New York Mets 2024 Thread (LFGM)

Scott Dierking

18 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Not that i have a ton of baseball perspective, but psychologically this team is built to run the gauntlet. They've found that space/zone mentally to exist in where inhibitions and doubts have given way to confidence and conviction. It takes a season of overcoming trials and tribulations as the Mets have done in 2024 to get that special zone - but they're fcking dialed in now.

With the WS being a reality they can taste, I think it'll be full throttle the rest of the way... Interestingly, i think SD is a similar spot. Two trains on a crash course, barreling toward each other. 

I'm hesitant. They have had vibes like this before and come up just short. '15 had a different but equally astonishing feeling to it and then Lucas Duda came along.

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm hesitant. They have had vibes like this before and come up just short. '15 had a different but equally astonishing feeling to it and then Lucas Duda came along.

well they're still human -- some event could throw them off the axis, or the other team stands on their head, but this where you want them for this stretch run. Unwavering belief in themselves and motivated.

6 hours ago, Grandy said:

Gonna give a little update: Somehow retained power when 90% of the county lost it. In a 100 year old house and let me tell you there's a reason why it's made it so far. Some paint damage, lost a gutter, and a minor ceiling drip, but otherwise this thing held up like a champ. Feel so blessed and luckily I'll be able to help out my people in the area who were less fortunate. As a whole, I expected the worst and am pleasantly surprised. Also, the eye of the storm is so eerie and had to text people not to start opening windows because it wasn't over.

Hope all is well up by you. LFGM!

That’s awesome dude, where you at in Florida?

8 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Too funny, my neighbor is from there.  He packed his truck and fishing boat full of gas and supplies to come help ya’ll out.  If you see a guy named John from Jax out and about, lending a hand, say hi!

Will definitely do so. Thanks for letting me know!

I thought Padres would win because of their offense which I thought was better than the LAD but they got shut out. As Mets know very easy to get shut out.  As for Ohtani how could he not win NL MVP he's the best player in baseball. And this season not even pitching. 

11 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I thought Padres would win because of their offense which I thought was better than the LAD but they got shut out. As Mets know very easy to get shut out.  As for Ohtani how could he not win NL MVP he's the best player in baseball. And this season not even pitching. 

This year there is not a player in MLB that is more valuable to his team than Lindor has been. His leadership has been and continues to be off the charts. Without him, this team would be drafting in the top 5. The Dodgers would still be a play team without Ohtani.

5 minutes ago, section314 said:

This year there is not a player in MLB that is more valuable to his team than Lindor has been. His leadership has been and continues to be off the charts. Without him, this team would be drafting in the top 5. The Dodgers would still be a play team without Ohtani.

Look Ohtani is one of the all time greats esp if you factor in his pitching. Lindor is the Mets MVP but not the NL MVP. Ohtani is a 50-50 player with 130 rbis. 

1 hour ago, section314 said:

He hasn't done jack sh*t this postseason and here LA is. Lindor quite literally batted the Mets into the playoffs and into the NLCS. Impossible to imagine the Mets being here without Lindor and the Dodgers would probably be here without Ohtani. Not to mention the fact that all of a sudden the guy has a 50/50 season when he doesn't have to worry about getting dinged up in the more taxing aspect of the game. 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I don't love DHs getting the mvp, but ohtani was top 3 in basically every offensive category.   Runs, RBI, HR, Batting Avg, Slugging, Doubles, triples, steals.

Easy to juice up your numbers when you only have to play half the game. Not to mention that the Dodgers actually won less games this year too. 

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Easy to juice up your numbers when you only have to play half the game. Not to mention that the Dodgers actually won less games this year too. 

Ohtani also the first player with 400 total bases in 20 years, and then it was Rockie players and the big steroid guys.

Sure, it's easier being a DH.  He did have an epic season.  As for wins and losses, that's more on pitching injuries.

44 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Ohtani also the first player with 400 total bases in 20 years, and then it was Rockie players and the big steroid guys.

Sure, it's easier being a DH.  He did have an epic season.  As for wins and losses, that's more on pitching injuries.

And half the big steroid guys did not have the luxury of getting to be a DH. Bonds probably hits another 5 per year if he didn't have to schlep his fatass to left every day.

An MVP isn't a hitting award. IMO LaRussa put it best when he was vocally against ARod during the Ranger years, an MVP is the player that does the most to get their team to the playoffs. In that regard, it's Lindor hands down. The Dodgers make the playoffs without Ohtani, the Mets don't without Lindor.