May 31 OTA Updates

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

In year 3 if Zach can't get thru his progressions while wearing a red shirt then f*ck!  This is his prove it season and happily it's still too early to start nailing the coffin shut.

No it’s not.  I made the mistake of still believing in Darnold in Year 3.  Then Week 1 of that season happened.  And Darnold >>>> Wilson.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You can make a highlight film, a lowlight film for any and every player who’s put on a uniform.  They don’t tell you anything more than whichever story you’re trying to sell

The legend of Tim Boyle is quite amazing to me.

His career NFL passer rating is 54.5, with 3 TDs to 8 INTs.

He has never thrown more TDs than INTs in any individual season - in college, as well as in the NFL.  Never - not once - has he thrown more TDs than INTs in a season.  That's quite incredible.

Amazing that he made the league at all, or lasted this long, with those kinds of numbers.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

He has never thrown more TDs than INTs in any individual season - in college, as well as in the NFL.  Never - not once - has he thrown more TDs than INTs in a season.  That's quite incredible.

Amazing that he made the league at all, or lasted this long, with those kinds of numbers.

But just look at his High School accomplishments!

Was named Connecticut High School Coaches' Association Player of the Year ... named first team all-state by the New Haven Register and All-Hartford Courant ... named All-Southern Connecticut Conference as a senior ... threw for nearly 2,500 yards and 24 touchdowns as a senior as team won state Class LL championship for the third-straight season

Keep in mind that 7 different orgs, including the Pittsburgh Maulers, employed James Morgan.  

QBing is a pretty sweet gig if you can get it.  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In love with White as a strong QB2 option, yes.  Because he can do the basic things asked of a QB and is actually liked by teammates and coaches.  

There are tons of young QBs playing like studs in their 2nd and 3rd years in this league dude.  Stop with the “BUT BUT ZACH IS YOUNG” excuse.  Justin Herbert smashed the rookie TD record with the # 32 ranked OL.  Zach threw 6 TDs in year 2.  Like what are we doing here?  

Did it ever occur to you that both Zach and White suck currently? 

29 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Yeah, but that highlight video.  Lol

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Did it ever occur to you that there are different levels of suck?

There’s the suck some refer to Zach vs GB, wins but only threw for 185 yards whatever or comes back vs the Steelers but we hear that he had a bad 3rd Q and the suck no one sees when MW throws for 300 yards but goes 0 for 6 in the RZ

• Post of the Week 1

Was supposedly the second best player to come out of college to play pro ball. Now we're talking about a guy who is supposed to be the 2nd best prospect IN THE WORLD and these Wilson defenders are proud to cite his numbers to guys who shouldn't even ever be ON a professional football field. These comparisons for me mean only 1 thing, Zach Wilson is not good enough and  should never play in the NFL again. 

It amazes me that he has so many defenders here, I had someone try to conflate something I said about him into being prejudiced against the Mormon religion, using that to try and get me banned from JN.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Cool, let’s revisit the draft for every team and talk about who they could have had.  After the fact, sounds so insightful

We needed a QB, didn’t have one before the draft.  That we may have picked the wrong one, time will tell but still we had to go QB.  
Three years later and people are still pissed the QB they wanted wasn’t the one picked, even though they all suck equally at this point. 

May have picked the wrong one?

And by the way, a large number of people here didn't want any of the QBs and that was before the draft.

You don't remember all those folks who were very vocally saying we should keep Sam? Or, like JF80, myself, and others, wanted to trade Sam and go for a bridge vet since none of the QBs beyond Trevor resonnated?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In love with White as a strong QB2 option, yes.  Because he can do the basic things asked of a QB and is actually liked by teammates and coaches.  

There are tons of young QBs playing like studs in their 2nd and 3rd years in this league dude.  Stop with the “BUT BUT ZACH IS YOUNG” excuse.  Justin Herbert smashed the rookie TD record with the # 32 ranked OL.  Zach threw 6 TDs in year 2.  Like what are we doing here?  

If Zach was a Fin, all his "defenders" would be howling with delight at what a mega bust he is.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nah man.  The fact that Zach carries a $9.6M cap charge this year (and $11.1M in ‘24) while Mike White counts $2.8M means nothing!

MW is successful if he hangs around as a QB2 for a few more years. Zach has to be a pretty good starter to be successful.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

MW is successful if he hangs around as a QB2 for a few more years. Zach has to be a pretty good starter to be successful.

