Hackett Discussion

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

But you know what?  As I've said before both Saleh and Douglas are going to get a 100% free pass becasue 'it wasn't their fault Aaron got hurt'

honestly we have no choice.

you fire Saleh then Hackett will be HC. or some nobody who is a Rodgers buddy who will accept Hackett as OC.

i rather have Saleh then that. give them the free pass.

2 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

I don't understand what's so difficult in knowing that two things can be true at the same time.....

Hackett and Zach both suck.....

You want to have a pissing contest to see who's more trash at their job? Be my guest......they're both bad at their jobs......

But at the end of the day this is Hackett's 1st year here gameplanning for a QB not named Rodgers.....

In fact JD and Saleh are lucky they have the Rodgers card they can play or their undying loyalty to their bust of a #2 pick would get them both canned

if Rodgers wasnt here we would be better off.

no Hackett, Cobb, Lazzard, Turner and Boyle.

Carr or Minschew at QB. maybe even Brissett. here comes the Carr haters to tell me he is garbage lol

we draft that Tackle that NE screwed us out of. 

the guys on "get up" were saying that Rodgers would have a problem with this line cause they would run spread sets with 4 or 5 WRs to get more guys outside the box. Rodgers is such a threat to beat you with his arm he would see less blitzs. im guessing Carr would have more respect than Zach to do the same... hell almost every QB would get that respect.

so without Rodgers they would have been fine. this team would be better than now.

• Upvote 1

Hackett does get some of the blame. But the hand he was dealt, bad QB and bad OL, I don’t feel he is the problem. I rewatched the game yesterday and didn’t have a problem with his play calling. The players on offense just sucked. 

Inserting Billy Turner was definitely a bad decision. He was beat at least 15 times, if not more. I liked the plays. When you are sacked 8 times, fumble the ball 3 times, countless drops by the WRs and mindless pre snap penalties, at some point, you have to put that on the players. Just my opinion. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I'm not defending Hackett.  However we've seen last year that when you change the QB away from Zach Wilson that all of a sudden the line can block better and the play calling is effective.  

The common denominator is the QB.  Change the QB and then we can evaluate Hackett better.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

Most of Jets Nation & the league were horrified the Jets hired Gase. A man who’s Miami offense continually worsened under his watch.

Yet Christopher Johnson did his Leon Hess impersonation hiring Gase a la Kotite - this time it was Gase coaches “to where football is going.” The memory makes one shudder lol.

Similar story with the Hackett hire (if not nearly as big news): why on earth would Saleh & the Jets hire Hackett after his Denver s—t show? Rodgers was far from a sure thing at that point.

As we see IMO Hackett is Gase 2.0. Sure Zach and the WR corps are awful. But Hackett is as bad. He’s not a capable modern OC. His modest OC success was years ago in Jacksonville in a fluky Bortles season. More recently he handled red zone in Green Bay with LaFleur as the actual OC. And in Denver he was atrocious.

He’s Gase 2.0.

Did LaFleur stop calling the good plays once Hackett left?  Because not sure if you've noticed but the Packers offense sucks almost as bad as the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

honestly we have no choice.

you fire Saleh then Hackett will be HC. or some nobody who is a Rodgers buddy who will accept Hackett as OC.

i rather have Saleh then that. give them the free pass.

That combo is not winning.   And the team is not winning overall becasue of decisions they have made.

I am highly frustrated with both of them becasue both have aspects that are very very good and worthy of being long long term guys running the team.   They also have ridiculous blind spots that just kill the team.   In the end they are not winning enogh and not making he playoffs which is the object of the game.

• Upvote 1

Hackett is a huge problem. He’s not an employable level coach, even as a coordinator.

His game plan last night was to drop back Zach Wilson to pass 58 times. We are at or near the top in the NFL in pass/run ratio. Right there with Kansas City, which happens to have Patrick Mahomes at QB.

Unbelievable. This is what happens when you allow your QB to choose the coordinator. 

I never wanted Rodgers 40 year old QBs come with a high probability

of getting hurt. If he makes it onto the field chances of another injury

are likely. Along with Woody, Douglas, and Saleh dream came Hackett,

Lazard, Boyle, Turner, Cobb and Cook. With Hackett being the worst.

I wanted an OC from the Philly tree, hoping he could develop another Hurts.

