NY Knicks Thread (2023-2024)

Tezza

Been over 20 years since I was this invested in a Knicks game.  Used to watch most games up until 2000 but they have sucked so hard for so long they killed my spirit.  Nice to be back. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Props to OG Anunoby. He had s nice  6 minute stretch that started with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter through the first 3 minutes of the 4th quarter.  During that stretch Anunoby scored 10 points,  hit a couple 3's, and blocked a Tyrese Maxey's 3 pointer. OG was the perfect addition to this team. 

No doubt, Jalen Brunson is the best Knick basketball player since maybe Ewing. This is the best Knicks team since 1999. Wasn't Jalen dad on that team? 

• Upvote 2

Brunson, Hart, OG were all terrific. But the unsung hero to me last night was DiVincenzo. He’d been oddly passive all series, but turned on the aggressiveness last night and I think it really helped the offense get into better positions especially early on. And maybe even more important, he played 48 minutes of fantastic defense on Maxey, forcing to his left constantly and effectively neutering him after that display he put on in Game 5. Credit to Thibs as well for pulling that switch.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

How fitting that Josh Hart had the clutch 3 and quickly made us all forgive him for missing the free throws. Love it.

Dude was stoked for 9pm game because he could get a nap in and all he needs is a belly full of Mike and Ike's and it's mother****ing on!!!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

How fitting that Josh Hart had the clutch 3 and quickly made us all forgive him for missing the free throws. Love it.

That start time of 2 hours later probably helped refill his gigantic balls back to 100% capacity. 

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Brunson, Hart, OG were all terrific. But the unsung hero to me last night was DiVincenzo. He’d been oddly passive all series, but turned on the aggressiveness last night and I think it really helped the offense get into better positions especially early on. And maybe even more important, he played 48 minutes of fantastic defense on Maxey, forcing to his left constantly and effectively neutering him after that display he put on in Game 5. Credit to Thibs as well for pulling that switch.

This 100%

Scoring we can find. Shutting Maxey down was imperative for the win.

JB will get his 30 & 8 assists  & Halliburton will probably get 25 and 12 assists.

Obi vs. Siakam & Hartenstein vs. Turner will be the deciding factor.

Our FG pct. percentage has to be better in this series, because Indy can shoot!

Sleepers:

Indy: Jalen Smith Forward

Knicks: Precious Achiuwa Forward

Smith

image.png.6d78eae8e2daa4eb4a3a38cbffd999ed.png

PRECIOUS

image.png.3751327074b6109f19a9218ec2d6bc69.png

image.png.af63dfb4372da9718603e8adbd372366.png

12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Pacers cry to the refs more than a double estrogen filled Tom Brady. That win was satisfying as ****.

The refs were brutal in the final few possessions (equally)though.
Donte sold it, but that late blocking call was soft AF.

As great Brunson is, and man he’s great, Donte hit the dagger.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Pacers cry to the refs more than a double estrogen filled Tom Brady. That win was satisfying as ****.

Tired Stewie Griffin GIF by Family Guy

Totally exhausted by that game.

Josh Hart is a 6’4” BEAST

JB is a STONE COLD KILLER

DD is ICE when playing off those 2

39 of last 43 points by these 3

Honestly, with Julius this team chemistry would be so different.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Tired Stewie Griffin GIF by Family Guy

Totally exhausted by that game.

Josh Hart is a 6’4” BEAST

JB is a STONE COLD KILLER

DD is ICE when playing off those 2

39 of last 43 points by these 3

Honestly, with Julius this team chemistry would be so different.

Yeah, me too.

This series is gonna be another war, just like the one with Philly. The Pacers are no joke, and Carlyle knows what he’s doing.

As to your point about Randolph, at some point we’re gonna need some scoring off the bench. That’s where the injuries could catch up with the Knicks.

• Upvote 1

They just find a way to win! Really need to clean up these end of game situations though (and the turnovers in general against a team that wants to run nonstop). Give Donte the Oscar. I’ll take a 20 point win in game 2 please, I don’t know if I can survive another series like the last one.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yeah, me too.

This series is gonna be another war, just like the one with Philly. The Pacers are no joke, and Carlyle knows what he’s doing.

As to your point about Randolph, at some point we’re gonna need some scoring off the bench. That’s where the injuries could catch up with the Knicks.

Robinson is so stiff out there. Great game by IH. 3 at buzzer and some great passing.

Need Precious and Deuce to step up. OG on Siakam was solid & those 3 defensive plays under 3 minutes were huge

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Good win for the Knicks but that was some crooked ass officiating. 

The refs were equal opportunity in their ineptitude. It was embarrassing watching them repeatedly screw up the final few minutes.

The blocking call at the end (as bad as it was) was technically a “foul”.  Nobody except the homerest of homers thought it was a good call though. That was home cooking for sure.

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The blocking call at the end (as bad as it was) was technically a “foul”.  Nobody except the homerest of homers thought it was a good call though. That was home cooking for sure.

It was a fantastic call. He practically assaulted DiVincenzo. In public. An appalling act of ultra violence, really.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1