Can we talk about the “new” uniforms?

Mogglez

Just now, Warfish said:

I'll continue to advocate for this "everyone wins" solution:

1. 60's Uniform Home Uniform

2. 80's Uniform Road Uniform

I'm sticking to my prediction Woody goes back to the classic 60s with the new color scheme and the launch party theme is "Our rich past meets our bright future."

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

If the helmet logo switch is an issue, just use the 80's logo, green logo on white helmet for home, white logo on green helmet for road.

Reverse that.

The 60's all white is the greatest uniform in the history of man kind. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

If the helmet logo switch is an issue, just use the 80's logo, green logo on white helmet for home, white logo on green helmet for road.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

I'm sticking to my prediction Woody goes back to the classic 60s with the new color scheme and the launch party theme is "Our rich past meets our bright future."

I think both of you guys are on the right track here.  

Personally I think we go with both a green and white version of our Monday unis as our primary but we wear 60s throwbacks as our alternate 4 times per year….or vice versa.

The 60s uniforms would need the correct green and the shoulder stripes need to be fixed….the Nike templates did bad things to that uniform.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

Sounds awesome. Always wanted to see what the 80's logo would look like on the 60's unis.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I know we can’t officially change the uniforms until after this season, but why the hell can’t the helmet logo be changed immediately?

It’s just a different sticker decal on the exact same helmet.

The logo from the last few seasons is horrifically lame.  Embarrassingly bad.  The switch from that to the legacy logo from Monday is a worst-to-first scenario.  The 80s logo on the modern-looking iridescent green helmet is spectacular.

Needless to say, add me to the list of fans wanting these to be our primary logo/uniform, including the reintroduction of the modernized 80s green jersey.  

I also love the idea of the Super Bowl logo/uniform being the 3-game alternate, as long as it’s not the botched Nike version of its final years.

I’m kind of hoping that @Mogglez started this thread as a way of demonstrating and communicating fan support for this change back to whatever connections he might have on the Jets marketing team.  No team’s fans universally agree about anything (particularly not Jets fans), but the support for this change is as much of a consensus as I remember ever seeing from this fan base about any topic.  Make it happen!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1