This is going to be a disappointing season for some of you

Facts

On 8/17/2023 at 11:53 AM, Jet Nut said:

Where does it say he was or would throw 10 yards past beyond this joint scrimmage.

Then tell why you can’t win this way?

Mcdaniels offense is 7 to 25 yards that where they want to eat, Rodgers in Greenbay with Adams that’s where they were the most successful .    Last year with Carr they were more successful going deep.    That’s not Mcdaniels offense , or where D Adams had his success with Rodgers.    When your  Wrs run routes like this - you can be very successful throwing it quick.  https://x.com/kuhntristen/status/1692561741962530891?s=61

The Jets are going to get the ball out probably Rodgers third step - hide their pass blocking weakness and rely on offenseline that’s going to be one top run blocking unit. ( Tippman might struggle as pass blocker initially, but his run blocking is their already) 

On 8/16/2023 at 1:03 PM, Facts said:

And it's not so much the Jets fault, as it is the insane expectations that some of you have.

These are some of the comments I have read this past week:

"Best RB room in the NFL"

"Best D-line in the NFL"

"Best CB's in the NFL"

"Best roster in Jet's history"

Lots of insane comments.

We were 7-10 last season and lost 6 games in a row. 

Coach: The same terrible rah-rah cliché BS coach we had last year.

QB: Aaron Rodgers is a Hall-Of-Famer and has brought respectability back to this franchise. For that, I thank him. I also think him for his leadership and his willingness to remove $30M+ from our books. However, he is also going to be turning 40 years old in a few months and one AFC Scout said in an interview with ESPN, "I think everyone is afraid to say he's declined a little". He also has to rely on an o-line that looks like dog crap (more on that below).

RB: Quite frankly I don't care about RB's. This isn't the 70's and 80's anymore. The best offenses run very little. Don't get confused by total rush attempts - you must remove QB rushes. For example, the best offenses in the NFL - Kansas City, Buffalo, Cincinnati, etc are all in the bottom 10 of rush play percentage. They literally only run the ball to give the WR's a break and keep the defense honest.

WR: Our starting WR's are the same exact as last years 7-10 team outside of Lazard whose best season ever was 60 receptions. Honestly I think this group is fine but it's certainly not a high-end group.

OL: Here is where the entire offense falls apart. The o-line sucks. I saw one tweet that said during training camp "if (defenders) could hit the quarterback, most drives would be "ending with sacks".

Defense: Great. But same defense we had with our 7-10 record last year. 

I predict either 9-8 or 10-7 which will massively disappoint some of you who think this is some sort of super roster. With any luck we will get a coach next season that cares more about winning that making t-shirt worthy quotes.

I agree with 90% of this, which is quite stunning to me given how much I've disagreed with your posts in the past.

JoeD has abandoned the patient rebuild and, in one offseason, tossed the future of the franchise onto the shoulders of a 40-year-old QB. It's the type of move that desperate franchises make. The plan could work, but history says it probably won't. 

Whatever. I'll do what I've always done: root for them and hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

I agree with 90% of this, which is quite stunning to me given how much I've disagreed with your posts in the past.

JoeD has abandoned the patient rebuild and, in one offseason, tossed the future of the franchise onto the shoulders of a 40-year-old QB. It's the type of move that desperate franchises make. The plan could work, but history says it probably won't. 

He had no choice because not bringing in a legitimate QB would've carried the unacceptable opportunity cost of squandering more years of our young core's rookie deals. He didn't abandon any plan, he adapted it as necessity required. It would've been unconscionable malfeasance for him to "stay the course" and keep waiting for the FQB of the future to be found via the draft.

55 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Whatever. I'll do what I've always done: root for them and hope I'm wrong.

Same here, brother.

29 minutes ago, jgb said:

He had no choice because not bringing in a legitimate QB would've carried the unacceptable opportunity cost of squandering more years of our young core's rookie deals. He didn't abandon any plan, he adapted it as necessity required. It would've been unconscionable malfeasance for him to "stay the course" and keep waiting for the FQB of the future to be found via the draft.

I wanted them to go with Carr. Yes, he's flawed, but I saw him as a good bridge QB who would have improved the offense while they continued looking for a long-term QB solution. (You can't stop drafting quarterbacks just because you've failed with previous picks). And most importantly, Carr wouldn't have cost any draft picks.

10 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

I wanted them to go with Carr. Yes, he's flawed, but I saw him as a good bridge QB who would have improved the offense while they continued looking for a long-term QB solution. (You can't stop drafting quarterbacks just because you've failed with previous picks). And most importantly, Carr wouldn't have cost any draft picks.

Carr was an even bigger departure from his plan, as you describe it. More years and more money.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Carr’s Kirk Cousins, you’re not getting anywhere with him. They gave up picks to give themselves an actual chance. I applaud the move. 

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Facts is just mad we traded for Rodgers 

Chris Siims can eat a d.

No doubt JD got fleeced in the Rodgers trade. He was negotiating against himself.  No other team was in on the Rodgers sweepstakes. Woody just pushed it and panicked and forced JD to just go get him at all costs. Having Zach come back as the starter will do that to an owner.