Tankathon (2023-24 Season Edition)

5 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Would be better if some QBs fall. Would be nice to have some legit trade down options. Not having a second rounder hurts.

5 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Would be better if some QBs fall. Would be nice to have some legit trade down options. Not having a second rounder hurts.

That’s certainly a possibility I think 

3 hours ago, jamesr said:

We played NINE games this year against teams that made the playoffs and went 3-6 in those. Wins - Buf, Hou, Phi. Losses - Buf, Mia x 2, Cle, KC, Dal

4-4 vs. non-playoff teams. Wins - Den, Wash, NYG, NE. Losses - LV, LAC, Atl, NE

Not sure I understand the point. We won 7 games with the worst QB play in the league by far. With average QB play we win at least 3 more games IMO. Don't think there can be any debate about the NE and LAC games

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, billo83 said:

Not sure I understand the point. We won 7 games with the worst QB play in the league by far. With average QB play we win at least 3 more games IMO. Don't think there can be any debate about the NE and LAC games

Pretty impressive huh? That coaching staff must be something else. ;-)  

In years gone by I've seen so many posts complaining that we never beat a winning team. Well we beat three this year with, as you say, an awful situation at QB. And playing nine games against playoff teams shows our 7 wins weren't achieved against bottom-feeders entirely.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, RobR said:

What are we trading? We have no 2nd rounder. 

Some of the rumors were swirling that they were looking for a 4th and 6th round pick. Another altenative would be swapping Huff for Bolles and a day 3 pick. 

14 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Some of the rumors were swirling that they were looking for a 4th and 6th round pick. Another altenative would be swapping Huff for Bolles and a day 3 pick. 

It's damning that they are willing to get rid of their LT at that age if he's good. I also can't see Huff being traded as a pending UFA.

5 minutes ago, RobR said:

It's damning that they are willing to get rid of their LT at that age if he's good. I also can't see Huff being traded as a pending UFA.

Again, I can't comment on his tape because I have not watched him, but his PFF numbers are still above average. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Pretty impressive huh? That coaching staff must be something else. ;-)  

In years gone by I've seen so many posts complaining that we never beat a winning team. Well we beat three this year with, as you say, an awful situation at QB. And playing nine games against playoff teams shows our 7 wins weren't achieved against bottom-feeders entirely.

Ok, gotcha. Agreed 

4 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

There is no way JD is going to be able to fix the joke of a OL he has built. 2nd year in a row his OL has finished last in the NFL ( or 2nd to last ). Going to need another WR or Garrett is going to be doubled all season. Without a 2nd rounder. Not a ton of cap. The only way to make the OL semi respectable, get another WR weapon, going to have to trade some prime meat on defense. Will be a tough sell for Saleh, and we all know how big of a pushover JD is. 

OL needs to be fixed. Yes. AVT will be back. AVT was sorely missed. He's that important. Tippman played well for a rook and he'll be better next year. They will get a RT in the draft, probably Fuaga who was stellar.  JD has to find another LT in FA. There are some good options.  Will Laken be back? Thats a huge spot to fill and he was terrible this year but not sure whats the cost of releasing him. Or they hold on to him as insurance but they still need to find a LT and a guard somehow. D Adams  will be a Jet. Raiders dont need him w/o a QB to throw to him and he's very expensive. They'd be happy to move on.  And we could get him cheap asset wise.  They will have to tinkle with the defense since they need to put money into  the offense but it should still be strong.  Huff, JFM and Mosley may be gone and need to be replaced. McDuck has to step up bigtime and they will need a MLB.   Its not as bleak as you all are making it.  

• Upvote 1

One of our biggest problems is we have no depth on offense.  We're just a couple injuries away from being out of it again by Thanksgiving next year.

That's on JD. 

Macc spent too much draft capital on non-value positions.  JD spends too much draft capital on D.   Neither hit often enough after the first round.