Unacceptable 

4 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

The WR do ZW no favors, but the offense is so bad, 1 drop, miscue, negative play, 5 yard penalty…it’s a wrap. Offense can barely get a first down without any of that, something like that happens. Might as well send punt team out next play 

The OL constantly collapsing, atrocious. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I don't want to get into a whole Zach analysis.  My question is for the WR coaches.  Don't we have a couple?  @Chrebetfan80 ?  Plenty of WR analysts, right?  @Paradis @win4ever @derp @maury77 Any more?  Sorry that I missed you. 

I don't know how deep we should go analyzing this sh*tshow of a play, but looking at that first pic, Lazard looks to be set up perfectly.  If that ball were coming straight at him.  The ball is coming well past his left shoulder, but the angle means that he is not facing where the QB is, so it could not possibly have been delivered straight at him.  

I argue drops all the time because I think that the board has ridiculous expectations for receivers, but this one was pretty blatant.  Watching live, I couldn't figure out how Lazard got his hands so ****ed up, but looking at the set up, it seems he either blew it from the start, the ball wasn't where he thought it should be and/or he was not where he should have been.  A step or two to the left and a quarter turn to his right and he can't **** that up.  Lazard made so many mistakes in that mess that it sure could just have been him.

• WTF? 1

48 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I argue drops all the time because I think that the board has ridiculous expectations for receivers, but this one was pretty blatant.  

Answer:  WRs are so surprised when Zach is actually ON target that they drop it.  

You had Garrett Wilson straight up telling the world that Joe Flacco throws a more "catchable ball" than Zach Wilson last year and yet some here still refuse to listen.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

People keep pointing to drops. They happen. Devanta Smith dropped a pass in the 4th qrt against us that probably would have been a touchdown. I know Lazard has been unreliable. I really can't  understand it because he was much better in GB. The thing is, Zach makes these drops into crimes because he is so unsucceful at running the O that when the opportunity  arises for a positive play and it doesn’t  work, it sets the O back. We cannot overcome drops 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think Rodgers just makes a lot of players better. Lazard is not dropping balls on Rodgers, or Rodgers would rip him a new one.  

Yep.  Over 56 games from 2019-2022, Lazard had 14 drops, or 1 every 4 games.  5.4 % drop rate on a per target basis.

With Zach, he already has 4 drops in 8 games, and an 11.4 % drop rate.

Funny how that works.

Bonus stat:  From 2019-2021 (non-thumb injury years), Rodgers' QB rating when targeting Lazard was 115.6, 124.5 and 132.8.

Zach's QB rating when targeting Lazard:  89.3.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Over 56 games from 2019-2022, Lazard had 14 drops, or 1 every 4 games.  5.4 % drop rate on a per target basis.

With Zach, he already has 4 drops in 8 games.  11.4 % drop rate.

Funny how that works.

are you suggesting that Lazard is dropping balls on purpose to get Zach benched?  that's a wild suggestion.

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Every team, every WR, every player who has the ball thrown to him at some point in the game, drops the ball.  It's science.

However, only Zach Wilson is incapable of overcoming said drop.  For him, it's crippling to the point of worst QB in the NFL.  Pat Mahomes has the most drops in the NFL and is the best QB I've ever seen.  Weird how he doesnt just crumble into a ball of mush and use 1 drop to excuse away horrible play.

And I noticed this thread didnt show Zach Wilson air mailing multiple receivers and almost killed Lazard on the first drive but dont let facts get in the way of narrative. 

Can I cut and paste this for a Patriots board and replace Zach with Mac?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You guys will never believe which receiver has the fourth most drops in the league.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s Jaxon Smith Njigba.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

* t-3rd most

Also 2nd highest drop % among WR's.  1) Rashee Rice - 12.2 %; 2) Jaxon Smith-Njigba - 11.6 %

BREAKOUT.  @AFJF

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

are you suggesting that Lazard is dropping balls on purpose to get Zach benched?  that's a wild suggestion.

lol yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying here dude.

No, ya silly Bat.  I'm saying drops tend to increase with bad QBs, because of how many uncatchable/difficult passes they throw.  And furthermore, only bad QBs are hurt by drops so much.  As has been noted in this thread already, Mahomes' receiving corps has the # 1 drop rate in the league so far.  Hasn't sunk his season just yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Answer:  WRs are so surprised when Zach is actually ON target that they drop it.  

You had Garrett Wilson straight up telling the world that Joe Flacco throws a more "catchable ball" than Zach Wilson last year and yet some here still refuse to listen.

I don't think it is ON target.  I think one of the main issues is they are not on time and slightly off target.  That ball was imminently catchable, but it is much easier to catch a ball when it is where you expect, when you expect it.  Even to take a step when you just settled in can put things off.  I'm not saying that is the case here, but it sure was on a few to Cobb.  Have to expect the timing would be better with Rodgers and I think most of the pro-Zach talk centers around good enough.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Imagine how much the JSN cult would be complaining about those drops here, and how Douglas should have taken an OL with that pick instead?  Or a different WR (like one you pounded the table for - Zay Flowers or Addison?)

The first round pick swap with GB was a very sneaky addition to JD's Lamest Hits

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

The first round pick swap with GB was a very sneaky addition to JD's Lamest Hits

I've been one of JD's most ardent defenders but its getting almost impossible to do so any longer.  Only remaining reason I wouldn't want to fire him, beyond building a strong core at non-QB and non-OL positions, is that Woody will assuredly hire the next Maccagnan to replace him. 

But I won't argue against those that want him gone.  It's deserved.