~~~Saturday NFL Football Cowboys vs Lions~~~

Beerfish

If the Cowboys win it gives them a serious boost toward claiming not just the division, but the whole conference. They can't control their own destiny because of the Eagles but if the Eagles and Niners (unlikely, they face the Cardinals and Commanders respectively) lose this week it paves the way for Dallas to skip the Wild Card Round.

On the other hand, if the Lions win this game, they become the first 12 win team in the NFC and really increases their chance at skipping wild card round.

Both teams are playing for something still.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

I think the boys home look to make a stmt tonight

im thinking they win big

their te #87 might have a big game

Don’t know about them winning big, but I have them winning “big enough”. 😉

Problem with the ‘Boys in the playoffs is they’re going to have to win at least two road games, which i don’t see them doing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Don’t know about them winning big, but I have them winning “big enough”. 😉

Problem with the ‘Boys in the playoffs is they’re going to have to win at least two road games, which i don’t see them doing.

Big enough is fine by me as well

agree with them on the road - at home different team

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Almost everyone here like the Saleh hire. A select few wanted McCarthy but not one person wanted Campbell.

McCarthy wasn’t available when Saleh was hired. He was coaching the Cowboys already. He was available when we hired Gase and we interviewed him and passed. 

most people here wanted McCarthy over Gase - myself included 

15 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

McCarthy wasn’t available when Saleh was hired. He was coaching the Cowboys already. He was available when we hired Gase and we interviewed him and passed. 

most people here wanted McCarthy over Gase - myself included 

I remember a lot of us wanted no part of him.I know @Jet_Engine1 did though because he said many times, “he is Irish, won a ring in Green Bay and most importantly… he’s Irish.”

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Not what I remember - I remember him and Matt Rhule being the two most popular guys we interviewed that cycle 

You’re younger and your memory is probably sharper than mine with this, (and I didn’t really like either of them), so you’re probably right.

I think McCarthy has always been overrated imo because of Rodgers and now with the talent Jon’s gave him on the Cowboys. He’s done very little with all that.

The Rhule baloon burst once the religious thing probably not playing well in NY became a concern here.

Just now, Green Ghost said:

You’re younger and your memory is probably sharper than mine with this, because I didn’t really like either.

I think McCarthy has always been overrated imo because of Rodgers and now with the talent Jon’s gave him on the Cowboys. He’s done very little with all that.

The Rhule baloon burst once the religious thing probably not playing well in NY became a concern here.

Mccarthy is vastly underrated.   He has produced wherever he has gone, his offensive stats as head coach for dallas have been outstanding.