Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

5 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Lol was gonna say. That's not helping any argument. Would love to know the actual reason. You can do community work on any team. Contract was the same. Maybe just less taxes in Atlanta? 

He said the actual reason in plain English 

1 hour ago, Larz said:

IMAGINE the cheaters trade up with Houston and take Johnson or Kincaid? ?

whether the Pats are right before us or right after us, there will be no less than a dozen posters on the board saying BB outsmarted JD.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

That his gut feeling is a special place? Yeah im not buying that. 

He's nearing retirement and looking towards the future.  If that's where he wants to be to establish his community participation, then who are we to challenge that?  If you want to believe he's going there to avoid the Jets, then knock yourself out and join the bitonti club. Ridiculous.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I believe Campbell said he joined ATL for things he can do off the field. Apparently he's big time in to helping the community and such. So cant hate on that.

Yet your typical Jets fans in this forum (^^ a couple above your post) think he's lying about that.  LOL. 

• Upvote 1

Loving that week by week I've seen the demands by GB fans drop.

Sauce and 2 firsts 

2 firsts

A 2nd this year and unconditional 1st next year

A 2nd this year and a conditional 1st next year

2 Seconds....

Hope what they get is palatable.... wait ...no ... no I don't.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

You don't buy that he may want to live in Atlanta? Not everything is about winning games and all that kid sh*t we believe in.

Maybe -  It's just a one year deal tho, so don't see the destination as a major selling point. I really don't care either way, was just speculating lol. I was taking it as he thought Atlanta was a special team. Which seemed far fetched. Also sounds like he wants to solely play DE and don't think he'd do that here. 

6 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Loving that week by week I've seen the demands by GB fans drop.

Sauce and 2 firsts 

2 firsts

A 2nd this year and unconditional 1st next year

A 2nd this year and a conditional 1st next year

2 Seconds....

Hope what they get is palatable.... wait ...no ... no I don't.

^ Yet insipid Packers fans deny this reality.  They are funny.  One thing they have right, though, is the fact that the Packers will wind up getting way more than it's worth to assume that ridiculous contract they gave him for two, maybe one year.  They will get a 2nd rounder this year and something added for next year.  Too much, IMO.    They should thank their blessings to get out of that franchise-crushing contract for a 2023 2nd rounder.  Part of me hopes the deal goes south and they get NOTHING and are stuck with Rodgers/Love for '23. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, hotrodcharlie said:

The window has passed lol. Free agency is over a month old and anyone decent already has a team

Yep.   Was also referring to next year.   There’s also in season trades they’ll need cap space for

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Dropping from 13 to 15 is worth a late third/early 4 on the value chart. I don’t know that I’d just give that away as a sweetener, particularly with the Pats picking at 14 and needing a tackle. 

I don’t think he’s suggesting giving it away.  It would factor in

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

It's interesting because the approximate value of swapping 13 overall for 15 overall is a late 3rd round pick, but it depends on who is sitting there at 13 for both teams. 

Agreed.   From Green Bay’s perspective they would love to give up 3rd rd value for JSN.   But if he’s gone why give that up for a guy that will be there at 15.   If the jets guy isn’t there at 13 and neither is the packers I’d expect the jets to move down

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Campbell turning us down because he thinks the Falcons are "special" isn't exactly making me reconsider my snarky comment

He said Atlanta said he’s play exclusively edge as opposed to spilt with DT which he didn’t want.   

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Dcat said:

^ Yet insipid Packers fans deny this reality.  They are funny.  One thing they have right, though, is the fact that the Packers will wind up getting way more than it's worth to assume that ridiculous contract they gave him for two, maybe one year.  They will get a 2nd rounder this year and something added for next year.  Too much, IMO.    They should thank their blessings to get out of that franchise-crushing contract for a 2023 2nd rounder.  Part of me hopes the deal goes south and they get NOTHING and are stuck with Rodgers/Love for '23. 

GB will trade AR this offseason.  If it occurs after the draft, GB has little incentive to trade him until Sept unless a team meets their asking price.  If the Jets want him for JD's price, they will likely have to wait until Sept and risk having another team step into the fray.

For those that argue AR said he wants to play for the jets, keep this in mind.   Aaron Rodgers' statement about being "immunized" serves as a prime example of his careful wording. So saying his "intention" is to play for the Jets is different from 'I'm gonna play for the Jets" or "I would only play for the Jets".

I personally think that the Jets will blink first.  I also think it would be better to avoid trading for him and try to get a QB in 2024.  I don't think AR will make the Jets superbowl contenders and will ultimately set them back in terms of building a championship team.

