Shouldn't Zach Wilson be demoted to the practice squad?

Kleckineau

31 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

When Boyle and Siemian collectively throw as many INTs in one game as ZW has thrown TDs the entire year, you'll be glad ZW is suited up to trip over himself.

I hope to never see ZW take another snap as NY Jets player or peanut vendor at MetLife 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

What don't you know... It's at home... 

What I don't know is why on earth they would even want this distraction on the sideline. Sure it costs to cut him and possibly place him on the PS.    WHY CARE?     Woody Magoo can buy one less dumb azz necklace or maybe even sell the one he has to offset some of the cost. 

7 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

What I don't know is why on earth they would even want this distraction on the sideline. Sure it costs to cut him and possibly place him on the PS.    WHY CARE?     Woody Magoo can buy one less dumb azz necklace or maybe even sell the one he has to offset some of the cost. 

What distraction? Again, who cares... Why do you care? 

Just because you hate him?... Or that you think he should be cut?... The sad part that we are all going to learn is that he is still the best healthy QB on the team.. 

Nobody is going to succeed behind the 4th string OL... ******* turnstile.. Every play the QB is running for his life... They can't run because they can't block... But somehow people here are convinced that Boyle or Siemian will be better.... Haha 😂... This is going to be a blow out game... 

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Just because you hate him?... Or that you think he should be cut?... The sad part that we are all going to learn is that he is still the best healthy QB on the team.. 

Nobody is going to succeed behind the 4th string OL... ******* turnstile.. Every play the QB is running for his life... They can't run because they can't block... But somehow people here are convinced that Boyle or Siemian will be better.... Haha 😂... This is going to be a blow out game... 

Name a few teams that have an offensive line that someone like Sack Wilson would succeed with. 

You can define success any way you want.

Go.

1 minute ago, Ron Rico said:

Name a few teams that have an offensive line that someone like Sack Wilson would succeed with. 

You can define success any way you want.

Go.

Who said Zach is good?... All I said is that he is unfortunately the best healthy qb on the team... 

I am not saying he would or wouldn't succeed anywhere... This OL though can't even get the RB 2 yards... Or even a pocket... But please tell me... How many TDs is Boyle going to score

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Who said Zach is good?... All I said is that he is unfortunately the best healthy qb on the team... 

I am not saying he would or wouldn't succeed anywhere... This OL though can't even get the RB 2 yards... Or even a pocket... But please tell me... How many TDs is Boyle going to score

No, no. I'm not playing logical fallacies with you. You are clearly a dishonest poster (there's quite a few in here) who can't answer a question. I didn't ask if you thought Sack was good. I asked you what offensive lines on other teams Sack would have been "successful" behind. You're the one who keeps blaming this sh*t show on the O-line, not Sack. 

But I'll answer your question: I have no idea what Boyle can do or how many TD's he can score. There's really no body of evidence to look at. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Ron Rico said:

But I'll answer your question: I have no idea what Boyle can do or how many TD's he can score. There's really no body of evidence to look at. 

Unfortunately, this isn't quite true. 

image.thumb.png.9d6c05f22254a20759dc885b69fe4c4f.png

He did have a good preseason, so we have to hope he has improved markedly since 2021 (his only starting experience). But he did not look great in garbage time on Sunday, and FWIW, Lions fans talk about him like he's the worst player ever. 

10 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

No, no. I'm not playing logical fallacies with you. You are clearly a dishonest poster (there's quite a few in here) who can't answer a question. I didn't ask if you thought Sack was good. I asked you what offensive lines on other teams Sack would have been "successful" behind. You're the one who keeps blaming this sh*t show on the O-line, not Sack. 

Do you need a translator... I didn't say Zach would succeed, period stop... So why do I need to answer you arbitrary question that has nothing to do with my comment. 

You sir are the dishonest one here. 

You are so caught up in spewing hatred at Zach you are failing to actually read

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

He did have a good preseason, so we have to hope he has improved markedly since 2021 (his only starting experience). But he did not look great in garbage time on Sunday, and FWIW, Lions fans talk about him like he's the worst player ever. 

Hahaha they are getting slaughtered on Friday.... 

15 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Do you need a translator... I didn't say Zach would succeed, period stop... So why do I need to answer you arbitrary question that has nothing to do with my comment. 

You sir are the dishonest one here. 

Wow! I'm going to have to break these ad hominems and logical fallacies down once at a time. 