People won’t like to hear that 2 QBs are being held to different standards but life ain’t fair.  

If we’re gonna get screamed at to give Zach a chance at every turn because he was a high pick with supposed elite traits, then we get to demand that he’s not insignificantly better than Mike White.  Them’s the breaks.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

There’s the suck some refer to Zach vs GB, wins but only threw for 185 yards whatever or comes back vs the Steelers but we hear that he had a bad 3rd Q and the suck no one sees when MW throws for 300 yards but goes 0 for 6 in the RZ

Zach is at his best with the game on the line.  So many traits of greatness and few things to work on.  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, jgb said:

May have picked the wrong one?

And by the way, a large number of people here didn't want any of the QBs and that was before the draft.

You don't remember all those folks who were very vocally saying we should keep Sam? Or, like JF80, myself, and others, wanted to trade Sam and go for a bridge vet since none of the QBs beyond Trevor resonnated?

Yeah, he’s played less than two seasons and like it or not he’s getting another shot at this.  His career, he’ll his Jets career isn’t over.  Hard to believe.

Yeah a lot of people always creep into our memories after the fact that today wanted someone else.  I was here, most if not every single fan wanted to send Darnold packing and draft his replacement.  The arguments were who.  Now it’s all of the people.   Yes I remember you wanting Tannehill.  Don’t remember anyone else mentioning him. What would have been so much better at the position?  Enough that we should be patting anyone on the back?  

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, he’s played less than two seasons and like it or not he’s getting another shot at this.  His career, he’ll his Jets career isn’t over.  Hard to believe.

So what? Organizations do dumb sh*t all the time. I predict he will continue to suck, which is also allowed and supported by voluminous amounts of data.

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah a lot of people always creep into our memories after the fact that today wanted someone else.  I was here, most if not every single fan wanted to send Darnold packing and draft his replacement.  The arguments were who.  Now it’s all of the people.   Yes I remember you wanting Tannehill.  Don’t remember anyone else mentioning him. What would have been so much better at the position?  Enough that we should be patting anyone on the back?  

People who are right like to remind people they were right. People who are wrong hope people forget. That concludes today’s “introduction to the human species” lesson.

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

So what? Organizations do dumb sh*t all the time. I predict he will continue to suck, which is also allowed.l and supported by voluminous amounts of data.

People who are right like to remind people they were right. People who are wrong hope people forget. That concludes todays “introduction to the human species” lesson.

You can predict anything you want but seriously, no one knows.  As I said he’s played less than 2 seasons worth of football.  No one said you couldn’t.  

If someone was right, they can chirp, they earned it.  But again the story isn’t finished and the number who claim to be right after the fact is, let’s say cloudy.  There were very few, in fact there were more “Lawrence will bust” posts.  The bigger “introduction to the human species” is how so many come out of the woodwork claiming they never wanted a player who doesn’t produce than actually never wanted that player.  And liking every QB, flipping back and forth on who you may or may not want doesn’t count either.

19 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Was supposedly the second best player to come out of college to play pro ball. Now we're talking about a guy who is supposed to be the 2nd best prospect IN THE WORLD and these Wilson defenders are proud to cite his numbers to guys who shouldn't even ever be ON a professional football field. These comparisons for me mean only 1 thing, Zach Wilson is not good enough and  should never play in the NFL again. 

It amazes me that he has so many defenders here, I had someone try to conflate something I said about him into being prejudiced against the Mormon religion, using that to try and get me banned from JN.

The more we see the more I think it was a Woody decision to take Wilson.

• More Ugh 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You can predict anything you want but seriously, no one knows.

You can calculate the likelihoods then make informed predictions. You know there is a whole industry based on this, no? Like money is involved and everything.

As I said he’s played less than 2 seasons worth of football.  No one said you couldn’t.  

He would be the greatest QB turnaround story of all time if he became a top-half QB. I’m not betting on that for any player who had such a lousy beginning to his career.

If someone was right, they can chirp, they earned it.  But again the story isn’t finished and the number who claim to be right after the fact is, let’s say cloudy.  There were very few, in fact there were more “Lawrence will bust” posts.

So what are you upset about? People aren’t allowed to say they were right about Zach until he’s retired or you personally authorize it?

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The more we see the more I think it was a Woody decision to take Wilson.

Zach was the consensus 2nd QB in that draft. Like by a mile by the time the draft happened. 

