Why is no one talking about this?

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Stop...He's the best player on one of the best D's in the NFL....

Yeah ok.  More jet fans making excuses for bad play.  You are also probably a “zach is improving” guy too.

No more blowing smoke up our asses.  Quinnen has been a major disappointment and besides having an interception fall directly into his hands, has made 0 game changing plays in 7 games.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 11
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Because he's still the guy who makes it possible for everyone else to put up the big numbers.  Relying on the box score to tell you how a guy is playing isn't always a great idea.

Not everything of value a player does will get you fantasy football points.

Oh here we go.  Hes why other guys are playing well.  More nonsense.

We are not dumb.  Zach isnt improving and Quinnen has stunk.  Stop with the nonsense.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Yeah ok.  More jet fans making excuses for bad play.  You are also probably a “zach is improving” guy too.

No more blowing smoke up our asses.  Quinnen has been a major disappointment and besides having an interception fall directly into his hands, has made 0 game changing plays in 7 games.

Look, I get your schtick.

Little Bro Q isn't the guy to go after though.  Dude is dominant.   

• Upvote 4

More concerning was the 128 rushing yards by Barkley, when they knew he was getting the ball. Could have been a lot about Al Woods not being there, but Quinnen is partially to blame. 

But every time we have started to complain  about Q, he balls out. He will be fine. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Q is getting double and sometimes triple teamed and still causing issues and freeing up other guys on the edge to come in and clean up.

Hes rhe most integral player on this defense. He may not be showing up on the stat sheet, but if he wasn't out there we would not look the same.

A guy getting 96 million shows up on the stat sheet.  The excuses are hysterical.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1

Quinnen Wilkerson, he has been okay, if he was a guy making 5 million a year.  The jets gave him the huge money and he has sucked compared to what a 'top end DT' should be doing.

He is so far below actual game wreckers it is sad.

He got paid like an actual game wrecker like a chris jones but he is far far from it.  He eats some double teams, we could have gotten a fat DT to just take up space and take on doubles if that is what we expected.

Big disappointment. 

I'm sure we will now be flooded with an endless amount of PFF 'almost got there's and 'maybe got pressure' kind of stats to justify his spotty play.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Quinnen Wilkerson, he has been okay, if he was a guy making 5 million a year.  The jets gave him the huge money and he has sucked compared to what a 'top end DT' should be doing.

He is so far below actual game wreckers it is sad.

He got paid like an actual game wrecker like a chris jones but he is far far from it.  He eats some double teams, we could have gotten a fat DT to just take up space and take on doubles if that is what we expected.

Big disappointment. 

I'm sure we will now be flooded with an endless amount of PFF 'almost got there's and 'maybe got pressure' kind of stats to justify his spotty play.

Beerfish gets it.  This post is spot on.  Quinnen Williams for 96 million has been absolutely terrible this year.  

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Because he's still the guy who makes it possible for everyone else to put up the big numbers.  Relying on the box score to tell you how a guy is playing isn't always a great idea.

You do not pay a guy 96 million to just take up blocks.  Sorry, our run defense stinks and he is taking up blocks.

You pay a guy 96 million to do what he did last year, take up blocks and doubles and get 10-12 sacks.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

You do not pay a guy 96 million to just take up blocks.  Sorry, our run defense stinks and he is taking up blocks.

You pay a guy 96 million to do what he did last year, take up blocks and doubles and get 10-12 sacks.

This is such common sense its mind boggling anyone is arguing this.  I barely notice quinnen is even on the field.  0 game changing plays.  

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AFJF said:

but you get paid from that box score. the guy who gets 2-3 sacks a years aint getting the money he got. thats why i told you all to wait another year to pay him. see if he could put 2 good years together. it would have been cheaper  for us if he continues down this road.

you dont pay someone after one really good year if you dont have too.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'm sorry you think that's all he's doing.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

This may very well be the best defense in the NFL.

Certainly one of the best defenses the Jets have had and Quinnen's the best player on this defense...

All y'all are barking up the wrong tree if this is you're going after.

Imagine deciding to start a thread ripping one of the best players on the team immediately after a third consecutive win.  There can't be another fan base in the NFL that does this.  There just can't.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I'm sorry you think that's all he's doing.

I'll repeat you do not make a guy one of the very top paid DTs in the league to do what he is doing.  He is paid like an absolute game wrecking star, he has not been that at all.

He is taking on doubles yes

His presence helps other lineman yes

He is not being a greater run stopper, he is not getting to the QB.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Imagine deciding to start a thread ripping one of the best players on the team immediately after a third consecutive win.  There can't be another fan base in the NFL that does this.  There just can't.

I spend a lot of time reading other teams boards. This is nothing unique, it is everywhere today. Every single team.

The thing is one post online gets amplified today. Some of it is trolling and people take it serious. Some of it is serious, that people wish was trolling. But every team has this.

What every team doesn't have is the passion of Jets fans. A ton do, but I saw it at the Giants game today. Much quieter. People don't stand. Jets fans are super passionate.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

I'll repeat you do not make a guy one of the very top paid DTs in the league to do what he is doing.  He is paid like an absolute game wrecking star, he has not been that at all.

I am going to go with whatever Saleh votes for in this regard. And I don't think he is voting with you.  :)

• Post of the Week 1

He hasnt wrecked one play let alone a game.  

• More Ugh 3

Just now, Maxman said:

I am all for conversations on any topic that is allowed here. But c'mon. 

Q hasn't made one play all year. I legit almost locked this thread because of your post.

Criticize anyone, say they aren't worth what they are getting paid. Fine. But let's post things that are from earth at least.

We can't lie now?  You'd be locking a ton of threads 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I am all for conversations on any topic that is allowed here. But c'mon. 

Q hasn't made one play all year. I legit almost locked this thread because of your post.

Criticize anyone, say they aren't worth what they are getting paid. Fine. But let's post things that are from earth at least.

He had a pick fall into his hands.  Outside of that, what game changing plays has he had?  This guy is making 96 million dollars.  He should have 4 of these a game.  We should have at least 28 of these plays to talk about.  I cant think of 1.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Ugh 1

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I spend a lot of time reading other teams boards. This is nothing unique, it is everywhere today. Every single team.

The thing is one post online gets amplified today. Some of it is trolling and people take it serious. Some of it is serious, that people wish was trolling. But every team has this.

What every team doesn't have is the passion of Jets fans. A ton do, but I saw it at the Giants game today. Much quieter. People don't stand. Jets fans are super passionate.

Hard to believe there are other fans who take the time to rip their best players in the midst of a season-altering winning streak.

But then again I suppose there are also people who believe the earth is flat and birds are fake, so....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Hard to believe there are other fans who take the time to rip their best players in the midst of a season-altering winning streak.

But then again I suppose there are also people who believe the earth is flat and birds are fake, so....

I wouldn't say the Eagles are fake, but the Jets did expose them a bit last week.

• Upvote 1