Motley Crue: $1200 A Ticket For Pre-Recorded Tracks

On 3/15/2023 at 10:51 AM, Beerfish said:

I'm happy that I am old and have seen essentially everyone I wanted to see live.  Prices for concerts and many sporting events is totally out of control.

BF, When we heard Bruce was going back out on tour we decided that we would get tickets for the North Carolina show. So that Saturday morning I pick out the sections that we wanted to sit on, off the floor and on the side-you know where I mean bro-best seats if you have no desire to stand up all night. So it comes back they have 2 seats together the price for each you ask? $4872.00 EACH BRO!!!!that's 10 grand for two Springsteen seats. The first time we saw him was me and my buddy Steve at Seton Hall in December 11, 1975 two kids walking through the parking lot had no interest in seeing this Springsteen show and when I asked how much they said $20 so I tell Steve 20 and he was holding the money and gave them $40-by misunderstanding-still the best 20 bucks ever spent on a concert ticket-that night changed my life-literally

• Upvote 1

On 3/15/2023 at 12:39 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

If you haven't seen The Dirt on Netflix it's pretty great. Instantly totally inappropriate for children btw. fair warning.

That was the one that they made telling the story of the Crue Barry? where Ozzie snorted ants?(I hate spell check)

All of these older 80's bands and pop singers use tracks now and there's not really a stigma surrounding it anymore the way there used to be....I've seen Crue a few times only because I lived 10 minutes from the coliseum and concerts tickets used to be 20 bucks....they sucked in the 90's live I'm sure they still suck.

On 3/14/2023 at 7:49 PM, SoFlaJets said:

image.thumb.jpeg.01882a1b6c5da00b702c826b7d769c2a.jpeg

Best way to go to shows if it's sold out is just show up at the box office the day of the show or game....75 percent of the time tickets are rereleased for face.....people panic when they see events are sold out and pay these crazy prices.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2023 at 6:17 PM, SoFlaJets said:

BF, When we heard Bruce was going back out on tour we decided that we would get tickets for the North Carolina show. So that Saturday morning I pick out the sections that we wanted to sit on, off the floor and on the side-you know where I mean bro-best seats if you have no desire to stand up all night. So it comes back they have 2 seats together the price for each you ask? $4872.00 EACH BRO!!!!that's 10 grand for two Springsteen seats. The first time we saw him was me and my buddy Steve at Seton Hall in December 11, 1975 two kids walking through the parking lot had no interest in seeing this Springsteen show and when I asked how much they said $20 so I tell Steve 20 and he was holding the money and gave them $40-by misunderstanding-still the best 20 bucks ever spent on a concert ticket-that night changed my life-literally

cool story.  must have been amazing.  

On 3/17/2023 at 4:26 PM, undertow said:

Best way to go to shows if it's sold out is just show up at the box office the day of the show or game....75 percent of the time tickets are rereleased for face.....people panic when they see events are sold out and pay these crazy prices.

have you done this and to what venues

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

have you done this and to what venues

I have done this tons of times at major arenas..... concerts is a 100 percent success rate and games is much lower prob a 50/50 thing....I figured this out because I grew up 5 minutes from the Nassau Coliseum and used to just check the day of the event at the box office. 

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

I have done this tons of times at major arenas..... concerts is a 100 percent success rate and games is much lower prob a 50/50 thing....I figured this out because I grew up 5 minutes from the Nassau Coliseum and used to just check the day of the event at the box office. 

i guess it make sense on concerts, they realize what seats are needed for sound/light etc and some stuff opens up.

i didn't realize they sold tickets at the box office anymore!

On 3/15/2023 at 10:51 AM, Beerfish said:

I'm happy that I am old and have seen essentially everyone I wanted to see live.  Prices for concerts and many sporting events is totally out of control.

Plus most of the bands I enjoyed seeing are dead or retiring......sad. lol  There's a good festival in Daytona Beach I go to once a year and that's about it for concerts these days.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

i guess it make sense on concerts, they realize what seats are needed for sound/light etc and some stuff opens up.

i didn't realize they sold tickets at the box office anymore!

Good point haven't done this in a little bit they might not anymore......I was told that a lot of the tickets released are VIP type tickets that are saved by the arena, bands, and teams that weren't going to be used or cancelled....most of the time I scored these tickets they were great seats.