Zach’s “Injury” is a Farce

7 hours ago, jamesr said:

Early on the commentary team referred to a play where Zach's head hit the ground hard, might be a concussion. It was called out.

Trouble is, Zach was getting flattened most plays so it could take a while to find the exact one.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Trevor Lawrence was put into concussion protocol AFTER THE GAME

THESE CLOWNS DONT KNOW sh*t!!

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Plen T said:

Tackled low and high head SLAMMED into the ground

Armchair CLOWNS who never put pads on in they life never touched the turf who couldn’t jog a block for a million bucks yapping about toughness while on their 10th beer

CLOWNS

I have had zero beers today. Zach Wilson quit yesterday. Biggest puss move in the history of the NFL.

• Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jetswin said:

Jets misery colors the reaction some have to events around this team imho.  Let's seriously think about the fact that some here actually think Zach would fake an injury or the team would allow such a thing.

Does this actually happen with any other fanbase out there?

Of course It does not.  

Week in and week out - Jet fans prove to be the most Toxic fan base in all of sports.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes.  I suspect Rodgers would have been protected more by the refs.  But I mean the Jets just touch a guy after he throws the ball - or even slide off the guy...it's 15 yards...

Zach takes shots to his head and full force falling on him - over and over again.

Gotten one penalty called all year.

Two, but I'm just splitting hairs. ;-) 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol lots of assumptions here.  More needed than my theory.

Why say ANYTHING about dehydration if they didn’t know?  Why are 2 reporters saying dehydration at one point, tests at another and finally concussion later on?  

It’s no grand conspiracy, indeed:  The man child didn’t want to play anymore.  Pretty simple.  

Let’s all toot our horns for the leader of the clown brigade!

Excuse Me Surprise GIF by Loof and Timmy

IMG_0110.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Plen T said:

Trevor Lawrence was put into concussion protocol AFTER THE GAME

THESE CLOWNS DONT KNOW sh*t!!

Concussion symptoms aren't always immediate. Some players have reported them the day after the game, having been fine on the day itself. And Trevor's hit that is suspected to have caused it was 4th quarter, Zach was getting hit before he even took the field it seemed.

Zach did also get looked at once early on - TS was seen warming up on the sidelines - then Zach reappeared and went back in having apparently cleared protocol at that time.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

@T0mShane again, it is hilarious that the best-case scenario is "well, ackshually, he really is injured, and isn't just faking it because he doesn't want to play anymore"

Trevor Lawrence came back to play the same week after being diagnosed with a high ankle sprain on a play in which it looked like his leg was broken. These Zach stans are combing through grainy Zapruder footage looking for any instance where Zach’s helmet made contact with the turf. 

• Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, jamesr said:

Concussion symptoms aren't always immediate. Some players have reported them the day after the game, having been fine on the day itself. And Trevor's hit that is suspected to have caused it was 4th quarter, Zach was getting hit before he even took the field it seemed.

Zach did also get looked at once early on - TS was seen warming up on the sidelines - then Zach reappeared and went back in having apparently cleared protocol at that time.

What are you saying here

concussions have never been misdiagnosed?

the fact that they called it dehydration makes it even more likely that he actually was concussed

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Plen T said:

LMFAO

YOU NEVER PUT PADS ON

IMG_0110.jpeg

I played in HS and semi-pro into my 30's but nothing close to NFL level so I don't know why that is relevant. 

If Zach complained of dizziness and headache he would have immediately been evaluated for a concussion. Instead they reported "dehydration". The guy who didn't want to play anymore 2 weeks ago didn't want to do it anymore. He quit.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

@T0mShane again, it is hilarious that the best-case scenario is "well, ackshually, he really is injured, and isn't just faking it because he doesn't want to play anymore"

Having a concussion is a terrible scenario.  The best case scenario is he actually is faking it and is in good health.  Concussions are actually a terrible injury and cummulative.   The kid took a beating out there yesterday.  He probably did get hurt.  I really hope he was faking it.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

There are some overlapping symptoms (dizziness primarily) but dehydration is pretty easily diagnosed.

Unless you're looking for a skull Fx, not really.

Possible... 

The NFL is ass, and Zach is done for the year and probably with the Jets. But yesterday was a total disaster across the board for the NYJ.

3 minutes ago, Plen T said:

LMFAO

YOU NEVER PUT PADS ON

IMG_0110.jpeg

What does "putting pads on" have to do with anything? What team did you play for? The Massapequa Little Titans? 

Dehydration is one of the easiest things to actually diagnose for Medical Professionals. Did you ever put on a stethoscope, bro? No? OK.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I played in HS and semi-pro into my 30's but nothing close to NFL level so I don't know why that is relevant. 

If Zach complained of dizziness and headache he would have immediately been evaluated for a concussion. Instead they reported "dehydration". The guy who didn't want to play anymore 2 weeks ago didn't want to do it anymore. He quit.

