NY Knicks Thread (2023-2024)

Tezza

It’s not easy following them living down South 8 months a year, but I officially hopped on the bandwagon now that the playoffs have begun and I can watch them play.

Brunson got game. As a ‘Cuse guy it’s not easy to admit how much I love watching the VillaNoFun trio play… 

8 hours ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Hart, OG, and Precious combined for 38 rebounds and 10 blocks in 111 minutes. This is a per 48 average line of 16+ and 4+ for three guys who are 6’4, 6’7, and 6’8. It’s been said a million times but this really is that team all over again.

I think Hart missed those FT’s at the end because he finally tired out from carrying his gigantic balls up and down the court with him. 

• Haha 3

On 4/26/2024 at 2:23 PM, JustInFudge said:

**** Embiid.  

Double **** Embiid.   0-5 in the 4th quarter, bitching about Knicks fans taking over in Philly?  Here's a thought, you big doofus, make a bucket in the 4th.  You took 5 shots!  lmfao.  One from the point.  GFY Embiid you big baby bitch loafing dirty POS.  GFY!!!!!!!!

I ❤️ you Jalen Brunson!

Lets go Knicks! 

• Upvote 1

On 4/29/2024 at 11:31 AM, JustInFudge said:

Double **** Embiid.   0-5 in the 4th quarter, bitching about Knicks fans taking over in Philly?  Here's a thought, you big doofus, make a bucket in the 4th.  You took 5 shots!  lmfao.  One from the point.  GFY Embiid you big baby bitch loafing dirty POS.  GFY!!!!!!!!

I ❤️ you Jalen Brunson!

Lets go Knicks! 

Embiid is a big bitch.

Maxey channeling Reggie Miller right now. **** him too

• Upvote 1

Brutal loss 

up 6 with 25 seconds left in regulation. Robinson fouls maxey on a 3, resulting in a 4 point play. Then, Hart misses a free throw (OG and Brunson both missed FTs earlier, as well). Then, Thibs decides not to foul up by 3 with 10 seconds left and they let Maxey take the game tying 3 (dumb). Then, Thibs doesn’t call a TO to draw up a final play at the end of regulation (why not?)

and OT was a lot of Brunson ISO ball with everyone just standing around and watching. They moved the ball well all game long . . . 

just a terrible, terrible loss that could end up costing them their season. Ugh 

• Post of the Week 2

47 minutes ago, TBJ said:

Yup, Knicks choked at the end of the 4th and again in OT.

Philly has all the momentum now.

Very likely going 7 now 

Such a bummer. Gonna take me awhile to get over this one. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TBJ said:

Yup, Knicks choked at the end of the 4th and again in OT.

Philly has all the momentum now.

Philly might be feeling good about themselves, but this Knicks team is angry and I expect them to come out on fire on Thursday. There is no quit in this team and you can expect JB & Hart to be absolute beasts next game. Knicks take the serirs in 6.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Philly might be feeling good about themselves, but this Knicks team is angry and I expect them to come out on fire on Thursday. There is no quit in this team and you can expect JB & Hart to be absolute beasts next game. Knicks take the serirs in 6.

I hope you are right 

I’m not very confident about game 6 because I expect Embid to have a bounce back game tomorrow. 

the only way I can justify what happened last night is that we stole game 2 and they stole game 5, so now we’re even. 

when push comes to shove, I do believe we will win game 7 at home, but this could have been so much easier. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

I hope they can get up off the mat quicker than I can because I’m still feeling the gut punch from that one. Knicks had to do about 8 things wrong and Philly had to hit two miraculous shots and all of it happened. I will say, for as bad as I think Thibs botched the end of the game, I think he is the perfect coach to get them to move on quickly and regroup. 

Would certainly be nice if DiVincenzo could wake up tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jvill 51 said:

I hope they can get up off the mat quicker than I can because I’m still feeling the gut punch from that one. Knicks had to do about 8 things wrong and Philly had to hit two miraculous shots and all of it happened. I will say, for as bad as I think Thibs botched the end of the game, I think he is the perfect coach to get them to move on quickly and regroup. 

Would certainly be nice if DiVincenzo could wake up tomorrow.

A lot went wrong in that last 90 seconds. We had them, but a few bad decisions robbed us of the win. 3 of 5 games we were the superior team & we won’t lose back-to-back games… no less 3 straight.

13 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Brutal loss 

up 6 with 25 seconds left in regulation. Robinson fouls maxey on a 3, resulting in a 4 point play. Then, Hart misses a free throw (OG and Brunson both missed FTs earlier, as well). Then, Thibs decides not to foul up by 3 with 10 seconds left and they let Maxey take the game tying 3 (dumb). Then, Thibs doesn’t call a TO to draw up a final play at the end of regulation (why not?)

and OT was a lot of Brunson ISO ball with everyone just standing around and watching. They moved the ball well all game long . . . 

just a terrible, terrible loss that could end up costing them their season. Ugh 

Thibs was bad last night.  I was screaming to foul Maxey.  So dumb, so dumb.  It's high school level play.  The free throws, the no TO, the turnover - everyone contributed.  I'd love for someone to realize this is the playoffs and defend the perimeter w/ some intensity.  

I dont see this team losing 3 straight, so while I'm not stressed, they made this way harder then it needed to be especially after kind of being gifted game 2.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Thibs was bad last night.  I was screaming to foul Maxey.  So dumb, so dumb.  It's high school level play.  The free throws, the no TO, the turnover - everyone contributed.  I'd love for someone to realize this is the playoffs and defend the perimeter w/ some intensity.  

I dont see this team losing 3 straight, so while I'm not stressed, they made this way harder then it needed to be especially after kind of being gifted game 2.

If you want to feel worse - There is a video online showing that Thibs WAS screaming to foul Maxey. Mcbride just didn't do it. 

Sadly, I am stressed. I am now terrified they will blow this series. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If you want to feel worse - There is a video online showing that Thibs WAS screaming to foul Maxey. Mcbride just didn't do it. 

Sadly, I am stressed. I am now terrified they will blow this series. 

Angry Season 9 GIF by Shameless

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

IMG_1021.thumb.jpeg.d4224c599ac162b2c5241c74a3e4b558.jpeg

This is really the whole thing summed up isn't it? Yeah Hart should have made both FT's and yes Brunson shouldn't have thrown the ball away and blah blah blah blaaaaaahhh. Blame whomever the hell you want but sometimes a dude with ice in his veins makes a freak play and there's nothing you can do about it except tell him to go **** himself.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Asymmetrical said:

I am afraid of The Bad Thing now. Someone other than Brunson needs to score. 

It would be nice if Donte could hit some threes. 

We need a 6 for 11 Donte game. OR McBride goes off even more than he has (which he is capable)

• Upvote 1