GB will trade AR this offseason.  If it occurs after the draft, GB has little incentive to trade him until Sept unless a team meets their asking price.  If the Jets want him for JD's price, they will likely have to wait until Sept and risk having another team step into the fray.
For those that argue AR said he wants to play for the jets, keep this in mind.   Aaron Rodgers' statement about being "immunized" serves as a prime example of his careful wording. So saying his "intention" is to play for the Jets is different from 'I'm gonna play for the Jets" or "I would only play for the Jets".
I personally think that the Jets will blink first.  I also think it would be better to avoid trading for him and try to get a QB in 2024.  I don't think AR will make the Jets superbowl contenders and will ultimately set them back in terms of building a championship team.
Man, that's a just a really bad comparison. I really don't want to get into it but the scenarios are completely different.
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
37 minutes ago, GTB999 said:

Man, that's a just a really bad comparison. I really don't want to get into it but the scenarios are completely different.

Scenerios are different.  The point was that AR is very precise with his public statement.  It would be a mistake to assume that him saying his intent is to play for the Jets means he would only play for the Jets.  GB knows this.

28 minutes ago, GTB999 said:

If the Packers wait until September to trade Rodgers, they will get a rock-bottom price for him.  They will be absolutely desperate to trade him at that point and everybody will know it.  And no team will pay top dollar for a player who had no preseason to acclimate to the new coaches/system, new teammates and new environment.  Not to mention the high possibility that the severely diminished 2023 season could be the only one they get out of him - at an outrageously high salary.

If GB is willing to give up on receiving 2023 picks, they can wait a while after the draft to make a deal, but the value of their tradable asset drops rapidly as training camp progresses.  Once August hits, the Favre price tag will likely apply and that’s presumably a lot less than the Jets are offering now.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, MykePM said:

If the Packers wait until September to trade Rodgers, they will get a rock-bottom price for him.  They will be absolutely desperate to trade him at that point and everybody will know it.  And no team will pay top dollar for a player who had no preseason to acclimate to the new coaches/system, new teammates and new environment.  Not to mention the high possibility that the severely diminished 2023 season could be the only one they get out of him - at an outrageously high salary.

If GB is willing to give up on receiving 2023 picks, they can wait a while after the draft to make a deal, but the value of their tradable asset drops rapidly as training camp progresses.  Once August hits, the Favre price tag will likely apply and that’s presumably a lot less than the Jets are offering now.

They will get a rock bottom price because he’s a 40 year old player who wants to retire. STICK WITH ZACH

Scenerios are different.  The point was that AR is very precise with his public statement.  It would be a mistake to assume that him saying his intent is to play for the Jets means he would only play for the Jets.  GB knows this.

Have he mentioned any other teams he'd play for? I haven't been following.

2 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

That his gut feeling is a special place? Yeah im not buying that. 

The northeast is not an advantage in recruiting people with options. It just isn’t.  This isn’t Reggie White saying god told him to go to the packers lol. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

The northeast is not an advantage in recruiting people with options. It just isn’t.  This isn’t Reggie White saying god told him to go to the packers lol. 

Can you imagine if the creator of the universe really did want Reggie White to play for green bay? It begs the question is God a 4-3 guy or 3-4 defense guy? Reggie could play in both. Defense wins championships!

1 hour ago, ptisme said:

He said Atlanta said he’s play exclusively edge as opposed to spilt with DT which he didn’t want.   

^good info.  I didn't know that.  At this stage of his career, it makes sense.  Stick to what got him here. Although he has lined up inside plenty in his career.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GTB999 said:

I'm perfectly fine with another team going after Rodgers.  Jets will use some journeyman and give Zach a last chance to compete and  maybe draft an UDFA.  It will be JD's and Saleh's final seasons if they don't make playoffs and I'm good with that if need be.  All better than caving in to a team who gave an old player an irresponsible, untenable contract And for a player the GM doesn't even like.  Green Bay fans should be livid.   

So let's go "other team", ...... step right up!   Come out, come out, wherever you are!

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Checking in fellas ...

How is it going ???

I see a lot of blah blah blah ... harumph ... blah blah blah ... 

Business as usual .. See you tomorrow.

Save yourself the bother and just come back next week at this time. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, MykePM said:

There's a better chance of Gute getting fired in August than Rodgers being on the team in September

• Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, MykePM said:

I agree.

If GB waits for a better deal, the return for AR goes down the closer to Sept we get.  GB needs to decide if the potential increased return is worth the potential loss in compensation if the jets don’t blink or another team doesn’t get involved.

if the Jets wait til Sept, they need to decided if the savings of getting AR for their price is worth the cost of not having him for training camp and having a slow start to the season or possibly missing out on him entirely. 

Again, to me it is irrelevant, as I don’t think the Jets will make the SB with or without Rodgers.

4 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

There's a better chance of Gute getting fired in August than Rodgers being on the team in September

Gute is safe.  Overall GB fans feel he is doing a good job and he was given an extension last year.