Fan Police!

TBJ

Zach Wilson’s mom Lisa shades Hall of Fame game fan: ‘Didn’t appreciate his comments’

Zach Wilson’s mom was in midseason form during Thursday’s Hall of Fame game between the Jets and Browns.

Lisa Wilson, the mother of the Jets’ third-year quarterback, apparently wasn’t thrilled by one fan’s comments, as she appeared to glance back at the spectator while sitting in the stands at Tom Benson Stadium in Canton, Ohio.

“That would be me politely letting the dude behind me know I didn’t appreciate his comments,” Lisa wrote over the photo.

The proud mom, who’s known for her outspoken posts defending her son and the Jets, did not share what was said during the moment.

“Unpopular Opinion…. They shouldn’t sell Alcohol at football games,” she wrote in a separate post. “It brings out the d–k In everyone.

image.thumb.png.6abf723b9cb4d0933ca188b4d1be7f2b.png

It is unclear if both posts are related to the same incident.

Elsewhere on her page, Lisa shared a photo of her son smiling next to Aaron Rodgers, who took over the role of QB1 following a franchise-altering trade in April.

“@aaronrodgers12 I will forever be grateful. Thanks for loving my boy,” she gushed.

image.thumb.png.49965b4364d811c210e9a9c45aea8170.png

Lisa attended the exhibition game with friends and family, as well as Wilson’s girlfriend, Nicolette Dellanno — who was sitting near Lisa during the fan encounter.

Wilson got his first start of the 2023 preseason on his 24th birthday (Aug. 3), before Rodgers, 39, will take over in the regular season.

Although the Browns defeated the Jets on Thursday, 21-16, Wilson showed promise in his first game back after being benched last season during his sophomore slump.

image.thumb.png.aafc1aebbfed5b3f3bec037ec05b9676.png

The former BYU product threw a 57-yard pass to Malik Taylor in the first quarter.

Wilson credited Rodgers for a “great call” after the game, adding, “I have to give him the love there.”

Although Rodgers suggested the deep ball, it was offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett who made the final play call.

image.thumb.png.9d8ec3265d296254df5f05618a29a921.png

Wilson completed 3 of 5 passes for 65 yards in the loss.

“Zach did a good job,” head coach Robert Saleh said. “He was poised. He looked comfortable in the pocket and delivered the ball on schedule. It was definitely something to build on.”

Wilson — the No. 2-overall pick in 2021 — is adjusting well in his backup role, according to Rodgers.

“He has played really, really well in camp,” Rodgers said this week. “He’s made a number of great throws. He looks confident. His fundamentals are improving. He’s throwing the ball on time. He’s got all the intangibles.

“I think he’ll look back years from now and be really thankful for this time to grow, to reset, to take a breath, and it’s gonna set him up for a nice long career in the league.”

https://nypost.com/2023/08/04/zach-wilsons-mom-shades-fan-didnt-appreciate-his-comments/

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean I know we like to make fun of Mrs. Wilson but any drunk fan who is harassing a players family is an ass who should be banned from going to games. 

Yes and if they are hard core enough fans to trudge to a HOF game they knew who she was

• Upvote 1

Just now, JohnnyLV said:

Yes and if they are hard core enough fans to trudge to a HOF game they knew who she was

How do you know what the comments were that she didn't appreciate?

Maybe they had to do with a play or a call?

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Sadly - I do, too. 

And it’s a shame because the vast majority of people are just fine with a beer or two, but a few bad apples ruin it for everyone 

Don't worry, CBDCs and social credit scores will take care of that, which is much much worse.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TBJ said:

It says she didn't appreciate his comments.

It doesn't say what the comments were.

How do you come to the conclusion that he was harassing a player's family?

Why do you think she didn’t appreciate their comments? Given the general tenor around Zach Wilson among Jets fans, what do you think they said to her?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, doitny said:

maybe he wasnt harassing her. probably just saying Zach sucks not knowing him Mom was sitting in front of him.

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why do you think they said anything "to her"?

"ZACH, YOU SUCK!!!!!" is a pretty common thing to hear when Zach is on the field.

I mean maybe they didn’t. I find it hard to believe there was no interaction given she seems like the type to engage with them but at the end of the day all I said was “if you’re harassing the family of a player you’re an ass and should he banned from attending games” which strikes me as an extremely uncontroversial opinion.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Such a bad look for this fan base ...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

C2A5DEFB-F351-40E1-8CFE-ABE6929A7FCE.thumb.jpeg.516ce444fc26b8b4f3153bd839626592.jpeg

Looks pretty dumb from afar, don’t it?

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If you see a fellow Jets fan getting out of line like this slap the sh*t out of them. For real. What a total f'n loser.

She should’ve broken him like a pretzel 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Usually, I’d agree.

With Wilson’s mom it’s more likely she was harassing normal fans being fans.

JMO. 

Staying relevant to get those Hard Knocks minutes 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Usually, I’d agree.

With Wilson’s mom it’s more likely she was harassing normal fans being fans.

JMO. 

BS.  Look at the pic.  The guy and his buddy think they are tough stuff and hilarious.  

• Upvote 1