Which coach would you hire to hypothetically replace Saleh?

Presuming all are available and would take the job  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Jets are going to the playoffs next year. Super Bowl run.

Douglas and Saleh long term extensions are headed their way.

Long term extension for Saleh?!  I'd almost rather we miss the playoffs then!  lol

• Post of the Week 1

There wasn't a choice for any of the above, but my choice is McDaniel... Young super creative on offense and could keep Ulbrich and the defense together if he wanted to., but aside from McDaniel, Harbough.

12 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I think you mean McCarthy wanted to coach Sam Darnold, as 2019 was the last coaching cycle he was available in but, yes, I agree.  He should have been the hire.

Or Pedersen. But Joe Douglas preferred the guy with the cool youtube videos where he acted like a WWE wrestler on the sideline. Douglas really has an eye for talent (sarcasm). 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Harbaugh would be my choice.

Matter is academic.  If all were available and wanted the job, Woody would hire the coordinator, with no experience, willing to do the job on the cheap.

Last time he hired an experienced coach was Parcells and we were good.  How many first time coordinators have been hired and failed since?  Why does he hire them?  Because he doesn't want to pay what a Harbaugh would command.

On 1/13/2024 at 3:52 PM, T0mShane said:

Presuming all are available and would take the job, which coach would you replace Saleh with in the event that Woody fired him? 

I’d say whatever guy are new GM chooses? Need one of those too. With that guy here not much is going to move the needle, 

The first three on that list you take in a second. The last two could actually be downgrades because the defense would slip. Although McCarthy and Rodgers could work well. Would have to keep Ulbrich in that scenario.