After watching him against the Texans I keep Zach until I know for certain he sucks.

nyjets1969

13 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah, but it's only been dozens of games, so how do you KNOW this one half a game isn't the new baseline for every game he'll ever have in the future? You don't know. So we should extend him just in case. That's what a smart football team would do. 

I think if Zach continues to play at a high level for the rest of this season the jets shouldn’t be too keen on trading him.  Heck, next season is set with Rodgers.  Zach has proven he can be an effective backup.  And it looks like the team has finally gotten around to supporting him.  I think the offense was in a funk and leveling too much blame on Zach.  Now they know many of their problems were of their own making.

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

I think if Zach continues to play at a high level for the rest of this season the jets shouldn’t be too keen on trading him.  Heck, next season is set with Rodgers.  Zach has proven he can be an effective backup.  And it looks like the team has finally gotten around to supporting him.  I think the offense was in a funk and leveling too much blame on Zach.  Now they know many of their problems were of their own making.

The bolded part would have to actually happen first - assuming he doesn't only play one more game as it is before Rodgers steps in - before any talks about not moving on.

More than half a football game against the #26 pass defense (#30 in yards per pass attempt) - two months after his second-last good half of a football game - is required before deciding to keep a QB with such a failed history.

It's not personal for me. If the light suddenly has gone on, fine by me. I'm going to need to see him do it - repeatedly - before even engaging in that discussion. Until then they're better off unloading his $5MM guarantee and putting that $ to use elsewhere (the pick itself will be gravy), and if the most recent game is enough to get someone else to be optimistic, and his crash back to his prior norm happens elsewhere instead, then that's a good thing for the Jets.

He played a terrific half a game (itself tarnished slightly by yet another fumble, though this time it didn't cost the team a win). As of now that's all that's happened.

• Upvote 2

On 12/10/2023 at 2:53 PM, nyjets1969 said:

It's game like this that confuses me he plays solid then he sucks until I know he can't be a serviceable QB I'm not trading him if he becomes a late bloomer like Geno this team looks even dumber. They wasted 3 years on him, I'm keeping him for length of contract to see how he turns out. Its not like they are drafting a QB next year plus Jets take a massive cap hit. Bring in a vet to compete as back up let the cards fall. I'm not Zach fan but I'm sick of seeing the Jets blow stuff like this he is under contract for 2 more years if a team offers a second or higher yes if not Zach can sit here he might be playing now for his career but he is still under contract so he can't go anywhere.

Laughing Man Lol GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

The Wilsonites after CJ Stroud or any other promising young player had a bad game:

"See! He SUCKS!! HE HAD A BAD GAME!! BUST!!"

Zach Wilson looks like garbage for 28 of 31 games:

"Stop picking on that nice young man! It's everyone else's fault! We won't know until he gets at least 10 years if playing in this league. You are the devil and I damn thee for not liking that adorable young gentleman!"

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The Wilsonites after CJ Stroud or any other promising young player had a bad game:

"See! He SUCKS!! HE HAD A BAD GAME!! BUST!!"

Zach Wilson looks like garbage for 28 of 31 games:

"Stop picking on that nice young man! It's everyone else's fault! We won't know until he gets at least 10 years if playing in this league. You are the devil and I damn thee for not liking that adorable young gentleman!"

I was not prepared for how brainwashed this fanbase would become.  

• Upvote 3