Jets Sign OL Vitaliy Gurman

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Guess JD thinks he's better than Saffold.  /shrug.

More likely he thinks this one is more likely to be a camp body than Saffold, or at least he wants to get a look for a week to see if he's worth even bringing in as camp fodder for the '24 offseason.

These guys almost never turn into anything anyway, but what it more likely says is they're not interested in bringing Saffold back again next year. 

(Now watch they re-sign Saffold in March just to highlight how much I'm talking out of my ass)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

More likely he thinks this one is more likely to be a camp body than Saffold, or at least he wants to get a look for a week to see if he's worth even bringing in as camp fodder for the '24 offseason.

These guys almost never turn into anything anyway, but what it more likely says is they're not interested in bringing Saffold back again next year. 

(Now watch they re-sign Saffold in March just to highlight how much I'm talking out of my ass)

Considering Saffold went to the Browns practice squad, I think that cut might have been like Cook to give him a chance to join a contender and get some playoff money.  In the meantime, it gives the Jets an extra roster spot to evaluate players for futures contracts.  In this case Gurman.  A quick look at blurbs on him he is another overachiever that plays multiple positions and offers versatility.  Not a great athlete.  UDFA who spent time with the Steelers, Chiefs, and Raiders at a minimum. 

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Nah. If they bring Saffold back, it won't be you talking out your ass, it'll be because our GM has no real plan for setting up this o-line. 

• Haha 1

Considering how many jets cast offs went on to have decent careers means that people should be happy they’re still bringing in players at this late date.  I don’t know what this means in terms of gaining the rights to a player but considering all the oline men they’ve churned through this past season it can’t hurt.  Of course the down side is many players just don’t have the potential  and it can be a wasted effort.  But it only takes one or two guys to make a huge difference.