Jets doing the "right thing" releasing Cook and Saffold early, right? Well do the right thing and release Zach Wilson too

12 hours ago, Pac said:

You are gonna be shocked when they get a 3rd rounder or more for Zip. 

Yeah he sucks, yeah he's gotta go, but he has also improved but never had much of a chance this year given the state of the O line. 

Don't get it twisted I want him gone but I'm sure there's going to be a few GMs who believe they have the structure and coaching to help him reach his potential.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's starting somewhere in a couple years. 

There is no way anyone is giving up a 3rd outright for zach Wilson. I’d be floored if JD to replicate the E Moore trade. Like Moore, package zach with a 3rd and get a 2nd back. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

There is no way anyone is giving up a 3rd outright for zach Wilson. I’d be floored if JD to replicate the E Moore trade. Like Moore, package zach with a 3rd and get a 2nd back. 

I agree that some sort of pick swap will be more likely. If we could move our 3rd rounder up into somewhere in the 2nd that would be a good outcome, in my mind. 

Boy this anti Zach venom reminds me of why coaches are replaced and not players.  It’s far easier to get rid of one guy than replace a whole team.  I want what’s best for the jets.  In a perfect world Zach would become the second coming of Rodgers to take over after next season.  But it isn’t.  At the same time it’s unfortunate that the guy was saddled with a moronic head coach and oc in saleh and milfy to start his career.  And it was even worse that he had to start from day one.  The jets did not lift him up although part of Rodgers hire was to help him.  And now many fans want to cut him outright and do further damage to his psyche.  Why?  This season wasn’t going to be good once Rodgers went down and it kept getting worse as the oline was churned and players were dropping passes.

As for Zach’s value, just take a look around the nfl.  25% of the teams are using backups.  Some of these backups are latching on and some like Dobbs are flashes. I believe some team will want to trade for him.  Don’t be surprised if he winds up on a team like the Rams, Niners, or Broncos.

19 hours ago, freestater said:

its the right thing to do for the fans. I could care less if its right for Zach but common, we should have the concrete assurance that we'll never have to watch that terrible qb ever suit up for the Jets again. Get rid of him. I dont give a crap about some conditional 6th rounder. JD will just waste it anyway. 

Flame away. 

It’s obvious they are getting rid of him during the off season. That’s why they are not playing him now. The reason he is still in concussion protocol is because they are not letting him practice. To get off protocol you have to participate in a full practice with no symptoms. If you don’t practice that can’t happen. 

20 hours ago, freestater said:

its the right thing to do for the fans. I could care less if its right for Zach but common, we should have the concrete assurance that we'll never have to watch that terrible qb ever suit up for the Jets again. Get rid of him. I dont give a crap about some conditional 6th rounder. JD will just waste it anyway. 

Flame away. 

Wait till you see the next Jets drafted QB

• Haha 1

On 1/3/2024 at 8:44 PM, Pac said:

Yeah he sucks, yeah he's gotta go, but he has also improved but never had much of a chance this year given the state of the O line. 

Don't get it twisted I want him gone but I'm sure there's going to be a few GMs who believe they have the structure and coaching to help him reach his potential.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's starting somewhere in a couple years. 

D52A254C-8902-4F34-B918-DB1E0C30EA37.thumb.jpeg.b3f5708be87f66b9435253ea29f1b240.jpeg

On 1/3/2024 at 3:44 PM, Pac said:

whoever gives up a 3rd round needs to get their head and eyes checked.

The right thing for the fans is to trade him and get whatever you can for him. I think its feasible that you can get a conditional 5th for Zach. Trey Lance was traded for a 4th rounder. They are saying Fields is worth somewhere in the 2nd round range. I know Zach is a colossal bust but I would not be surprised if there is a team out there that believes the Jets coaching is a joke and they can turn him around to at the very least be a capable backup. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, PepPep said:

The right thing for the fans is to trade him and get whatever you can for him. I think its feasible that you can get a conditional 5th for Zach. Trey Lance was traded for a 4th rounder. They are saying Fields is worth somewhere in the 2nd round range. I know Zach is a colossal bust but I would not be surprised if there is a team out there that believes the Jets coaching is a joke and they can turn him around to at the very least be a capable backup. 

I agree the right move is to hold him and trade him.  I think I have said as much in this thread.  Comparing his value to Fields and Lance is a particularly valid exercise IMO.   Lance had an extra year on his deal and has done much less to prove that he cannot play in the NFL (theHackenbergEffect-he hasn't played so maybe he can play). 

More importantly, Fields and Lance are package QBs.  Even if you end up not wanting them as starters, they can both run well enough that they can give you a package.  A series, a goalline play where you can use them successfully.  Think Taysom Hill.  He may or may not be a better choice for full-time QB than Zach, but I certainly think the Saints are happier they have Hill.