No Way Reaction GIF

IMG_0110.jpeg

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Having a concussion is a terrible scenario.  The best case scenario is he actually is faking it and is in good health.  Concussions are actually a terrible injury and cummulative.   The kid took a beating out there yesterday.  He probably did get hurt.  I really hope he was faking it.  

I meant the best-case scenario for their goofy argument, Buzz Killington.

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

What does "putting pads on" have to do with anything? What team did you play for? The Massapequa Little Titans? 

Dehydration is one of the easiest things to actually diagnose for Medical Professionals. Did you ever put on a stethoscope, bro? No? OK.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

IMG_0111.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Plen T said:

What are you saying here

concussions have never been misdiagnosed?

the fact that they called it dehydration makes it even more likely that he actually was concussed

The implication I had read from the previous post was that T Law's concussion should have been spotted straight away, so I was responding that it can be missed initially as symptoms are not always immediate. (EDIT - I read "THESE CLOWNS" as referring to the medical assessors who missed the T Law concussion, but I think you are referring to posters in this thread. Hard to keep track :D). 

Zach was looked at and cleared once in Q1 - which may account for why the "dehydration" report came out. He had some of the symptoms but cleared the test, so initially it was believed to be something else.

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

I meant the best-case scenario for their goofy argument, Buzz Killington.

The warrior mentality is the thing that's going to end NFL football as we know it.  They keep changing the rules to protect the QB but if the QB actually feels his health is in danger he should be blackballed immediately.   JD put those guys in front of Zach and they would have been in front of Rodgers if he was healthy.  Saleh and the coaching staff has been teaching them how to block as a unit.  If Zach got hurt or quit there's still a lot of culpability to spread around.   

I don't think Zach is an NFL QB.  I do think he built himself up in the offseason to take the pounding of the NFL.  I do think Saleh has been very cute in the way he has pushed blame to Zach while claiming he was the best QB on the roster.  It wouldn't surprise me at all for Jets management try and make it look like Zach quit on the team to deflect blame for the team quiting.  

• Sympathy 1

I can’t go back in coach !

I’m dizzy, no wait , seeing double, no that’s not it , I’m dehydrated! That’s it ! Dehydrated! 

It’s so embarrassingly ridiculous to believe this nonsense because players do get dehydrated during games and if it’s really bad they do this thing called IV fluids. 

the AZM has completely lost their minds, it’s amusing to me like haha funny 

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Trevor Lawrence came back to play the same week after being diagnosed with a high ankle sprain on a play in which it looked like his leg was broken. These Zach stans are combing through grainy Zapruder footage looking for any instance where Zach’s helmet made contact with the turf. 

How long does quite last behind this line ? He would actually die 

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Whose best case scenario.  Idiotic Jet fans that made sh*t up?

Zach was put into confusion protocol.  There's no scenario or controversy here.

Just some disturbed people that have been so lost down a hate Zach hole since before he was drafted -  that have to make the kid getting destroyed with a serious head injury as a knock on him.  

It's been a very strange three years - how adult, grown men can be this twisted by some 22 year old kid.  Kinda sad really.   Just happy for him to be finally getting away from this Toxic fan base.

Very True 

6 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The warrior mentality is the thing that's going to end NFL football as we know it.  They keep changing the rules to protect the QB but if the QB actually feels his health is in danger he should be blackballed immediately.   JD put those guys in front of Zach and they would have been in front of Rodgers if he was healthy.  Saleh and the coaching staff has been teaching them how to block as a unit.  If Zach got hurt or quit there's still a lot of culpability to spread around.   

I don't think Zach is an NFL QB.  I do think he built himself up in the offseason to take the pounding of the NFL.  I do think Saleh has been very cute in the way he has pushed blame to Zach while claiming he was the best QB on the roster.  It wouldn't surprise me at all for Jets management try and make it look like Zach quit on the team to deflect blame for the team quiting.  

All of this is a separate issue, but I don't disagree. Douglas started his tenure talking about fixing the OL and he still hasn't done it. Zach is absolutely not an NFL QB, but the organization's entire handling of the QB position, from scouting to resource allocation to preparation to playing time, has been indefensible. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Trevor Lawrence Team and coaching staff haven't quit on the season because they have nothing to play for.  Trevor Lawrence isn't sitting on the bench next year behind Aaron Rodgers.   Trevor Lawerence is going to be negiotating a huge deal to QB Jax for years.

What does Trevor Lawrence and Jacksonville have to do with Zach Wilson and the Jets besides their owners share revenue?

10 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

All of this is a separate issue, but I don't disagree. Douglas started his tenure talking about fixing the OL and he still hasn't done it. Zach is absolutely not an NFL QB, but the organization's entire handling of the QB position, from scouting to resource allocation to preparation to playing time, has been indefensible. 

He deserves to be fired for the OL situation alone.

I'd say 5 years is more than enough time

Brett Veach in KC fixed their OL in 1 offseason 🤣

Yet the excuse train for Joe Douglas 🤡 never stops rolling

• Upvote 1