Interesting Comments From Laveranues Coles In This Week's "The 33rd Team" Podcast

4:25 [on Zach Wilson] He's showing them that he has the tools to make plays and play if he has a little bit of time. Or he's in the correct system that exploits his skillset. 

15:20 [on Zach Wilson] It has been a horrific ride for this kid.  And the fact that he can go out and smile and play the game he just played tells you a lot about his character... Strong backbone.  Strong mentally.  Cause I'll tell you what.  You could've booed me 2 times, you know how many middle fingers I'd have gave y'all?  You gonna boo me?  Okay, I've got something for you.

25:56 [on Allan Lazard] I wish my friend could get me paid...Give a man $11M a year to do nothing.  

28:35 [on Tommy DeVito] I ain't giving the Giants no love.  Nobody on the Giants.  They skipped over me just like everybody else so take that.

29:07 [on Greg Zuerlein] Greg The Leg didn't have to do a lot of work this week.  All he had to do was kick "points tried after, PTAs"

29:45 [Prediction for this week] 
Chrebet: Jets 24-21.  
Coles: Dolphins 28 Jets 6

That comment at 4:25 is basically Coles saying the Jets messed up the way they handled him (JD for the OL and the CS for not exploiting his skillset)

The comment at 29:07 makes me wonder if Coles was just playing or does he really not know what PAT stands for.

47 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

4:25 [on Zach Wilson] He's showing them that he has the tools to make plays and play if he has a little bit of time. Or he's in the correct system that exploits his skillset

He's always had the tools. The hard part for him was applying them. Like giving an air wrench to a giraffe and asking it to swap a tire.

48 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

15:20 [on Zach Wilson] It has been a horrific ride for this kid.  And the fact that he can go out and smile and play the game he just played tells you a lot about his character... Strong backbone.  Strong mentally.  Cause I'll tell you what.  You could've booed me 2 times, you know how many middle fingers I'd have gave y'all?  You gonna boo me?  Okay, I've got something for you

I'll give it to him, he has grown when you don't look at his play on the field.

49 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

5:56 [on Allan Lazard] I wish my friend could get me paid...Give a man $11M a year to do nothing

Yea, this is on point.

49 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

28:35 [on Tommy DeVito] I ain't giving the Giants no love.  Nobody on the Giants.  They skipped over me just like everybody else so take that

That's sad. 

50 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

29:07 [on Greg Zuerlein] Greg The Leg didn't have to do a lot of work this week.  All he had to do was kick "points tried after, PTAs

He accounted for 12 points. 3 field goals ans 3 PATs.

50 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Coles is more realistic to me

52 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That comment at 4:25 is basically Coles saying the Jets messed up the way they handled him (JD for the OL and the CS for not exploiting his skillset

Yea, the Jets messed up. I don't think Zach would be successful if they didn't mess up though.

53 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The comment at 29:07 makes me wonder if Coles was just playing or does he really not know what PAT stands for.

I hope he was joking about the whole thing. Zeurlein kicked 3 straight field goals, and he said not a lot of work?

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

4:25 [on Zach Wilson] He's showing them that he has the tools to make plays and play if he has a little bit of time. Or he's in the correct system that exploits his skillset. 

15:20 [on Zach Wilson] It has been a horrific ride for this kid.  And the fact that he can go out and smile and play the game he just played tells you a lot about his character... Strong backbone.  Strong mentally.  Cause I'll tell you what.  You could've booed me 2 times, you know how many middle fingers I'd have gave y'all?  You gonna boo me?  Okay, I've got something for you.

25:56 [on Allan Lazard] I wish my friend could get me paid...Give a man $11M a year to do nothing.  

28:35 [on Tommy DeVito] I ain't giving the Giants no love.  Nobody on the Giants.  They skipped over me just like everybody else so take that.

29:07 [on Greg Zuerlein] Greg The Leg didn't have to do a lot of work this week.  All he had to do was kick "points tried after, PTAs"

That comment at 4:25 is basically Coles saying the Jets messed up the way they handled him (JD for the OL and the CS for not exploiting his skillset)

Coles just drives me nuts he acts like he was like Jerry Rice or some thing. Guy could make a catch no doubt but he wants the greatest or close to it.

He always takes opposite than reality. Thanks for summing it up so we don't have to listen

Can someone please explain to me what was so demonstrably terrible about Zach’s situation his first 2 years compared to the average rookie QB situation?

OL got injured and wasn’t very good.  Happens every year to a lot of QBs.  The situation was bad because Zach sucked so hard.

This season is not on Zach but the issues that occurred during his first 2 years were mainly because of him.  Yay for Zach, glad he played well and won the game, won’t take that away from him, but this is revisionist history and victimhood at its finest.

11 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Can someone please explain to me what was so demonstrably terrible about Zach’s situation his first 2 years compared to the average rookie QB situation?

OL got injured and wasn’t very good.  Happens every year to a lot of QBs.  The situation was bad because Zach sucked so hard.

This season is not on Zach but the issues that occurred during his first 2 years were mainly because of him.  Yay for Zach, glad he played well and won the game, won’t take that away from him, but this is revisionist history and victimhood at its finest.

Zach's problem has always been confidence.  People can talk all they want about play-calling and "not letting him rip it", but it's obvious to see in games he's struggling that he's playing scared and doesn't trust his talent.  When he's feeling it and gets into a rhythm, the guy looks legit.