NY Knicks Thread (2023-2024)

Tezza

3 hours ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Any chance Robinson being hurt and Brunson being hurt spares us more complaining about things going the Knicks’ way?

I’m happy the Knicks won. Get lost 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

How is Reggie Miller even allowed in the building for this

He also called game 2 for us against Indy back in 2013 

And he was just as insufferable then 

6 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Absolutely. It’s amazing how they not only haven’t run out of gas, but they’re actually better the further into the game it gets. Hart should be studied in a lab after this season is over. But it just can’t be sustainable to play every minute of every game.

On one hand, you're right.  It's crazy to play at this pace.  On the other, it's not like anyone tried in the first half.  They gave up 73 pts in a playoff game, at home, lmfao, so they got their breather in the first half.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

On one hand, you're right.  It's crazy to play at this pace.  On the other, it's not like anyone tried in the first half.  They gave up 73 pts in a playoff game, at home, lmfao, so they got their breather in the first half.

The first half made the All Star Game look like a defensive struggle, especially after Brunson went down and they got shell shocked. Felt like there was a 5ish minute stretch where they didn’t even contest a shot.

• Upvote 2

Rick Carlisle taking the high road game 1, only to now bitch and moan about the refs is some next level sour grapes bull sh*t.  Your team blew a 10 point lead w/ the Knicks falling off left and right from injuries and had a one footed Jalen Brunson stick it in your ass, respectfully, STFU you blow hard.

He's filling grievances for 46 missed calls?  46????!!!!!!!!!!!  WTF do you want to do here, Rick?  To have a 7 hour game, a whistle every possession?  You want to decide the game on free throws w/ the 9th and 10th player on your bench?  Small market teams need a break? GFY.  What NYC team has had a break?  You ****.   GFY.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Rick Carlisle taking the high road game 1, only to know bitch and moan about the refs is some next level sour grapes bull sh*t.  Your team blew a 10 point lead w/ the Knicks falling off left and right from injuries and had a one footed Jalen Brunson stick it in your ass, respectfully, STFU you blow hard.

He's filling grievances for 46 missed calls?  46????!!!!!!!!!!!  WTF do you want to do here, Rick?  To have a 7 hour game, a whistle every possession?  You want to decide the game on free throws w/ the 9th and 10th player on your bench?  Small market teams need a break? GFY.  What NYC team has had a break?  You ****.   GFY.

Dude basically just submitted the entire game film and said “I object!”

Good use of the film crew and coaching staff’s time though, who needs to figure out how our sh*tty defense keeps leaving the Knicks best 3 point shooter wide open in crunch time when we can cut up slow motion frame by frame clips to show that a fingertip actually might have touched an elbow and that proves there’s a conspiracy against small market teams (except for smaller market teams like OKC and Minnesota).

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Dude basically just submitted the entire game film and said “I object!”

Good use of the film crew and coaching staff’s time though, who needs to figure out how our sh*tty defense keeps leaving the Knicks best 3 point shooter wide open in crunch time when we can cut up slow motion frame by frame clips to show that a fingertip actually might have touched an elbow and that proves there’s a conspiracy against small market teams (except for smaller market teams like OKC and Minnesota).

I get it's a bit performative.  I'm sure he's feeling good about their chances to get some back at home because of how banged up the Jets are now but dude, your team gave up the most points in the playoffs this season.  The Knicks havent scored that many points in the playoffs since 1990.  GFY!  lol

3 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

I get it's a bit performative.  I'm sure he's feeling good about their chances to get some back at home because of how banged up the Jets are now but dude, your team gave up the most points in the playoffs this season.  The Knicks havent scored that many points in the playoffs since 1990.  GFY!  lol

Can we wait until training camp before the Jets get banged up at least? Im enjoying looking at that paper roster before the inevitable happens.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Seriously though Im sure it is politicking to a certain extent, but 49 plays?! 78 over two games?! What is the league even supposed to do with that? You want a foul called on them every play and none called on your team, got it. You for sure should have had an additional 156 free throws over the last two games, right on that’s totally reasonable.

At some point you don’t think maybe the sheer volume of nitpicking it takes to compile 78 complaints works against you in the eyes of the league instead of just filing like 10 that you think are particularly egregious?

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Seriously though Im sure it is politicking to a certain extent, but 49 plays?! 78 over two games?! What is the league even supposed to do with that? You want a foul called on them every play and none called on your team, got it. You for sure should have had an additional 156 free throws over the last two games, right on that’s totally reasonable.

At some point you don’t think maybe the sheer volume of nitpicking it takes to compile 78 complaints works against you in the eyes of the league instead of just filing like 10 that you think are particularly egregious?

Rick Carlisle is really coming off like a whiny little dog in heat. They're down 0-2 because of their a mentally soft team that doesn't play great defense. All the pressure is on the Pacers now to win game 3 in Indiana, especially with the Knicks most likely being without OG Anunoby. I'm not expecting to win that game, but never say never with these resilient Knicks.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Rick Carlisle is really coming off like a whiny little dog in heat. They're down 0-2 because of their a mentally soft team that doesn't play great defense. All the pressure is on the Pacers now to win game 3 in Indiana, especially with the Knicks most likely being without OG Anunoby. I'm not expecting to win that game, but never say never with these resilient Knicks.

They are bad defensively, averaged the most free throws against in the league in the regular season, and their strategy has been to full court press the entire game and try to bully Brunson up and down the court to wear him down. All of that should be a recipe for them to be called for a ton of fouls, and yet they’ve actually had less free throws taken against them in this series than their season average. It’s nonsense, and if they actually want the game officiated more strictly they’re going to get called for a ton of fouls for grabbing and holding Brunson before the Knicks even pass the half court line. That’s not what they want though, they just want the maximum home court whistle they can get.

• Upvote 1

A reminder to the national media that Knicks were 3-3 against Reggie's Pacers in the playoffs  (Beat them in 93, 94, and 99. Lost to them in 95, 98, and 2000).

Including the regular season, Reggie was 26-41 against the Knicks for his entire career, averaging 18.4 points, 2.9 assists, and 2.8 rebounds. 

The Knicks were also 2-1 against Reggie's Pacers in the ECF (won in 94 and 99 and lost in 2000)

Jordan owned the Knicks; Reggie was a good rival. 

• Upvote 1

Damn did I want that one. Brunson clearly not himself, missed a few down the stretch that he normally knocks down and that plus their continued free throw struggles proved to be the difference. Deuce over Precious down the stretch I think was a mistake. Brunson looking to draw the foul instead of trying to get a good look at the end was another. Hopefully OG will be back for Game 4 and Burks can stick in the rotation for some much needed bench scoring.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Brunson looking to draw the foul instead of trying to get a good look at the end was another.

Actually I take this one back after watching the replay. He was fouled on the right arm by Nembhard before the shot, pretty clearly intentionally. He probably anticipated the whistle for the intentional foul and tried to put up the 3 quickly to try and get the shooting foul call. But refs never blew the whistle. I guess you can say he shouldn’t have put it up until he heard the whistle, but that’s a tough break.

Would have been hilarious if the shot went down though and the Knicks pulled it out. Carlisle would have blown a gasket that they missed the intentional foul on the floor.

56 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Tough loss. Battled hard with half the team out and got a bad game from Brunson.

Onto game 4

The Knicks were down by 6 or so after the 2nd and it seemed like they were down 20. They just hang in there.

Tough loss, what a miracle shot. But damn this team is fun.

• Upvote 2