Do you need a translator...

that's one 

I didn't say Zach would succeed, period stop...

You inferred that no QB could succeed behind the Jet's O-Line.

So why do I need to answer you arbitrary question that has nothing to do with my comment. 

Nothing to do with your comment? LOL

You went out of your way to imply that Kleckinau "hates" Sad Sack. The implication is that anybody who is critical of Sad Sack "hates" him. 

DISHONEST. 

And there you go again, doubling down on the same logical fallacy. 

You are an Ass Clown.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Wow! I'm going to have to break these ad hominems and logical fallacies down once at a time. 

Do you need a translator...

that's one 

I didn't say Zach would succeed, period stop...

You inferred that no QB could succeed behind the Jet's O-Line.

So why do I need to answer you arbitrary question that has nothing to do with my comment. 

Nothing to do with your comment? LOL

You went out of your way to imply that Kleckinau "hates" Sad Sack. The implication is that anybody who is critical of Sad Sack "hates" him. 

DISHONEST. 

Right I did say that (Never said no QB... But I'll play your game) no qb that isn't elite or a tank would have success behind the Jets OL right now... 

I also said that sadly Zach is probably the best QB on the team right now that's healthy... 

No where does that imply that Zach would succeed anywhere or that he is any good... So why would a question on whether he would succeed somewhere else even relevant... It has nothing to do with what I said. 

I went out of my way to say that YOU hate Zach... And you say it in nearly every post...

So I guess you did need a translator... Because you weren't even close. 

23 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I actually didn't think he had such a hot preseason, but he looks the part to me.  Strong looking arm and nice enough release.  The defense of those statistics is that everybody seemed to love him in Green Bay.  McCarthy supposedly wanted to get him in Dallas and Hackett and Rodgers obviously seem to like him.  He didn't really play in Green Bay.  His games in 2021 were for the 3-13-1 Lions under Dan Campbell and Anthony Lynn.  Not exactly a QBs paradise.  I assume the hope is that he will be better in this system.  I expect him to be somewhat better than he was in Detroit, but I am worried that he will throw a ton of INTs.  I'd expect Ramsey to bait the hell out of him.  

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

I actually didn't think he had such a hot preseason, but he looks the part to me.  Strong looking arm and nice enough release.  The defense of those statistics is that everybody seemed to love him in Green Bay.  McCarthy supposedly wanted to get him in Dallas and Hackett and Rodgers obviously seem to like him.  He didn't really play in Green Bay.  His games in 2021 were for the 3-13-1 Lions under Dan Campbell and Anthony Lynn.  Not exactly a QBs paradise.  I assume the hope is that he will be better in this system.  I expect him to be somewhat better than he was in Detroit, but I am worried that he will throw a ton of INTs.  I'd expect Ramsey to bait the hell out of him.  

3 tds and he started 3 games.... Haha... With an actual good OL

22 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Give me a logic proof. 

Stop changing the discussion. Stay on track..  You can do it

You clearly have a low IQ, so there's no point in trying to reason this out. I'll just state the facts for anyone else reading this thread and if they are honest, they will clearly understand my point. 

One, Sack Wilson is a bust.

Two, this O-line has been a train wreck all year. Not because each individual guard, tackle or center "sucks" or is a "bust", but O-lines rely on coherency and familiarity and need time together to "mesh". The 9 or ten, perhaps 11 different bodies that have been forced into action on any given Sunday, have never been afforded the opportunity to get used to each other, get used to playing with each other. Many are ordered to play out of position. IT'S HUGE THAT O-LINEMEN GET TO PLAY TOGETHER FOR A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF TIME BEFORE THEY "CLICK". 

Saleh sucks as a HC. Great DC, horrible HC.

JD sucks as a GM. He failed. TOTAL FAIL. Drafted BUST WILSON and then doubled down with other mistakes trying to cover his failure up.

Which brings us up to the present---

Yes, the O-line sucks. Yes, Sad Sack Wilson sucks. 

Yet, no one, and I repeat NO ONE has said to any other poster posting comments critical of the O-line "we get it, you hate Billy Turner/Laken Tomlinson/Max Mitchell et al" or "you are always spewing hatred at the O-line", but you, and half a dozen like you, respond to any critical comments about Sad Sack with that crap. 

So I'm done with you, idiot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Just now, Ron Rico said:

You clearly have a low IQ, so there's no point in trying to reason this out. I'll just state the facts for anyone else reading this thread and if they are honest, they will clearly understand my point. 

