Hackett Discussion

1 minute ago, Jet2020 said:

This is commons sense. We see 2:1 split in favor of passing when it’s still a one possession game. Does he not know who our QB is and who protects him? 

Seriously. Shorten the game and see how many times the opposing offense can drive the length of the field on your defense. Turnovers are brutal for this team. 

You seen what the raiders did after the canned their off coord who couldn't understand how to use Jacobs and Adams.

Well if Hackett gets canned who under him know how to draw a play up and target Garret Wilson for some easy passes.

No more counting on a miracle plays. How bout some easy set ups.

Hackett should lose his job. We are have less touch downs that games and the eagles gave us one. Hell the chargers tried to give us one today.

Hacket has called 3 decent quarters of football in KC. That is it.

Obviously all this being said Zach should be replaced too.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, JETS SB said:

Where do we come up with this crap? You do realize that Aaron Rodgers is our QB next season and he is here because of Hackett and we cannot fire the guy? 

Another thread, another moron.

You do realize we want to win games now. And Arron can't have his big come back if we don't make the playoffs. Mind your tongue before you open your mouth and make yourself known as stupid and an ass

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Step 1 is bench Wilson.  We all agree there.  Hackett is a huge issue as well though.  Saleh shouldn’t give a flying **** whether Rodgers returns or not, because the way things are going he won’t be back. 

Can Saleh make the moves?  Or does he just sit there and wait to get fired?

Its like an epidemic of moron-ism. 

• Upvote 1

Please share with me what exactly the OC is supposed to do when his players play like sh*t, including the QB, OL, and nearly all the pass catchers? 8 sacks, 3 fumbles, dropped passes everywhere. 

The blame starts with the players, QB and OL mostly. 

I cannot think of a play call tonight that I would have called differently. Players have to perform. Hackett has to take some of the blame, but firing him is not the answer. We lost our QB, who was an MVP twice with Hackett. 

Put the blame where it belongs, on the players. I cannot even blame Saleh. His defense is playing lights out. Every week. The offense is terrible and thats on the players not making the plays. Starting with the QB. 

• Upvote 2

He’s not THE problem but he’s part of the problem. This isn’t a one fix job.

Lazard, Uzomah, Cobb, Cook all need to bounce. The o-line is a disaster but is to be expected with all the injuries. Zach just isn’t it.

Even a healthy Rodgers would be struggling now, we’d be better off for sure as he’d mask some of the issues but this offense needs a massive overhaul this offseason. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Gio-Jets said:

He’s not THE problem but he’s part of the problem. This isn’t a one fix job.

Lazard, Uzomah, Cobb, Cook all need to bounce. The o-line is a disaster but is to be expected with all the injuries. Zach just isn’t it.

Even a healthy Rodgers would be struggling now, we’d be better off for sure as he’d mask some of the issues but this offense needs a massive overhaul this offseason. 

Totally agree with this. Yes, he definitely takes blame for some of it. But, either the QB is holding the ball too long or the offensive line is not blocking anyone or the receivers are dropping the ball. He came here and got Aaron Rodgers here and now he has to deal with a bad offense. I don't have a problem with his play calling. I liked the up tempo offense today. It was definitely a nice change. It just didnt work. We have bad offensive players, other than Breece Hall and Garrett Wilson. Period. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

Install a run first conservative offense that will play to this defense? 

Id rather see a draw on 3rd and long than some of these throws that are leading to sacks. 

Also, I had a courtesy secret service detail assigned to you because the threads you were starting were decent.

So you were on a secret, no touch, list.

It is with much sadness that I must report that secret service detail is being reassigned as a direct result of this thread.

Just wanted to be upfront.

56 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Who cares how rodgers feels he’s part of the reason why we are in this mess in the first place. I would fire Hackett to get him to leave and just draft a dude and move on.

Agree.  We need to draft a qb next May in the first round.  I don’t know if I trust Hackett to develop a qb but he did well with bortles years ago

Appeasing Aaron Rodgers is not a smart management philosophy.  I would not be shocked at all if Rodgers forced us to trade him this offseason or just retired 

• Post of the Week 1

The problem?   Other than Garret Wilson and Breece Hall the jets have 20 problem on offense and hackett is 100% for sure one of them.

He was utterly atrocious last year in Denver, not one team in the league would have looked at him as an oc this year, cept the jets because starry eyed douglas and saleh sold the ranch to get rodgers.

We as a team got much worse with all the moves to make rogers happy and then he gets hurt after 4 snaps.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The problem?   Other than Garret Wilson and Breece Hall the jets have 20 problem on offense and hackett is 100% for sure one of them.

He was utterly atrocious last year in Denver, not one team in the league would have looked at him as an oc this year, cept the jets because starry eyed douglas and saleh sold the ranch to get rodgers.

We as a team got much worse with all the moves to make rogers happy and then he gets hurt after 4 snaps.

Lafleur was a better OC.  Zach screwed him.  However, Zach is killing another unlucky offensive coordinator.  I never liked the Hackett hire he was horrible in Denver and got Aaron Rodgers coffee but it’s not his fault we probably don’t win another game this season

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rich Thornburgh said:

Rodgers is going to demand a trade or retire. 

Why exactly does he demand a trade? Because of Zach Wilson? The Jets have an elite defense. We have two excellent skill players on offense. Yes, we need to fix the offensive line, but where is he going to be "demanded" to be traded to, that has a better situation than right here, with his buddy as OC?

Over-reactions everywhere. 

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

You do realize we want to win games now. And Arron can't have his big come back if we don't make the playoffs. Mind your tongue before you open your mouth and make yourself known as stupid and an ass

Dumb post. Carry on.

• More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Why exactly does he demand a trade? Because of Zach Wilson? The Jets have an elite defense. We have two excellent skill players on offense. Yes, we need to fix the offensive line, but where is he going to be "demanded" to be traded to, that has a better situation than right here, with his buddy as OC?

Over-reactions everywhere. 

He’s going to 49ers. They will lose in the NFCG because of Purdy or Sam

its not an overreaction.  Rodgers is a self-centered d-bag who wants to crown his career with one last Super Bowl.  He is not winning here with Robert Saleh and this offensive line

Which is exactly why we need to draft a QB in round 1.

2 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

4/4 coming out the half offense flowing quick huddles and Hackett calls a jumbo set run that stalls the entire drive

just CLUELESS

He always has his patented “handoff to Cook up the middle for 1.7 yards” when the offense is moving the ball well, which of course is rare.

Hackett could very well be the Worst OC the Jets have EVER had, and that’s a very hard thing to do.

Where is John Morton?  Why was he canned again?  He’s the last OC I can remember who could actually make a roster with mostly garbage look way better than they were. Hackett is the opposite. Without Aaron Rodgers as his QB Hackett is not an NFL coach.  More Nepotism.

The best is when he brings Michael “Hands of Stone” Carter into the game.  It’s 100% that they pass.  If Hackett played poker he and his family would live under a bridge.  Just not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

• Thumb Down 1