~~~ Sunday Football Thread (1/21/2024) ~~~

15 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

My biggest complaint of the offensive coaching during Wilson’s tenure here was not enough deep shots. 

you knew he was a slow processor with questionable decision-making. Let him roll out, read half the field, and chuck it deep down the sideline twice a quarter.  

I feel like he was doing that early on, but then it got drilled into his head that he needed to keep his completion percentage up and his confidence imploded. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

I feel like he was doing that early on, but then it got drilled into his head that he needed to keep his completion percentage up and his confidence imploded. 

He was definitely ordered not to take risks. Awful idea to put on a young QBs brain 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Exactly. He was scared to throw a pick so he never took a chance minus a few games.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

He was definitely ordered not to take risks. Awful idea to put on a young QBs brain 

Every time a Jet QB tries to go deep he gets killed by the pass rush.

We also have the worst Offensive coaching in the league.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Zach Wilson got himself sacked regardless

Wilson is a bad QB

The oline is atrocious

The oc is the worst in the league scheme and play calling.

All things are true.

For some reason if the 2nd and 3rd thing are mentioned someone always has to bring up the 1st thing as if that makes any difference at all to thin 2 and 3.  It doesn't

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Wilson is a bad QB

The oline is atrocious

The oc is the worst in the league scheme and play calling.

All things are true.

For some reason if the 2nd and 3rd thing are mentioned someone always has to bring up the 1st thing as if that makes any difference at all to thin 2 and 3.  It doesn't

Because we heard that LaFleur was the worst OC alive and then Josh Johnson, Mike White, and Joe Flacco all put up 400 yards of offense with it. Trevor Siemian was sacked three times in 117 dropbacks in the last three games. It doesn’t make LaFleur or Hackett good, but it’s enough evidence to say that Zach Wilson was making everything worse.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Modern, Sally’s, Pepe’s. It’s all good, but it’s all thin, which I don’t love. Pepe’s in particular is like eating a saltine

I like the well done aspect.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Because we heard that LaFleur was the worst OC alive and then Josh Johnson, Mike White, and Joe Flacco all put up 400 yards of offense with it. Trevor Siemian was sacked three times in 117 dropbacks in the last three games. It doesn’t make LaFleur or Hackett good, but it’s enough evidence to say that Zach Wilson was making everything worse.

It's definitely a total coincidence that LaFleur suddenly remembered how to coach this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1