Joe Flacco - "Comeback Player of the Year...?

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

How many of them died though 

That... was the point. Joe Flacco coming back from taking a few months off because nobody signed him, and then playing 6 games on a contending team winning CPOY is dumb. He "came back" from a vacation. 😆 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Literally everyone outside of Jets Fans?

He did.

He won it the first time for his 7th season, after missing most of his 6th season.  He had 5 seasons of resume (3 as a starter, 2 of which were playoff seasons) prior to the injury, and post injury helped lead the Jets to a 10-6 record and a third playoff berth with him as QB.

Hall, on the other hand, played a total of 7 games, with 2 started, and 463 career rushing yards before his injury.  i.e. he had no meaningful Pro-level success/resume for him to "Come Back" to.  And he was underutilized, and played for loser franchise in it's 13th strait loser season, which doesn't help him.  And he's a RB in "running backs are disposable in the NFL in 2024", not a QB, which also doesn't help him.

Generally, CBPotY is a player with a meaningful, multi-year resume of success (to some degree) at the NFL level, who either gets hurt or sucks badly, then "Comes Back" to his previous quality play or much better.

It's not an award for an injured 2-start rookie who gets hurt his rookie year.

I love Hall as a player, I wanted him badly when almost ALL of JN called me an idiot for it.  I'm hardly a Hall detractor or critic or cynic.  He and G. Wilson are my favorite current players.

He just doesn't deserve this award at this time.

Having started most of three full seasons prior to those 5 games.  Hall had 2 starts before his rookie year injury.

I think that's the point everyone is choosing to overlook.  CBPotY isn't just a "got hurt, came back" award.  You have to have been meaningfully decent, for a meaningful amount of time, prior to that hurt/suck, generally speaking.

I am sure there are exceptions, of course, but an underutilized RB (in pass-happy 2024) on a sh*t team in it's 13th sh*t year isn't the guy whose going to be an exception.

Which is why everyone other than Jets Fans generally agree, and almost no one one voted for him at all.

Holy sh*t dude I was kidding, haha 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

That... was the point. Joe Flacco coming back from taking a few months off because nobody signed him, and then playing 6 games on a contending team winning CPOY is dumb. He "came back" from a vacation. 😆 

The whole award is definitely stupid.  Shoulda shut it down when Pennington won it a 2nd time.  

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’d love to help you out here big guy, but I never said I would’ve voted for Hamlin. I said I would’ve voted for Flacco.

So, you won't stand by your previous statement.  Understood. 

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

So, you won't stand by your previous statement.  Understood. 

I honestly don’t know what you’re referring to? I remember saying there were about 12 RBs as good as Breece Hall, but i don’t recall mentioning Hamlin? 
Am I forgetting something?

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I honestly don’t know what you’re referring to? I remember saying there were about 12 RBs as good as Breece Hall, but i don’t recall mentioning Hamlin? 
Am I forgetting something?

You're such an ass.

Green Ghost: "Breece Hall could be replaced by any of 15 guys in the NFL right now, and nobody would ever notice".

JE1's Simple question:"How many players currently in the NFL could replace Jamar Hamlin (an actual NFL CPOY nominee). 

Green Ghost:

Screenshot_20240210_185008_Facebook.thumb.jpg.2fc6e3208d333bbb072666db418e95b7.jpg

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Green Ghost: "Breece Hall could be replaced by any of 15 guys in the NFL right now, and nobody would ever notice".

JE1's Simple question:"How many players currently in the NFL could replace Jamar Hamlin (an actual NFL CPOY nominee). 

Green Ghost:

Screenshot_20240210_185008_Facebook.thumb.jpg.2fc6e3208d333bbb072666db418e95b7.jpg

Ah… okay now I understand. You’re overly upset about a Jet not being nominated for a stupid award nobody gives a sh*t about and for some reason you want my opinion on a guy who I never mentioned, but you’re upset was nominated?
I’d say maybe 1500 could replace Hamlin on a NFL roster. Feel better now? 

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Ah… okay now I understand. You’re overly upset about a Jet not being nominated for a stupid award nobody gives a sh*t about and for some reason you want my opinion on a guy who I never mentioned, but you’re upset was nominated?
I’d say maybe 1500 could replace Hamlin on a NFL roster. Feel better now? 

Who's upset? I asked a simple question and you acted like KJP. 

And yes, I would agree that Jamar Hamlin as a player is literally the definition of roster fodder.

Good day. 

9 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I don’t know about him but it made me feel good!!!👍 

Thanks!!

😂 you’re welcome!

There’s something (other than the obvious lol) that I can’t stop seeing in that picture… why is her left nipple at 3 o’clock? That’s not where it should be, is it?

11 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

😂 you’re welcome!

There’s something (other than the obvious lol) that I can’t stop seeing in that picture… why is her left nipple at 3 o’clock? That’s not where it should be, is it?

It may just be an imperfection in her blouse or bra. If it’s her nipple it seems seriously out of place

On 2/9/2024 at 2:05 PM, Maxman said:

Baker Mayfield was robbed.

Amazed he didn’t get every vote.   He’s going to be the starting QB on a team he helped carry to the playoffs after being written off.  He will get a multi year contract in the 40 million range.  Flacco played so good for 5 games he may have earned himself a tryout as a backup next year at near league minimum. 

• Upvote 1

Hamlin is a great story.   He came back from a near death experience.   It’s not a football comeback story.   He hasn’t come back to anything close to the player he was.   He’s a poster child to the real danger players face.   

Wasn't what I was implying at all. The point is that in order to be "Comeback whatever of the whatever", maybe there should be something you are "Coming Back" FROM. Flacco was chilling at home, got a call and went onto an otherwise VERY good roster and good team, played an entire 5 games... and then melted down in the playoffs. What was the adversity he came back from? Spending time with his family? LOL.

He spent last year on the Jets.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

On 2/9/2024 at 12:40 PM, Warfish said:

Hall doesn’t warrant CBPotY. He got hurt mid rookie year yes, but that’s not enough. He had to have a resume before the injury. He didn’t. He had the start of a resume. Isn’t enough, certainly not compared to Old Man Flacco leading a late year playoff drive. This wasn’t/isn’t some anti jets slight, come on lol.

Um.. then why was Hamlin nominated?

17 minutes ago, Drums said:

Um.. then why was Hamlin nominated?

Because he literally died on the field.  

He didn't win, did he?  Nope.  Didn't deserve it.  Deserved it less than Hall frankly, despite his good story of not being dead.

But neither deserved it, as laid out above.  

• Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Green Ghost:

That Martin Short skit is incredible btw.  

• Upvote 1