Zach is almost guaranteed a bust. Anything anyone gets out of him at this point is a bonus. Players don’t really bounce back from the second year he had. However let’s not pretend like he wasn’t a highly touted prospect. The latest he was going by the time January came around was 3rd overall. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jgb said:

You can predict the likelihoods then make informed predictions. You know there is a whole industry based on this, no? Like money is involved and everything.

He would be the greatest QB turnaround story of all time if he became a top-half QB. I’m not betting on that for any player who had such a lousy beginning to his career.

So what are you upset about? People aren’t allowed to say they were right about Zach until he’s retired or you personally authorize it?

Yeah, it’s nice to keep saying it would be the biggest turnover in history when it’s not close to being true.   We’re humans btw, how they develop, how they can improve isnt a mathematical equation.

Im not upset.  I made a statement and you disputed it.  What’s the problem, you expected to change my mind, Zach’s career is over because you think he was the worst rookie, 2nd year QB ever, true or not?   I’ll continue to understand he’s getting another chance and MW didn’t is because he can’t avoid injuries or win enough.

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Zach was the consensus 2nd QB in that draft. Like by a mile by the time the draft happened. 

Zach is almost guaranteed a bust. Anything anyone gets out of him at this point is a bonus. Players don’t really bounce back from the second year he had. However let’s not pretend like he wasn’t a highly touted prospect. The latest he was going by the time January came around was 3rd overall. 

Mock draft predict how the draft will fall, not which prospects will fail and succeed. The jets’ undisguised interest triggered his huge rise up the boards.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, it’s nice to keep saying it would be the biggest turnover in history when it’s not close to being true.   We’re humans btw, how they develop, how they can improve isnt a mathematical equation.

Im not upset.  I made a statement and you disputed it.  What’s the problem, you expected to change my mind, Zach’s career is over because you think he was the worst rookie, 2nd year QB ever, true or not?   I’ll continue to understand he’s getting another chance and MW didn’t is because he can’t avoid injuries or win enough.

Rookies year are fake information generally for a QB but that second year performance is usually pretty telling. Zach might be an outlier but that’s all blind optimism and faith.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Mock draft predict how the draft will fall, not which prospects will fail and succeed. The jets’ undisguised interest triggered his huge rise up the boards.

He was there early. Before the end of the season. We were discussing him as a part of a big 3 QB prospects in the draft by November in the draft forum. He had the highest rated season in PFF history. By December he was gonna be a top 5 pick. 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, it’s nice to keep saying it would be the biggest turnover in history when it’s not close to being true.

Ok so that what number would be be on the list of all time QB turnarounds?

We’re humans btw, how they develop, how they can improve isnt a mathematical equation.

Individuals aren’t math equations but we know the odds based on tons of data of how many of the population will fit the model and how many won’t — nearly all fit.

I know I won’t change you mind. Zach continuing to suck won’t even change your mind because you are too dug in. If he has a non-terrible game in 2027 coming in off the bench, you’ll be victory lapping.

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He was there early. Before the end of the season. We were discussing him as a part of a big 3 QB prospects in the draft by November in the draft forum. He had the highest rated season in PFF history. By December he was gonna be a top 5 pick. 

I guess there are idiots in every profession. I had him down as guaranteed bust. “Air brushed Jimmy Clausen” an even more accurate pre-draft assessment than me rating Rosen as “undraftable.”

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

The rewrite of history is fun to watch though.

I distinctly remember a long thread here singing his praises after the Boca Bowl or another game where he balled out.  

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

The rewrite of history is fun to watch though.

I distinctly remember a long thread here singing his praises after the Boca Bowl or another game where he balled out.  

People are suckers for recency bias. It’s called a logical fallacy for a reason.

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Ok so that what number would be be on the list of all time QB turnarounds?

Individuals aren’t math equations but we know the odds based on tons of data of how many of the population will fit the model and how many won’t — nearly all fit.

I know I won’t change you mind. Zach continuing to suck won’t even change your mind because you are too dug in. If he has a non-terrible game in 2027 coming in off the bench, you’ll be victory lapping.

Who cares, it’s happened more than a few times.  Look at Elway first 5 seasons or more.  I never said it was highly likely or even likely.  I’m saying like it or not his story in NY isn’t over.  So keep putting words in my mouth that I’m dug in.  I have no idea how you take he’s getting another chance into dug in.  I don’t victory lap, you may, I dont

44 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He was the consensus because everyone knew the Jets were selecting him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1