NY Jets Injury Report (Wed); Brandin Echols is Out

NY Jets Injury Report

Here is the NY Jets injury report that Robert Saleh gave the media on Wednesday.

I am just going to run down these injuries real quick. Brandin Echols, he’s doing with a hammy (hamstring), he’s going to be out for the game. D.J. Reed was entered into the concussion protocol. He won’t practice today, but we are optimistic that he will get everything cleared by game day.

Tony Adams will be limited. Sam Eguaveon will be limited. (Wes) Schweitzer’s back in practice, he’ll be limited and Mekhi (Becton) is on his normal schedule.

D.J. Reed had some symptoms Monday or something?

Yeah, a couple of symptoms, but like I said, we are optimistic on that, but Echols is going to be out.

Do you guys need to add a corner with Echols out and D.J.?

Yeah, we’re working some guys out. We need to add one anyway just because of practice and legs and all that stuff. But with Echols being down we are going to have to add one. It will probably be more practice squad though.

The post NY Jets Injury Report (Wed); Brandin Echols is Out appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

This is bad. Russ is finally cooking and the Broncos have some weaponz at WR. Their starting RB will be out and their defense will be looking to bounce back after being embarrassed and some starters comin back from injury.  

And I'm not sure why this thread has not gotten more attention. 

DJ Reed probably WILL NOT play. 

I believe I heard somewhere that (G. Naughton maybe said it on his podcast) that so far this season nobody has played the week of being put into concussion protocol. They are just really careful with that and I think despite what Saleh says, Jet fans should assume DJ will not play. 

That leaves us with Sauce, Carter II, Hall and Hardee. I DO NOT want to see Hall play. I'd rather see Hardee out there. I think Carter will struggle on the outside and should probably stay in the slot - a VERY important position. Will JBC play CB? I highly doubt it. 

They signed Kalon Barnes, Tae Hayes and Craig James to the PS. My guess is out of all the back end depth guys, Craig James will be the guy they will activate to actually play in certain packages. JMHO. 

But this is bad. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, PepPep said:

This is bad. Russ is finally cooking and the Broncos have some weaponz at WR. Their starting RB will be out and their defense will be looking to bounce back after being embarrassed and some starters comin back from injury.  

I believe I heard somewhere that (G. Naughton maybe said it on his podcast) that so far this season nobody has played the week of being put into concussion protocol. They are just really careful with that and I think despite what Saleh says, Jet fans should assume DJ will not play. 

That leaves us with Sauce, Carter II, Hall and Hardee. I DO NOT want to see Hall play. I'd rather see Hardee out there. I think Carter will struggle on the outside and should probably stay in the slot - a VERY important position. Will JBC play CB? I highly doubt it. 

They signed Kalon Barnes, Tae Hayes and Craig James to the PS. My guess is out of all the back end depth guys, Craig James will be the guy they will activate to actually play in certain packages. JMHO. 

But this is bad. 

Of that group that you mentioned I don't want to see Hardee play. Love him on special teams, but damn I don't even know if he can cover anyone.  

Also if they can play with a lead, they should be okay since they are a zone team anyway. Let Russ dink and dunk and keep it to field goals. The field gets smaller and 3's don't matter if we are putting up 7's.

A big if, I know.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, PepPep said:

But this is bad. 

Yep. I was thinking the same thing. R Wilson had a really good game and he’s capable of putting up some good numbers. He’s also good at running so the jets will need to keep him contained.

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

But this is bad. 

I think I posted it somewhere but I read that nobody has played the week they were put in concussion protocol since Kenny Pickett week 7 last year.  

I agree that Craig James is most likely.  I am hoping that Adams is back.  They let Adams play some slot and I think (get ready for it @pointman) they will use much more Ashtyn Davis.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

That leaves us with Sauce, Carter II, Hall and Hardee. I DO NOT want to see Hall play.

This is why Hall has been kept on the roster, for situations like this.

Hardee is a career special teamer who couldn't hang at DB, even against 3rd and 4th string scrubs.

Bryce Hall got burned deep by Kyle Pitts in preseason a year ago and fans now think he's the worst DB in the history of the NYJ.

Justin Hardee is not going to see the field ahead of Bryce Hall.

If that were the case, they might as well have just cut him 2 years ago.

Carter II is a damn good corner.  Even with Reed out, a Sauce-Carter II duo is still among the best CB duos in the league IMO.  At the very least top-10.  Where you get into trouble is in nickel and dime sets.  Hall will get his reps due to the body shortage, and possibly even James as well.  Depending on how those two guys look, you could end up seeing some interesting 3 safety packages to compensate our lack of CB depth.  Not sure if Adams is going to be in the lineup, but even if he isn't, I feel like you can rely pretty heavily on Whitehead, Amos, and Davis.

Davis, outside of one play this season which was only like a 5 yard run I believe(he just hesitated to lay the wood for whatever reason; ended up getting knocked backwards and it just looked ugly), has looked pretty impressive.  Sometimes these guys take time.  Sometimes they take even 3 years.  Not sure if Davis will ever be a starter in this league, but he's clearly no longer the lost rookie/sophomore that we remember so well.  I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with more reps.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Hardee is a career special teamer who couldn't hang at DB, even against 3rd and 4th string scrubs.

Bryce Hall got burned deep by Kyle Pitts in preseason a year ago and fans now think he's the worst DB in the history of the NYJ.

Bryce Hall was cooked repeatedly last year and was not much better this year.  He is not good and if he is starting Denver will be going after him all game.

Not to cite another concern, but this is exactly the game where you want EXTRA CBs and not to be short any.  The altitude thing is real and I wouldn't be shocked if Denver repeatedly trots out even WR3 and WR4 type guys to simply send them on Go routes and exhaust the Jets DBs. That's what I would do on 1st and/or 2nd down.  If I'm Denver then I run the ball on those downs, then swap my WR1 and WR2 back in against DBs that have been running wind sprints down the field in Mile High.

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think I posted it somewhere but I read that nobody has played the week they were put in concussion protocol since Kenny Pickett week 7 last year.  

I agree that Craig James is most likely.  I am hoping that Adams is back.  They let Adams play some slot and I think (get ready for it @pointman) they will use much more Ashtyn Davis.  

Community Reaction GIF

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Hall was on the field for like 10 plays last year and gave up a TD.  His QB rating against has always been above 97.  Let that sink in.  He had a PFF cover grade of 26 Sunday and generally the eye test has matched that.  In his "good" year he gave up 63% completion rate and a 106 QB rating against.  He may be better than Hardee, but neither should ever see the field as an NFL CB.  I am being completely honest when I say that I have no idea why they didn't just cut him 2 years ago.  He is the one I would have cut to keep Pinnock.