With Wilson Benched, Joe Douglas Needs Some Personal Wins

JetNation

1 minute ago, Claymation said:

As Ricky Bobby said, "if you ain't first, you're last"

Crock of sh*t. So being incompetent with a record of say 6-11 is the same as actually trying, being competitive, and making the playoffs. So I guess you are OK with this mess as opposed to say the Eagles who made it to the SB last year but didn't win the trophy. Same thing I guess, lol. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Crock of sh*t. So being incompetent with a record of say 6-11 is the same as actually trying, being competitive, and making the playoffs. So I guess you are OK with this mess as opposed to say the Eagles who made it to the SB last year but didn't win the trophy. Same thing I guess, lol. 

I really don't care either way. The team has no run game. An OL that has one player that played every snap in the same position. They have had 3 LTs, 3 centers, 5 RGs and 4 RTs. Their Wide Outs outside of GW are crap. And you think getting an ok QB is going to change all that? Seriously? This team with this OL, rushing attack and WOs are doing anything. Zach has been bad. But this is a historically bad offense.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

This season ended at the Saleh press conference after the 1st game when he announced that Rodgers tore his Achilles.

The idea that the Jets can’t be one of 7 teams to make the playoffs without Rodgers is an indictment on the organization and overall roster if true. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I really don't care either way. The team has no run game. An OL that has one player that played every snap in the same position. They have had 3 LTs, 3 centers, 5 RGs and 4 RTs. Their Wide Outs outside of GW are crap. And you think getting an ok QB is going to change all that? Seriously? This team with this OL, rushing attack and WOs are doing anything. Zach has been bad. But this is a historically bad offense.

Yes, if you have a good qb he makes jag wrs look productive.  That’s why a guy like Lazard can look good with a guy like rodgers.  Devito looks competent with an offense that has only barkley

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

The idea that the Jets can’t be one of 7 teams to make the playoffs without Rodgers is an indictment on the organization and overall roster if true. 

Rodgers gave this team a chance to make it to the Super Bowl. Once he went down, they had a chance to make the playoffs.

They have had 3 different LTs, 3 Centers, 5 RGs and 4 RTs this year. Explain to me which team can overcome that?

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Claymation said:

The QB is the most important position in all of sports and a competent NFL QB changes a lot of things. The entire offense would benefit from a QB that actually knows what he is doing. Opposing defenses maybe wouldn't stack 8-9 guys in the box daring the QB to throw the ball which would make the running game more viable. The Oline would also look better when the QB can actually read defenses and get rid of the ball quickly. It's all about the QB in this league and we had the worst. There are a lot of things wrong with this offense but the undeniably number 1 reason for their embarrassing performances on a weekly basis is the QB. I bet you even a scrub like Boyle will make a difference. 

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Yes, if you have a good qb he makes jag wrs look productive.  That’s why a guy like Lazard can look good with a guy like rodgers.  Devito looks competent with an offense that has only barkley

Lazard is having a bad case of the drops this year. Untimely penalties. That's on him and not the QB.

7 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

The QB is the most important position in all of sports and a competent NFL QB changes a lot of things. The entire offense would benefit from a QB that actually knows what he is doing. Opposing defenses maybe wouldn't stack 8-9 guys in the box daring the QB to throw the ball which would make the running game more viable. The Oline would also look better when the QB can actually read defenses and get rid of the ball quickly. It's all about the QB in this league and we had the worst. There are a lot of things wrong with this offense but the undeniably number 1 reason for their embarrassing performances on a weekly basis is the QB. I bet you even a scrub like Boyle will make a difference. 

I had no idea, thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind.

The Bills played 3 CBs 83% of the time, So I am not sure they were stacking the box as you say they were. 

43 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I had no idea, thanks for the heads up. I'll keep that in mind.

The Bills played 3 CBs 83% of the time, So I am not sure they were stacking the box as you say they were. 

Happy to help. Every week defenses lick their chops knowing this offense is so easy to defend and the QB can't and won't beat them. It's fairly obvious the offense's failures stem from the QB above all else. Get a competent QB and the entire offense looks different. 

4 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Happy to help. Every week defenses lick their chops knowing this offense is so easy to defend and the QB can't and won't beat them. It's fairly obvious the offense's failures stem from the QB above all else. Get a competent QB and the entire offense looks different. 

Just like it did when they put white in last year

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Teams aren't loading the box, again 83% of the time the Bills played Nickel

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

Rodgers gave this team a chance to make it to the Super Bowl. Once he went down, they had a chance to make the playoffs.

They have had 3 different LTs, 3 Centers, 5 RGs and 4 RTs this year. Explain to me which team can overcome that?

