Another Golden Opportunity About to he Wasted

9 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This isn’t a missed opportunity. Woody could clean out everyone at 1JD from Douglas to the lunch ladies and offer Harbaugh $50 million a year and he’d still laugh him off the phone

this there is no way harbaugh even takes woodys call

• Upvote 2

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I mean you can think and believe this but it doesn't make it true. Woody should at least be reaching out to test the waters on the DL.

woody could reach out all he wants no legit coach wants to work with him, its painfully obvious

• Upvote 2

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Mike McCarthy come to mind as a recent example.

and did they hire the one which came to mind?  nope they went unproven over someone who had a legit resume

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

ok but that wasn't your point 🤣

when you look at the history of head coach hires it doesnt point to them going with a legit coach its always an unproven hot rookie coach. FYI I have no issue with Salah I think he can be a solid coach in the league I think he was derailed by the lack of a QB his entire time here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 2

2 minutes ago, jetsman said:

when you look at the history of head coach hires it doesnt point to them going with a legit coach its always an unproven hot rookie coach. FYI I have no issue with Salah I think he can be a solid coach in the league I think he was derailed by the lack of a QB his entire time here. 

yea, so anyway, Woody should definitely reach out to Harbaugh to test the waters on the DL.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jetsman said:

come to think about it he was derailed the same way Rex was and I still love Rex and wish he was back

• Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1

32 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Every single year, there are opportunities staring Woody Johnson right in the face to make this a legitimate football organization. 

In early 2024 (I say early because I know this is just the 1st of multiple things that Woody and his people will **** up this year), the big one will be Jim Harbaugh. 

I know. You don't like him as a person. Well, this isn't about choosing a kindergarten class for your kid. This is about football. And he knows how to build a football program. He's proven it in a way no one associated with the Jets has since Parcells. And he will. He's ready to leap back into the NFL. He'll take the reigns somewhere and turn some fortunate team into a perennial contender, much like his former employer the 49ers or like his brother in Baltimore. 

Meanwhile, Woody will run it back with the inexperienced, proven failure head coach that was hired by the GM that was hired by the head coach that you fired 5 years ago.

Woody's only move is doing what SELF-BUILT rich people (like the ones he inherited all his money from) all do: recognizing that which you don't know a thing about (football) and hiring the BEST people that do.

This year, Harbaugh will be that guy. Next year, it will be someone else that he won't hire either. It's quite easy to do too. You have tons of money you can give him, and one of the biggest stages imaginable. Probably the thirstiest fan base in all of sports. The first guy that wins here will be an absolute GOD.

Swear to him in person and publicly that you have finally come to the realization that you need to step aside and let football people football. Woody's role should be to stay in the shadows, sign checks, and not be seen or heard from again until he's standing with Harbaugh on the platform to receive the Lamar Hunt trophy. That's the only way it works. 

But here we are. No hope of any of it. We're going to do the same crap next year we did this year. The o-line won't get sufficiently fixed. They'll draft the wrong guy. Wilson, Hall, Sauce will eventually move on to real teams that won't waste their talent. Bob will be fired, and Woody will save a couple bucks by hiring a defensive coordinator that's never accomplished anything ever... again.

Harbaugh gets a say in all this too. He's got a really close relationship with the Davis family, which is why he's being linked to Vegas. I'd imagine he'd also prefer the West Coast with Herbert too.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Every single year, there are opportunities staring Woody Johnson right in the face to make this a legitimate football organization. 

In early 2024 (I say early because I know this is just the 1st of multiple things that Woody and his people will **** up this year), the big one will be Jim Harbaugh. 

I know. You don't like him as a person. Well, this isn't about choosing a kindergarten class for your kid. This is about football. And he knows how to build a football program. He's proven it in a way no one associated with the Jets has since Parcells. And he will. He's ready to leap back into the NFL. He'll take the reigns somewhere and turn some fortunate team into a perennial contender, much like his former employer the 49ers or like his brother in Baltimore. 

Meanwhile, Woody will run it back with the inexperienced, proven failure head coach that was hired by the GM that was hired by the head coach that you fired 5 years ago.

