fact that this all doesn’t take into account a lot of the glaring deficiencies. 

Ran an NFL offense is a bit of a stretch.... more like struggle f***ed his way through an NFL offense.

Issues off the top of my head with a ton of wtf film to back it up.

-Lack of consistent or clean footwork leading to misthrows. Which is not acceptable for an almost 24 year old prospect. Darnold is 25 and has been in the league for a millennia for ****s sake.

-Tendancy to run rather than work his way up into the pocket and continue his through progressions.

-When  he does stay in to pass he holds the ball too long and does not throw with anticipation/throw his recievers open

- poor pocket awareness taking bad sacks.

- Afraid of Milk ? 

These are his issues to own not a sub par UK Team.

Having a bad supporting cast last year didn't help but his issues are his own.

These are the types of issues that are only exacerbated at the next level.

Mechanical issues are not a good sign for an old prospect and he is an old prospect... game speed should not be an issue for him and it clearly is.

He regressed in 2022...as did his whole team after losing Cohen and Wan'dale. So you can give him a bit of a pass there but if we are being honest in a year with real QB prospects he would be at best a third round pick.

You are advocating for irresponsibility trading up to draft a prospect that has shown us he is not currently ready to play in the NFL and likely never will become a plus starter. Bryce is the only one with plus starter as a plausible albeit unlikely outcome given his size.

1 hour ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

It played a role but he has a cargo container full of issues...

Didn't want him when we drafted him then rooted for him and hoped I was wrong. 

The FO thought/hoped he could continue to do what he did against lackluster competition at BYU in the NFL... huge misguided gamble.

He had one awesome year of production... I hate one year wonder prospects... mostly because we a have been royally burned by them multiple times (See:Mark Sanchez).

Zach can't process efficiently  and thus can't slow the game down and is prone to panic and miscues because of it. Players can have all the physical talent in the world its top end processors that become top 5 QBs. You need both sides of that coin, telling yourself Levis a 24 year old is going to magically flip that switch is a bad bet.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

So there is not a lot I disagree with here. Those are the positives on Levis, agreed.

The issue lay in the fact that this all doesn’t take into account a lot of the glaring deficiencies. 

Ran an NFL offense is a bit of a stretch.... more like struggle f***ed his way through an NFL offense.

Issues off the top of my head with a ton of wtf film to back it up.

-Lack of consistent or clean footwork leading to misthrows. Which is not acceptable for an almost 24 year old prospect. Darnold is 25 and has been in the league for a millennia for ****s sake.

-Tendancy to run rather than work his way up into the pocket and continue his through progressions.

-When  he does stay in to pass he holds the ball too long and does not throw with anticipation/throw his recievers open

- poor pocket awareness taking bad sacks.

- Afraid of Milk ? 

These are his issues to own not a sub par UK Team.

Having a bad supporting cast last year didn't help but his issues are his own.

These are the types of issues that are only exacerbated at the next level.

Mechanical issues are not a good sign for an old prospect and he is an old prospect... game speed should not be an issue for him and it clearly is.

He regressed in 2022...as did his whole team after losing Cohen and Wan'dale. So you can give him a bit of a pass there but if we are being honest in a year with real QB prospects he would be at best a third round pick.

You are advocating for irresponsibility trading up to draft a prospect that has shown us he is not currently ready to play in the NFL and likely never will become a plus starter. Bryce is the only one with plus starter as a plausible albeit unlikely outcome given his size.

We disagree on some things here. We'll see what happens. I think the jets should get Rodgers. Does that work with getting Stroud or Levis idk. 

I think it's a massive mistake for Douglas to not try to get Levis. 

That's the Greatest fun in sports is the truth comes out 

• Upvote 1