New York Mets 2024 Thread (LFGM)

Scott Dierking

45 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Braves and Diamondbacks lost.

I'm officially scared

Me too. This is so like 2016 down the stretch fighting for that wildcard. Every pitch, every inning. Stearns has done a good job putting this team together. The honesty love playing together and are all just team players. They have each other’s backs. That can be a very tough team to beat. LGM.

• Upvote 3

Who was the lead announcer on that Z squad Fox production last night with Smoltz. That was by far the worst called game I have ever heard outside of that apple tv bullsh*t. Just unbelievably embarassing. His call on Vientos's home run was hysterically inept. "A hard drive down the left field......*pauses awkwardly trying to speak english*.... SIDE. Line dude, line.

MLB needs to figure out how to get the teams actual announcers for the playoffs. These national guys know absolutely nothing about the teams. Its horrific and needs to change.

On a non bitching about everything angle, how great is it that Alvarez is starting to show some pop and consistency? Perfect timing!

Alonso continues to not produce vs good teams. 2nd and 3rd no outs in first, K. Think 6th, 8-2 Phils, two outs and men on 2nd and 3rd, they actually pitched around Vientos to load the bases to pitch to Alonso and he obliged, called out on a fastball. He is making Cohen and Stearns decision pretty easy. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Was at the game last night. Felt like a playoff game, stadium was rocking. 

There’s a very special vibe about Acuna. Didn’t feel like that at Citi with some of the other young guys initially. Really feels like you’re watching the future of the franchise now. 

Very impressive young guy. Plays with the poise of a 5 year veteran.When Lindor comes back do they put Acuna in CF?

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Very impressive young guy. Plays with the poise of a 5 year veteran.When Lindor comes back do they put Acuna in CF?

I would think they DH Lindor for the rest of the year. As much of a leader as he is on the field, the defense is doing fine so far without him, and it's not worth risking losing his bat again. Next year, Acuna to second base, if I had to guess. The lineup is so up in the air for next year given Pete and Soto, so who knows. Gilbert and Jett will likely be making big pushes for call-ups next year too. Maybe even Clifford. Good problems to have, for sure.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I would think they DH Lindor for the rest of the year. As much of a leader as he is on the field, the defense is doing fine so far without him, and it's not worth risking losing his bat again. Next year, Acuna to second base, if I had to guess. The lineup is so up in the air for next year given Pete and Soto, so who knows. Gilbert and Jett will likely be making big pushes for call-ups next year too. Maybe even Clifford. Good problems to have, for sure.

There are some players needing new deals. Would love to keep Oglesia, Bader, Quintana, Pete (at the right price).

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/new-york-mets/contracts

• Upvote 1

Take 2 out of 3 in Atlanta and this thing is over. Feel like I have said that before.

Maybe an errant throw hitting the third base bag when it should have been in the outfield proves Mets are a team of destiny. Seriously, Alvarez needs to work on that defense. Calls a good game, but he needs to sharpen up behind the dish.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Take 2 out of 3 in Atlanta and this thing is over. Feel like I have said that before.

Maybe an errant throw hitting the third base bag when it should have been in the outfield proves Mets are a team of destiny. Seriously, Alvarez needs to work on that defense. Calls a good game, but he needs to sharpen up behind the dish.

lmfao - any long time Mets fans saw that play and was holding their breath and then the ball bounced damn near right in the base path and I was like, is this an alternate universe?  

• Upvote 3

That was a must win w/ Sale tonight.

Sorry boys, it was written in stone, this is what this team does.  Is there another example of team that own's the Mets the way the Braves do?  In any sport?!?!?!?!  My hatred for the Braves is unhealthy but my love for the Mets is a Jets fans are the best. 

hahahah @Sperm Edwards  I called my love for the Mets a d-is-ease and this triggered????  lmfao 

• Upvote 3

God I hate the ******* Braves. Have the Braves signed Michael Harris II to a 6 year 20 million dollar deal yet? If not we need to think about picking him off in a few years. We dont even have to play him, give him 200 million just to not be on the Braves goddamn.

Severino looks gased now for the third start in a row. Its hard to not think that the innings caught up with him.

The bad    1) Severino had a chance to set the tone and basically was a no-show. 2) JD Martinez has to be in the lineup every day. I don’t care if he’s 1/40 or whatever. He had more big game experience than anyone on this team. Would trust him more than Alonso in a big spot any day of the week.

The good    1) this team has been resilient as hell for 4 months; expect a big bounce back game Sale or no Sale. 2) two of the three guys in the lineup who are the core of the future, Vientos and Acuna, were our two best guys on the field and didn’t look like the moment was too big for them at all.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, section314 said:

The bad    1) Severino had a chance to set the tone and basically was a no-show. 2) JD Martinez has to be in the lineup every day. I don’t care if he’s 1/40 or whatever. He had more big game experience than anyone on this team. Would trust him more than Alonso in a big spot any day of the week.

The good    1) this team has been resilient as hell for 4 months; expect a big bounce back game Sale or no Sale. 2) two of the three guys in the lineup who are the core of the future, Vientos and Acuna, were our two best guys on the field and didn’t look like the moment was too big for them at all.

prayer GIF

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Crossing fingers that Monday doesn't even matter. AZ plays SD their final series and Padres will have to try and win that first game to lock everything up since the Mets have the tiebreaker.

Wondering what Milwaukee is going to do since division seeding is pretty much done at this point. 

What a total screw up by MLB. Should have moved games to alternate site. Braves told Manfredi that they would not move the location or play a DH on Tuesday. They knew that requiring Mets to fly home and then to Milwaukee and then back to Atlanta a day after the season ended to play a DH would screw the Mets. I hope Atlanta loses out and Mets sweep Brewers.

• Upvote 3