Tyreek Hill

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

You ******* blind?

Mahomes literally carried 3 defenders across the first down marker, ran a read option, throwing to guys named Scantling and Hardman.

Shut up you have no clue wtf your talking about.

92 to Kelce

240+ to no names.

A bit aggressive huh? Idk who you think you're talking to like that. Idiot you can gfy with that sh*t

15 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

A bit aggressive huh? Idk who you think you're talking to like that. Idiot you can gfy with that sh*t

Need a tissue?

We get it you don’t like the Chiefs and Mahomes doesn’t change the fact he is the GOAT.

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Need a tissue?

We get it you don’t like the Chiefs and Mahomes doesn’t change the fact he is the GOAT.

Wtf are you talking about?  Mahomes is the best player in the league. It's too early to be smoking that much crack man. Pace yourself

2 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Wtf are you talking about?  Mahomes is the best player in the league. It's too early to be smoking that much crack man. Pace yourself

You’re the one who said Kelce was the star because he caught 9 balls for 92 yards like Mahomes didn’t matter.  Stay out of my crack stash.

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

You ******* blind?

Mahomes literally carried 3 defenders across the first down marker, ran a read option, throwing to guys named Scantling and Hardman.

Shut up you have no clue wtf your talking about.

92 to Kelce

240+ to no names.

Damn man you're so hostile....who hurt you?

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

You’re the one who said Kelce was the star because he caught 9 balls for 92 yards like Mahomes didn’t matter.  Stay out of my crack stash.

I never said any of that....younsaid Kelce barely contributed. Which i disagreed with and your vagina got hurt 

5 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Damn man you're so hostile....who hurt you?

Hostile?

A blind man knows Mahomes willed that team all damn day.  Everyone else were along for the ride and role players on O.

Mahomes is the GOAT and will viciously defend that stance.

7 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

I never said any of that....younsaid Kelce barely contributed. Which i disagreed with and your vagina got hurt 

My Vagina is just fine, regardless of his contribution it doesn’t happen without Mahomes getting it to him.

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Hostile?

A blind man knows Mahomes willed that team all damn day.  Everyone else were along for the ride and role players on O.

Mahomes is the GOAT and will viciously defend that stance.

lol dude you literally said "HE DID IT ALL HIMSELF" and some guy responded simply by posting Kelce's numbers from last night, and your instinct was to attack.  Like I get this Mahomes thing has become your entire personality but ffs man....pump the brakes a bit.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Literally irrelevant to my point.  I knew that calling him a gadget back would be an issue, but whatever.  His greatness specifically lies in his ability to be so effective when being used in multiple ways.  If you think they could just keep slamming him into the line and expect success so be it.  I think you'd be wrong, but I don't particularly care.  Swiss Army knives are great but using them as an axe is not particularly effective. 

Show me the play by play for the 3rd quarter.  Then I will comment more specifically, and possibly revise my thoughts, but IMO the Chiefs were stuffing the run.

IMO, CMC is much more dangerous than a back you can slam up the middle every play. You just described Pacheco who didn't crack 1000 being the lead back on a dynamic  offensive team. 

• Upvote 1

Trading Tyreek allowed them to put money into the defense. The KC teams with Tyreek had middling to poor defenses. Mahomes is generational. In today’s NFL, you need skill position players, but when you have a Mahomes, you can afford to have a little less on offense to give yourself a better defense. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Mahomes is incredible and is arguably the most talented QB of all time.  But he's not the GOAT (at least not yet).  He's not even halfway to the # of rings that TB12 has.  And he still trails Montana by 1.  Plus, he lost to TB12 head-to-head in a SB.  Of course their OL was in shambles in that game so it wasn't exactly his fault.  But he also lost to TB12 in an AFC CG.  It's amazing to think that if Mahomes won those games (and would've won the SB the year they lost the AFC CG), that Mahomes would've had 5 rings and TB12 would've had 2 fewer rings so it would've been a 5-5 tie (with Mahomes winning the head-to-head matchup).  In other words, those 2 games could've flipped the script already.  Mahomes would've arguably already been the GOAT at age 28. 