Woody's only move is doing what SELF-BUILT rich people (like the ones he inherited all his money from) all do: recognizing that which you don't know a thing about (football) and hiring the BEST people that do.

This year, Harbaugh will be that guy. Next year, it will be someone else that he won't hire either. It's quite easy to do too. You have tons of money you can give him, and one of the biggest stages imaginable. Probably the thirstiest fan base in all of sports. The first guy that wins here will be an absolute GOD.

Swear to him in person and publicly that you have finally come to the realization that you need to step aside and let football people football. Woody's role should be to stay in the shadows, sign checks, and not be seen or heard from again until he's standing with Harbaugh on the platform to receive the Lamar Hunt trophy. That's the only way it works. 

But here we are. No hope of any of it. We're going to do the same crap next year we did this year. The o-line won't get sufficiently fixed. They'll draft the wrong guy. Wilson, Hall, Sauce will eventually move on to real teams that won't waste their talent. Bob will be fired, and Woody will save a couple bucks by hiring a defensive coordinator that's never accomplished anything ever... again.

Is woody going to give harbaugh 8 million?  And that’s what he’s making at Michigan with a heck of a lot of control.  I don’t think saleh makes that much.

39 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Beating A Dead Horse Funny Sticker - Beating A Dead Horse Funny Stickers

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This isn’t a missed opportunity. Woody could clean out everyone at 1JD from Douglas to the lunch ladies and offer Harbaugh $50 million a year and he’d still laugh him off the phone

Wrong.

This is a weak, defeatist attitude. 

What's your solution to the current problem? Do nothing? Just don't even try. 

Stop with this loser nonsense. 

The Jets are a great opportunity for him to cement his legacy as a Hall of Fame coach. And money talks, every time, no matter who is giving it out.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, doitny said:

Harbough is not coming here after what he seen this year with Zach. that guy had no business being on this team.

and if you dont believe Woody was behind that then what happend after Rodgers went down? dont let your hatred for JD cloud your Judgement. no football guy in his right mind would let Tim Boyle be the #2 QB. and it took JD a month to bring in Sieman. thats all Woody not wanting to pay another QB.

More stupid.

No coach is making a decision on his future based on the weakness and stupidity of his predecessor. 

Sean Payton (who also could have been had for just money) inherited a ton of garbage in Denver and took his team from 5 wins to 8 even with the albatross contract of an aging QB. Sound familiar? Saleh hired the guy that made that mess in the first place and got an historically bad offense as a result.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, Wit said:

Hes waited this long to jump back in so that he can join a dogsheeet organization with no prestige involved. 

Sure. The Raiders/Davis/Las Vegas. All prestige.

Do you people even think about what you write before you write it?

• WTF? 1

16 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Is woody going to give harbaugh 8 million?  And that’s what he’s making at Michigan with a heck of a lot of control.  I don’t think saleh makes that much.

$8 million. $10 million. $15. Whatever it takes.

That's how you fix this problem. Spend on the most important person in the building what you spend on Allen Lazard. The results will change.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2
  • More Ugh 1

41 minutes ago, jetsman said:

this there is no way harbaugh even takes woodys call

No.  He would take Woody's call.  But then use it as negotiating leverage to get more out of the team he really wants to be with.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

By all means, tell us more about how working for Woody Johnson and Aaron Rodgers is a great opportunity

I have. You just stubbornly don't want to hear anything that isn't aligned with your defeatist loser mentality. 

6 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I have. You just stubbornly don't want to hear anything that isn't aligned with your defeatist loser mentality. 

No you haven't. Your arguments for why Harbaugh would take the job are "the Jets would pay him a lot of money" (which any team would) and "it's a great opportunity" (which: ???)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

$8 million. $10 million. $15. Whatever it takes.

That's how you fix this problem. Spend on the most important person in the building what you spend on Allen Lazard. The results will change.

I agree with the spend but I think the issue is the coach money comes out of woodys pocket whereas players are governed by the salary cap restrictions.