Jets Training Camp Updates Aug 6

Lith

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Nothing specific in the last few days.  Connor mentioned the other day he is getting close, but no timeframe for return.  At least none that I have heard. 

But Joe W thinks he will have 20 carries against Buffalo in the opener.

All I can go by is what Saleh said.  Which was, we are going to hold him back early in camp even though we dont need to.

He has 0 restrictions from the drs, he is cutting and hitting 23 mph on the gps.  He is ready to go now, let alone a month from now.

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I expect them to take a cautious approach.  Make sure he can contribute over the course of 17+ games, even if that means easing him in slowly in the first month of the season.

I would not mind that.  Bam has proved he deserves carries and carter can help out on 3rd downs.

But i believe they are being cautious now so they wont have to be cautious in the regular season.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

That was a great delayed blitz.

Tippmam looked great in the HOF game, but the mental side with Rodgers is paramount with the hard counts etc. 

it’s possible Tippmamm gets the nod later in the year but I expect AR to more or less pick his Center. 

The cheifs won the super bowl w/ creed humphrys at C last year.  Tippy is a better prospect then him.

I dont care how much experience mcgovern has, he stinks.  Get the young, hungry super talented kid in there and lets go.  We dont have time to be messing around here!

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The cheifs won the super bowl w/ creed humphrys at C last year.  Tippy is a better prospect then him.

I dont care how much experience mcgovern has, he stinks.  Get the young, hungry super talented kid in there and let’s go.  We dont have time to be messing around here!

Nothing personal skippy but I’ll defer to Hack and Rodgers on this one. There is a lot of summer left for him to win the job. Rodgers is a perfectionist and won’t have any patience with a Center that doesn’t have the mental part down. Tippmamm has to prove he has the mental part down first and that is going to take time 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, Larz said:

That was a great delayed blitz.

Tippmam looked great in the HOF game, but the mental side with Rodgers is paramount with the hard counts etc. 

it’s possible Tippmamm gets the nod later in the year but I expect AR to more or less pick his Center. 

I'm guessing they're going to give Tippmann all the preseason snaps and give him every chance to earn the spot.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm guessing they're going to give Tippmann all the preseason snaps and give him every chance to earn the spot.

Agree but they typically try to get the starters in there for a half at least. That will be very telling obviously who is where. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Zach was a little late on a couple early throws but then got it out in better timing.

In college Zach threw with touch.   He’s getting back to that.  Another good sign. (Touch not on these but he’s not gunning everything as fast as he can this year) 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, derp said:

I’ve long thought that Johnson would end up more of a solid all around Bryan Thomas or Calvin Pace eight-ish sack a year with good run defense type than a high end pass rusher and I would love it if he makes me eat some crow on that take.

JJ, Huff, Will McDonald could be serious weapons for this D off the edge.  And, that's not even mentioning Carl Lawson who hopefully takes another step forward from his injury after having a fairly pedestrian season last year.

There's some real juice from the Edge with this team.  If offenses try to double QW then the Jets are likely getting 1-on-1 matchups from both edge spots.

Maybe having a member of the Sack Exchange inducted into the HOF becomes foretelling for this season?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Think this is the most decisive that I have seen Zach be. He threw several perfect passes in the flat. Of course the only throw that got comments was the one he was slightly late on.

One thing that I absolutely love is that the splits on the offense are no longer the ludicrous "offense in a phone booth" tight splits that our last loser OC did but splits to actually utilize the width of the field.

Man our decision at TE is going to be uber tough. All of them seem to be playing super well even Yeboah.  Rodgers likes 12 so we could see it a ton this year. Maybe Uzomah gets traded? I quite like Conklin Ruckert Yeboag Kuntz as our TE room. Yeboah is already a good special teams guy and Kuntz flashed a bit Saturday.

Random thought maybe a secondary motive for bringing in Cook was just to light a fire under the RB butts. Seems to have worked. Bam seems to maybe have solidified himself as #2 at this point and Izzy might be ahead of Carter. Bawden I think makes the team does he just get the "float" special teams spot and maybe get the nod over Brownlee or did they cut someone like MC1?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Lith said:

If the TEs become more than just safety valves and an occasional "change it up" part of the offense then this thing could really open up.  I've given very little mindshare to the offense featuring the TEs at all and I'm expecting the offense to run thru the RBs and WRs since that's where the talent really lies.

If Ruckert becomes sneaky good, meaning above average, in the pass game somehow then there's no doubt Rodgers will find a way to exploit defenses with him.

Think about what Rodgers has done with somewhat pedestrian players like Jermichael Finley, Tonyan, Donald Lee, etc. over the years.  Those guys became sneaky good with Rodgers.  None of them were really stud players in their own right.

image.png.8fd4d2bdca14974455b6a823dd30344e.png

• Upvote 2