Fan Police!

TBJ

5 minutes ago, Hal said:

Guy talks sh*t about a player to his mom 90%+ chance knowing it’s his mom.  

And she doesn’t like it. 

This is truly shocking stuff.  

If the fan was heckling or harassing her, he should’ve been tossed.

If he was telling his friends that he thinks Zach sucks and she overheard? Free country.

• Post of the Week 4

Just now, jgb said:

If the fan was heckling or harassing her, he should’ve been tossed.

If he was just telling his friends that he thinks Zach sucks and she overheard? Free country.

Yeah but she can post it too.  Free country.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean I know we like to make fun of Mrs. Wilson but any drunk fan who is harassing a players family is an ass who should be banned from going to games. 

I don’t think he was harassing her, just shouting about her son sucking and she didn’t like it.  Guess what to bad.

• Upvote 3

NFL games in person are lame.  There I said it. No comparison to a good college football game in a big game.

I like to tie one on just as much as anyone, but the amount of sloppy, fall down drunks and dudes looking to show their fat girlfriend how tough they are is ridiculous at NFL games.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

NFL games in person are lame.  There I said it. No comparison to a good college football game in a big game.

I like to tie one on just as much as anyone, but the amount of sloppy, fall down drunks and dudes looking to show their fat girlfriend how tough they are is ridiculous at NFL games.

And this wasn't even an NFL game.  Just a bunch of interviews interrupted by a glorified practice, with 80+ % of the players participating about to see their NFL careers come to an end 25 days from now.

Hell, you look at the picture of their bleacher seats and if you didn't know any better you'd think they were attending a High School game, lol.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And this wasn't even an NFL game.  Just a bunch of interviews interrupted by a glorified practice, with 80+ % of the players participating about to see their NFL careers come to an end 25 days from now.

Hell, you look at the picture of their bleacher seats and if you didn't know any better you'd think they were attending a High School game, lol.

this was an unbearable exhibition ... the preseason really has to go in favor of clubs being able to have farm squads or an NFL farm league.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

this was an unbearable exhibition ... the preseason really has to go in favor of clubs being able to have farm squads or an NFL farm league.

The game would need to grow internationally for this to be possible, really.  The NBA's G-League works because of the massive pool of players available to them while only having 12-man rosters.  That pool isn't available to the NFL.  Hence why leagues like the AAF (with NFL backing!) have been total disasters.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Why do you think she didn’t appreciate their comments? Given the general tenor around Zach Wilson among Jets fans, what do you think they said to her?

He could have said Zach was a bad pick and that would have offended her.

He's a fan, who paid his way there, he's allowed to have an opinion. He's allowed to vocalize his opinion. We are supposed to have freedom of speech in this country.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

5 minutes ago, TBJ said:

He could have said Zach was a bad pick and that would have offended her.

He's a fan, who paid his way there, he's allowed to have an opinion. He's allowed to vocalize his opinion. We are supposed to have freedom of speech in this country.

Freedom of speech doesn’t protect you from people utilizing their own freedom of speech to flame you on social media like Amy Wilson did.  People also have the freedom of speech to flame HER post, too.  

Can’t expect zero consequences.  And I say this as someone who thinks Zach sucks and isn’t a big fan of his Mom.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean maybe they didn’t. I find it hard to believe there was no interaction given she seems like the type to engage with them but at the end of the day all I said was “if you’re harassing the family of a player you’re an ass and should he banned from attending games” which strikes me as an extremely uncontroversial opinion.

Except you didn't say "if you're" you said "any drunk fan" an you were referring to the guy who made comments that offended her.

The article even said regarding the alcohol comment "It is unclear if both posts are related to the same incident."

You don't even know if the guy was drunk, and in the picture she posted he's not drinking.

6 hours ago, TBJ said:

It says she didn't appreciate his comments.

It doesn't say what the comments were.

How do you come to the conclusion that he was harassing a player's family?

Because why would she turn around and respond if he didn’t, she was bored?

Theres my wife’s niece too 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 3

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because why would she turn around and respond if he didn’t, she was bored?

Theres my wife’s niece too 

So if he's watching the game and said Zack sucks and she got offended by that comment, that means he's harassing a player's family?

Ok Stalin.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Hal said:

Crying “fan police” seems to suggest OP thinks she shouldn’t.  

No I think she's a stupid and that would probably offend her, but I have the right to say it. I'm also not so easily offended, praise God!

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Freedom of speech doesn’t protect you from people utilizing their own freedom of speech to flame you on social media like Amy Wilson did.  People also have the freedom of speech to flame HER post, too.  

Can’t expect zero consequences.  And I say this as someone who thinks Zach sucks and isn’t a big fan of his Mom.  

Who said she didn't have the freedom to post on social media or flame him?

He made comments that offended her. We don't even know what those comments were and someone said he was harassing a player's family.

I brought up freedom of speech, because he's allowed to make comments, even comments that offend Zach's mom and that does not mean he was harassing her.

I was not saying that she could not post.

Thanks for playing.

5 minutes ago, TBJ said:

Who said she didn't have the freedom to post on social media or flame him?

He made comments that offended her. We don't even know what those comments were and someone said he was harassing a player's family.

I brought up freedom of speech, because he's allowed to make comments, even comments that offend Zach's mom and that does not mean he was harassing her.

I was not saying that she could not post.

Thanks for playing.

We don’t know what he’s saying but 1st amendment likely protects him either way so I was confused why you felt the need to bring it up.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We don’t know what he’s saying but 1st amendment likely protects him either way so I was confused why you felt the need to bring it up.  

Because making a comment that offends someone when it's more likely he was commenting about the game than anything else, does not mean he was harassing a player's family and is covered under the 1st amendment.

And for the record, trying to silence someone comes from a place of weakness, not strength.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hal said:

Guy talks sh*t about a player to his mom 90%+ chance knowing it’s his mom.  

Why do you all keep presuming this?

I wouldn't recognize her, and I'm as obsessive as any of yall.

Stop white knighting, she isn't going to friend you on Facebook ffs.

She's made herself the story more than once, this looks to me like more of the same.

And for the record, I'm a fan who doesn't talk sh*t at games or jeer/boo our own players, ever.  So I'm not defending someone like me, I don't like fans who boo their own guys frankly.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why do you all keep presuming this?

I wouldn't recognize her, and I'm as obsessive as any of yall.

Stop white knighting, she isn't going to friend you on Facebook ffs.

She's made herself the story more than once, this looks to me like more of the same.

Most dudes who own a Jersey would recognize her.  The look on his buddies face says to me he knew who she was.  

Why does Phil1c get to tell her what to say? 

• Upvote 1