I’d rather be the Texans right now

Robert

10 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:
Drafting Zach was, is, and will be a disaster for this organization.  Hell, T Law hasn't exactly looked very "generational", anyway.

The correct path was riding with Darnold another year once they lost #1, taking that haul, and rebuilding the O Line after Brick and Mangold. 

But they talked themselves into selecting JaMarcus Wilson. The Mormon Josh Rosen. A guy that should be playing QBs in Disney movies, not playing in the NFL.

But everything went to sh*t when the idiot owner hired Adam Gase over McCarthy. 
Whatever. 

In hindsight .. had the development effort gone into Darnold ... It would have been interesting... I was calling for a trade down and keeping Darnold and a boat load of draft capital.... Got laughed at. Once Zach was drafted knew he was a project with an incredible arm ... So was ok with it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2023 at 4:13 PM, Robert said:

Yeah it’s a crappy city, awful heat humidity and the population is transitory.

But man they got their head on straight quick regarding their NFL team.

love Stroud

love Ryans

hate Zach

hate Bob

Only the Jets could suck this long.

Well then jump on their bandwagon 

If the Jets lost and got Lawrence, things would be amazing right now.  Would have had another 2nd round pick to add an OL last draft.
But likely our draft last year would have been different by virtue of having Lawrence, no?

Can't do the "what if" in isolation.

After today are we sure about Lawrence yet. He has not been that great this year. Looked terrible today against a team he would have to beat to win the bowl.  The 21 QB draft is starting to remind me of the 1999 QB draft with Couch.
Even less sure today ... playoffs on the line and he throws two picks on back to back drives? Eeesh.

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Even less sure today ... playoffs on the line and he throws two picks on back to back drives? Eeesh.

I expected more from Lawrence. Maybe he is being mismanaged? Does he have to tools to succeed - coaching, receivers, OL? Regardless, I watched the last game, he looked bad at times. Almost like he has some PTSD from prior INTs.

I expected more from Lawrence. Maybe he is being mismanaged? Does he have to tools to succeed - coaching, receivers, OL? Regardless, I watched the last game, he looked bad at times. Almost like he has some PTSD from prior INTs.
Jax certainly spent a lot to get "weaponz". Lawrence wasn't sacked on Sunday so I'm guessing protection was at least OK.

Is it scheme, coaching, players just not executing when it counts? Tougher schedule? Injuries? I've not looked at it enough to notice. But finishing with two wins more than the Jets and our plethora of suck at QB is underwhelming to say the least. 1-5 down the stretch - with their solitary win being against Carolina - is positively Jetsy.

• Upvote 1

Literally every team in the NFL has a better situation going into this offseason than the Jets. That's how bad Woody and his team of people are. No young QB on the roster, not going to even try to get one, and the worst offensive coaching staff maybe ever. Embrace the suck.

• Upvote 1

Literally every team in the NFL has a better situation going into this offseason than the Jets. That's how bad Woody and his team of people are. No young QB on the roster, not going to even try to get one, and the worst offensive coaching staff maybe ever. Embrace the suck.
Carolina?

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Carolina? emoji6.png

Odds are they're going to hire Ben Johnson as their next head coach.

We're running it back with the worst offensive coaching staff of all time, no offensive line, and a 40 year old QB. And Woody is still head man.

Yeah. Panthers are in better shape.

• Haha 2

Odds are they're going to hire Ben Johnson as their next head coach.
We're running it back with the worst offensive coaching staff of all time, no offensive line, and a 40 year old QB. And Woody is still head man.
Yeah. Panthers are in better shape.
Tepper fired the previous GM / HC because they couldn't make his hand picked QB work.

Will he stop interfering with the next GM / HC, or are they stuck in a wash / rinse / repeat cycle like we are? And they get to watch the #1 overall pick go somewhere else this year.

The offensive coaching staff here do concern me, but there is FA and the draft to address the offensive line and other holes. Season is nine months away.

2 hours ago, Hex said:

Tepper might be the only owner worse than Woody, which is saying something. Didn't he try to call plays at one point?

That wouldn't surprise me. I rank Tepper as a better owner because he has actually accomplished something professionally. He will figure out that the best strategy is to hire the best football executive possible and let them build the staff and team. 

On 11/12/2023 at 10:13 PM, Robert said:

Yeah it’s a crappy city, awful heat humidity and the population is transitory.

But man they got their head on straight quick regarding their NFL team.

love Stroud

love Ryans

hate Zach

hate Bob

Only the Jets could suck this long.

Houston is awesome.  It’s cheap, great weather, great food and tons of cool things to do

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

That wouldn't surprise me. I rank Tepper as a better owner because he has actually accomplished something professionally. He will figure out that the best strategy is to hire the best football executive possible and let them build the staff and team. 

Tepper might be a good businessman and a bad owner.  Woody has never accomplished anything in life other than being a member of the lucky sperm club and is also a lousy owner 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Tepper might be a good businessman and a bad owner.  Woody has never accomplished anything in life other than being a member of the lucky sperm club and is also a lousy owner 

Tepper could be both, yes. My bet is he figures it out (as opposed to Woody, who couldnt figure out how to walk through a doorway). We will see.

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

45 minutes north of downtown is nice.

A lot of places 45 minutes from Downtown are nice. Does anyone outside Florida know how ******* AWFUL Orlando itself is? Absolutely terrible place when you leave the Theme Park areas. Murder, drugs, all of the fun non-Disney stuff. 

Hell, the local nickname for West Palm Beach is "West 'Nam" 😆 

• Upvote 2

On 1/9/2024 at 3:07 AM, Jet_Engine1 said:

A lot of places 45 minutes from Downtown are nice. Does anyone outside Florida know how ******* AWFUL Orlando itself is? Absolutely terrible place when you leave the Theme Park areas. Murder, drugs, all of the fun non-Disney stuff. 

Hell, the local nickname for West Palm Beach is "West 'Nam" 😆 

Nobody goes to Orlando downtown they stay at the hotels by I-Drive or at Kissimmee 

• Upvote 2

I thought we had it figured out and they had the worst front office mess in the game and then somehow everything worked out perfectly.  Even the Jet castoffs who were always hurt are now studs.  I wish I was a fan of a different team, at least they get some good periods.