Look around the league and take a gander at injury reports. No team is fully healthy and many QBs have gone down 

8 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Teams aren't loading the box, again 83% of the time the Bills played Nickel

Do you not watch Jet games and I'm talking about all of them and not just the Bills game. There is no ability for this offense to throw the ball downfield because of the QB and defenses know this. The running game would be far better if we had a QB that defenses respected. 

55 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Just like it did when they put white in last year

Is this supposed to be sarcasm?  It shouldn't be.  When Mike White took over the Jets had 466 total yards against the Bears and 486 against the Vikings.  They had averaged 286 under Zach up to that point.  They followed that up with 309 on the road against the Bills when White was sawed in half.  Zach had 310 at home against the Bills in what was widely considered his best game prior to the amazing loss to the Chiefs this season.  Despite Zach starting 9 of the 17 games in 2022 the three games where the Jets had over 400 total yards were the two by White and the Browns game by Flacco.  The top 3 and 4 of the top 5 yardage games were by QBs other than Zach.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Look around the league and take a gander at injury reports. No team is fully healthy and many QBs have gone down 

While true, no team has been as decimated as the Jets and their offensive line. They Jets have used 14 different OL, NE is 2nd with 12, and then the Giants. The league average is 9 OL. 

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

KC defense was wasted last night

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Is this supposed to be sarcasm?  It shouldn't be.  When Mike White took over the Jets had 466 total yards against the Bears and 486 against the Vikings.  They had averaged 286 under Zach up to that point.  They followed that up with 309 on the road against the Bills when White was sawed in half.  Zach had 310 at home against the Bills in what was widely considered his best game prior to the amazing loss to the Chiefs this season.  Despite Zach starting 9 of the 17 games in 2022 the three games where the Jets had over 400 total yards were the two by White and the Browns game by Flacco.  The top 3 and 4 of the top 5 yardage games were by QBs other than Zach.  

Not sarcasm.  

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Imagine any other scenario where a player has delivered two of the best performances in team history and is dropped for $4 million in favor  of another player making $9 million that has never even delivered a good game.  Without question Mike White should have been signed as QB2 and if they then wanted to try and salvage Zach Bust Wilson (because they are paying him anyway) than it should have been strictly as a developmental QB3 project.  This was so basic a premise it simply defies logic that professionals with their jobs on the line chose this path and it is a total mystery how they allowed it to continue in the face of the cold, hard truth that he sucked.  

15 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Do you not watch Jet games and I'm talking about all of them and not just the Bills game. There is no ability for this offense to throw the ball downfield because of the QB and defenses know this. The running game would be far better if we had a QB that defenses respected. 

Do you, because it is becoming painfully obvious that you don't. Teams don't have to load the box because the Jets OL can't block anybody. So teams can go 4 DL and 2 LB because the Jets have practice squad players playing significant minutes. 

35 minutes ago, Claymation said:

While true, no team has been as decimated as the Jets and their offensive line. They Jets have used 14 different OL, NE is 2nd with 12, and then the Giants. The league average is 9 OL. 

What injuries did we have at skill positions like rb, te, wr or even at edge? 

2 hours ago, Claymation said:

I hear you, but this is at least 2 seasons for this, when the Bills have not lost any OL this season.  

At some point the health of the OL is a reflection on who the GM selects and how the FO trains the OL.  

7 hours ago, AFJF said:

When you're making a move for Aaron Rodgers, Woody is 100% getting involved.

There have also been a couple of reports that say the Jets are cash strapped, a theory that's supported by them demanding money earlier than usual from STH's.  Did they tell Joe he couldn't spend big on Aaron and then spend another $8-10 million on a QB2?

Woody, Douglas, and Saleh took a calculated risk, and I think it was a joint decision.

Zach was never supposed to play this season.  The goal was to develop him on the bench for a full year, if not more, while he sat behind Rodgers.  Zach's fully guaranteed contract with a $9.5m cap hit in 2023 wasn't exactly conducive toward bringing in another high priced backup quarterback.

Even if Rodgers was to get hurt, the hope was it would be for a relatively short period of time, and Zach could step in for a game or two and at least be competitive while in the midst of a reset.

In retrospect, it all blew up in their faces after only 4 offensive plays.  But make no mistake, it was a conscious decision and a calculated risk with money definitely being a huge factor.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Do you, because it is becoming painfully obvious that you don't. Teams don't have to load the box because the Jets OL can't block anybody. So teams can go 4 DL and 2 LB because the Jets have practice squad players playing significant minutes. 

Yeah ok. My original point was the QB makes everything better including the run game(even with a bad Oline) when the defense has something to be concerned about, when the QB can get the offense up to the LOS quickly and make the proper reads, none of which Zach Wilson can do. People who think this offense would have performed similarly with an AR or even a competent NFL QB are delusional.