DRD would fill the role of Jalen

18 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

If you are watching this and blaming Hackett you aren't watching.

well the counter is that Hackett's playcalling is atrocious. You can not expect player to be perfect every snap. In fact it is entrirely reasonably with all the mentioned above plus more, that your offense shoudl be able to score a damn touch down.

Hackett is absolutely the problem. Zach sucks, but any other team int he league would be able to win with him, with a simple gamplan.

• Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Loyalty to veterans is a fault, but the tons of unforced penalties generally come from starting the new guys.  There is a reason we like to work younger guys in slowly and that is it.  This team had a huge turnover in personnel.  It was primarily due to injuries, but the results are the same and the results are predictably sloppy.

One thing that I found curious was starting Turner at RT.  I get that Turner has primarily been at RT in his career, but almost nobody ever intended for him to start at RT and hoped to kick him inside.  Last week they started Mitchell at RT next to Schweitzer.  Then they moved Schweitzer to C when McGovern went down and brought in Newman at G.  When Schweitzer got hurt, they kicked Newman to C and brought in Turner to play RG next to Mitchell.  It seems odd that hierarchy changed so much in a week.  Were any of those guys dinged?  Otherwise, I am not sure what we are seeing.  Maybe there were issues in practice?  

Lazard is a penalty machine. He's not some rookie.

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Zach Wilsons poor performance does not excuse everyone else.

Hackett is the worst oc in the league

Lazard has dropped from being a jag to now being a less than jag

Turner can;t play a lick

Cook is cooked

Cobb was a laughable player to get, might be worst reciever in the league.

Douglas and Saleh had no legit plan B

All these things are true and to give all the other parts of a team a pass due to Zac being lousy is not good.

But you know what?  As I've said before both Saleh and Douglas are going to get a 100% free pass becasue 'it wasn't their fault Aaron got hurt'

How many offensive coordinators is Zach going to get fired?

• Upvote 1

On 11/7/2023 at 6:52 AM, bealeb319 said:

Hackett won't get canned as long as Rodgers is on the roster. To me Hackett is our weakest point, his game plans are awful basically trying to copy the successful teams in the league and win with yac on short dink and dunk plays except none of our players are good for that. Our tight ends are fat and slow and our wr are all trash outside of gw who isn't a yac guy anyway.

Zach is our weakest point. It's funny how Zach has been equally awful under LaFleur and Hackett. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/7/2023 at 10:15 AM, Jigsaw89 said:

People seem to forget Sieman was a Jet, and he was more of a corpse than Flacco.  

There is 1 chance of this team keeping it close until Rodgers return and his name is Zach Wilson.  Hackett needs to get his head out of his ass and stop protecting Zach.  Let him play, if he throws 3 int's we were probably losing anyway. 

It's on JD and Saleh and Woody for going into the season with ZW as QB2.  We should have spent the Dalvin Cooked $$ on Mike White.  Rodgers 1, White 2, Wilson 3. But he's a distraction because the team made shirts.

They did let him play.  He didn't throw any picks because the Chargers DBs suck, he plays a bit like a puss and he kept letting people strip the ball from his hand.  I get spitting it up when you are blindsided, but he his arm hit like three times by guys that were being blocked.  Is he trying to ignore the rush like Mike White or is he just that clueless? 

I love people claiming Hackett "loves" Lazard.  As if Hackett is the one throwing him the ball.  There are progressions.  Some of it will be scheme, but Zach still has to throw the ******* ball.  I mean, I am so happy that he threw for 260, even if 60 came throwing dumps to Carter and Conklin down 21 with 2 minutes to play.  Heroic!

I typed this on my phone yesterday.  I am not even reading it.  just posting. I must have meant it at the time.

The thing with Payton's criticism of Hackett was that it did not relate to x's and o's.  It had to do with being a coddling player coach that let Russell Wilson get away with whatever he wanted.  I would think that all the people blaming MLF because of his communication skills might think Zach would be good with some coddling.  But hey, let's fire him too.

Because we all know ZW isn’t going anywhere this year. Let’s figure out how to polish this turd.

I found this stat interesting, once they came out in a tempo/no huddle last game.

For the love of God, keep ZW out of shotgun unless it’s no huddle! They can’t run in it, no push. They are better at outside zones and toss. He gets overwhelmed looking at the entire defense, plain and simple. 

Keep him under center, get two RBs (21 personnel) in there and keep the play action alive. 

IMG_9661.jpeg