NY Knicks Thread (2023-2024)

Tezza

Thumped a depleted Detroit team. DiVi was feeling it. I thought Thibs was going to keep the starters in until the 1:30 mark. I just hope they can get healthy without rushing any one of OG, Randle or Robinson back. The last thing needed is a reinjury.

I was encouraged by Bogi finding some sort of a stroke and a fit into the offensive flow. If he can contribute along with Burkes, that would really help in the playoffs.

I was stunned to see Thibs put in the scrubs with more than a minute left in the 4th quarter, up by 35 ...

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bungaman said:

I was stunned to see Thibs put in the scrubs with more than a minute left in the 4th quarter, up by 35 ...

He has to find some rest for JB before he playoffs. Deuce is tireless…  Need Randle back soon! Bucks up 1.5 would love to overtake them for 2 seed.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

He has to find some rest for JB before he playoffs. Deuce is tireless…  Need Randle back soon! Bucks up 1.5 would love to overtake them for 2 seed.

Deuce is 23 and hasn't played much this season, no problem with him playing 45 mins a night. JB and Hart are the guys I'm a little worried about gassing out. But hard to argue with the results. 8-2 in the last 10!

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

We need OG & JR back pronto, to get the #3 or maybe #2. Can't believe how well these guys are balling, undermanned like this. 

getting very worried about both those guys :( 

I think they will be back, but worried they will get re-injuried or be ineffective 

• Upvote 1

They need at least one of JR or OG back. Keeping up the pressure on the offensive boards and defending well in the paint are key to their success. If they get one of the two back, that keeps the starting unit somewhat even with the opposing clubs, and almost as important, allows the bench five to overmatch the other teams' second units. 

• Upvote 1

Dallas-Knicks trade from 5 years ago is finally complete. Knicks get an additional 1st in next year’s draft.

The New York Knicks won in more ways than one on Tuesday night.

Not only did the Knicks earn a major victory over the Chicago Bulls (one that placed them third on the Eastern Conference playoff bracket) but they're the official owners of two first-round picks in the upcoming NBA Draft by virtue of the Dallas Mavericks' playoff clinch.

@slimjasi this should make you smile 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, HessStation said:

Oddest way to win the #2 seed in NBA history…what a joke the NBA is. Trash league

Did I miss a story regarding the #2? Knicks could ostensibly threw the game for an easier pathway (according to some beat writers). But not this team and this coach! It’s all about winning every game. DD played 51 minutes!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Getting the second seed is great for HCA through two rounds. I'm not sure whether I prefer Philly or Miami: both have their dangers.

They really need this week of rest to heal the dings. They do need someone other than DD to put up some points when JB is getting rest - and I think other teams are going to go at Brunson on offense to get him into foul trouble and off the floor.

13 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Did I miss a story regarding the #2? Knicks could ostensibly threw the game for an easier pathway (according to some beat writers). But not this team and this coach! It’s all about winning every game. DD played 51 minutes!

That was the weirdest win to clinch a 2 seed ever. It was like they were trying to lose. Felt like I was watching preseason basketball w all the mistakes and turnovers /lack of focus being made 

• WTF? 2

On 4/12/2024 at 6:23 AM, JustInFudge said:

Brunson is ******* awesome.

That is all. 

He really is

It's crazy how good he is

And to think the Knicks were almost universally mocked by the national media for "overpaying" him.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

What are you referring to? They won 5 straight to win the 2 seed. 

The actual final 6-8 minutes of the 4 quarter of the game into OT. It was like they were actively trying to give the game away multiple times. 

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

The actual final 6-8 minutes of the 4 quarter of the game into OT. It was like they were actively trying to give the game away multiple times. 

Last 6-8 minutes, huh?

The Knicks took their first lead in the 4th quarter with 4:19 remaining on Brunson’s AND 1. They also trailed by 2 or 3 points multiple times throughout the final 5 minutes of regulation and OT. They kept coming back. In fact, they were down by 2 with 1:01 left in regulation when Brunson tied it on a jumper and also trailed by 3 with 4 minutes left in OT after Caruso hit a 3. It was back and forth for basically the last 10 minutes of play (4th quarter and OT combined). 

yea, I’m not really sure what you are talking about. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Just an objective Knicks fan. The league is watered down and the East is weak AF. I’ll happily root along but that was about as frustrating a big win as it gets. 

The Knicks won 50 games with Randle missing half the season, Robinson missing 50 games, and Anunoby missing 27 games. 

If they were even remotely healthy, they would have very likely been a 57-60 win team.

Yea this seems like a bad take 

17 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Last 6-8 minutes, huh?

The Knicks took their first lead in the 4th quarter with 4:19 remaining on Brunson’s AND 1. They also trailed by 2 or 3 points multiple times throughout the final 5 minutes of regulation and OT. They kept coming back. In fact, they were down by 2 with 1:01 left in regulation when Brunson tied it on a jumper and also trailed by 3 with 4 minutes left in OT after Caruso hit a 3. It was back and forth for basically the last 10 minutes of play (4th quarter and OT combined). 

yea, I’m not really sure what you are talking about. 

And had about 10 turnovers during that time.  playing for a 2 seed against a bulls team looking for the exit. 

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The Knicks won 50 games with Randle missing half the season, Robinson missing 50 games, and Anunoby missing 27 games. 

If they were even remotely healthy, they would have very likely been a 57-60 win team.

Yea this seems like a bad take 

Has absolutely nothing to do with the final minutes of the 4th quarter vs the Bulls. The season is obviously a huge success. But honestly the East is weak AF. It’s borderline ridiculous.