Two, this O-line has been a train wreck all year. Not because each individual guard, tackle or center "sucks" or is a "bust", but O-lines rely on coherency and familiarity and need time together to "mesh". The 9 or ten, perhaps 11 different bodies that have been forced into action on any given Sunday, have never been afforded the opportunity to get used to each other, get used to playing with each other. IT'S HUGE THAT O-LINEMEN GET TO PLAY TOGETHER FOR A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF TIME BEFORE THEY "CLICK". 

JD sucks as a GM. He failed. TOTAL FAIL. Drafted BUST WILSON and then doubled down with other mistakes trying to cover his failure up.

Yet, no one, and I repeat NO ONE has said to any other poster posting comments critical of the O-line "we get it, you hate Billy Turner/Laken Tomlinson/Max Mitchell et al" or "you are always spewing hatred at the O-line", but you, and half a dozen like you, respond to any critical comments about Sad Sack with that crap. 

You have to result to name calling because you can't stay on topic... Got it... 

At no point was I defending Zach... But again you feel the need to push that narrative.. 

So... Not sure why you had to type this out because it has nothing to do with what I wrote... 

So continue on thinking that you are' right' because everyone sucks and Zach's a bust... But again this was never part of my discussion... 

Boyle is going to fail hard on Friday because the 4th string OL is a turnstile... That was my Point and argument but not sure how you are still failing to actually read. 

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Why do I care? Because the NYJ have been gaslighting the fans for quite some time now with this he gives us the best chance to win bullsh!t so yeah I am tired of seeing him

I hate nobody so stop that nonsense. 

The thread was about whether or not he belongs on the sideline next game and what move could be made to keep him away. Try staying on topic.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

Why do I care? Because the NYJ have been gaslighting the fans for quite some time now with this he gives us the best chance to win bullsh!t so yeah I am tired of seeing him

I hate nobody so stop that nonsense. 

The thread was about whether or not he belongs on the sideline next game and what move could be made to keep him away. Try staying on topic.

Haha 😂 OK boss... I did answer your question and then @Ron Ricotook me off topic... Seriously... Wtf...

I get it... You are tired of seeing him... There is no reason not to have him on the sideline... He wasn't playing great but he is not demonstrative to the team... 

Are you the same account as Rico because otherwise it's kinda weird how you 2 are defending each other. 

• More Ugh 1

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yea, I’m hopeful he can be better than he’s been in the past. If he can play anywhere close to average, I think you’d sign for that. Yep, ints are the big concern - he should have had two in 14 pass attempts in garbage time last Sunday. Not great. 

The good news is that he’s only started 3 games for a bad Lions team. The bad news is his career QB rating is over 20 points lower than Zach Wilson’s is (!!!). Hopefully, he’s a lot better than that nowadays. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

With Boyle starting and Semian #2 why should he dress for the game?What purpose will that serve?  Kick his pouty little face out of here. Will Woody Magoo permit it? He will only serve as a distraction and the TV cameras will be eating it up.

Of course you are correct.  He should be moved immediately to the practice squad.  But it would be a major embarrassment to the Jets organization, and the Jets seem to care more about how they are perceived, instead of focusing on only winning games!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yea, I’m hopeful he can be better than he’s been in the past. If he can play anywhere close to average, I think you’d sign for that. Yep, ints are the big concern - he should have had two in 14 pass attempts in garbage time last Sunday. Not great. 

The good news is that he’s only started 3 games for a bad Lions team. The bad news is his career QB rating is over 20 points lower than Zach Wilson’s is (!!!). Hopefully, he’s a lot better than that nowadays. 

We won't know for sure for another 28 starts, right?

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Ron Rico said:

Two, this O-line has been a train wreck all year. Not because each individual guard, tackle or center "sucks" or is a "bust", but O-lines rely on coherency and familiarity and need time together to "mesh". The 9 or ten, perhaps 11 different bodies that have been forced into action on any given Sunday, have never been afforded the opportunity to get used to each other, get used to playing with each other. Many are ordered to play out of position. IT'S HUGE THAT O-LINEMEN GET TO PLAY TOGETHER FOR A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF TIME BEFORE THEY "CLICK". 

Thanks for getting this thread locked. Consider this a warning: if you can't discuss football without name-calling, than this isn't the site for you.

No need for attacks like this. Absolute garbage.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1