TB12 getting to 10 SBs (and winning 7) is absolutely bonkers though, even with the cheating!

image.png.e13aa86163336b8ba29144f177528732.png

Bart Starr has 5 NFL championships including 2 in a row and 3 in a row.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

Trading Tyreek allowed them to put money into the defense. The KC teams with Tyreek had middling to poor defenses. Mahomes is generational. In today’s NFL, you need skill position players, but when you have a Mahomes, you can afford to have a little less on offense to give yourself a better defense. 

BB47F47C-66B2-47CF-9967-CE3F1D21231C.thumb.jpeg.f3272fc1868439c01ed68f1534289e62.jpeg

2 hours ago, bonkertons said:

lol dude you literally said "HE DID IT ALL HIMSELF" and some guy responded simply by posting Kelce's numbers from last night, and your instinct was to attack.  Like I get this Mahomes thing has become your entire personality but ffs man....pump the brakes a bit.  

He did do it all himself.

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

He did do it all himself.

I honestly don't even know what this means.  Are you saying receivers in general are just JAGs and great QBs can win with whoever?  I'm legitimately confused about what you're trying to accomplish here.  

5 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

I honestly don't even know what this means.  Are you saying receivers in general are just JAGs and great QBs can win with whoever?  I'm legitimately confused about what you're trying to accomplish here.  

Yes

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

IMO, CMC is much more dangerous than a back you can slam up the middle every play. You just described Pacheco who didn't crack 1000 being the lead back on a dynamic  offensive team. 

Once again, completely irrelevant to what I said.  I get that the language I used seemed to minimize CMC.  It was not meant to.  He is ******* awesome.  I am simply saying that people are acting like Shanahan is a dunce for not feeding him the ball.  It would be nice to get him the ball more, but the Chiefs were hammering the run.  

I looked at the play-by-play and they did seem to get away from him a bit in the 3rd quarter.  OTOH, they lost a drive with the punt hitting the guy's foot and they had at least one where an early false start put them in a hole.  McCaffrey is awesome.  He can be used in a million ways, including as an old school lead back.  Still, the 49ers did not get where they were by simple kill the clock hand offs.  Their offense is more complex and uses more guys.   

I don't think you can act like Shanahan and the offense choked.  They scored on their last three  drives.  They lost because Moody kicked a gutterball on an extra point.  The Chiefs fumbled 5 times and only lost 1, while the 49ers fumbled twice and lost both.  Lot of luck there.  It was a hell of a game.  Somebody had to lose.

7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Yes

You're a visionary.  Why do these teams with great QBs even spend on expensive weapons?  Why even draft a WR in the 1st?  The Chiefs wasted a 2nd rounder on Rashee Rice....what a bunch of idiots.  The Chiefs pay Kelce $15M.  Maybe that's strictly for jersey sales from all the Taylor Swift fans, so he's more of an investment than he is a guy who helps them win.  You know what, you could be on to something.  

You realize you're out of your gourd, right? 

2 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

You're a visionary.  Why do these teams with great QBs even spend on expensive weapons?  Why even draft a WR in the 1st?  The Chiefs wasted a 2nd rounder on Rashee Rice....what a bunch of idiots.  The Chiefs pay Kelce $15M.  Maybe that's strictly for jersey sales from all the Taylor Swift fans, so he's more of an investment than he is a guy who helps them win.  You know what, you could be on to something.  

You realize you're out of your gourd, right? 

I realize I’m correct.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

I realize I’m correct.

lol I don't think you are bud.  At least, I highly doubt any GM or HC in the league would agree with you.  Funny thing is you're about to see 3 WRs probably go in the top-10 of the upcoming draft.  Probably a TE as well.  Too bad the rest of the league hasn't figured out what you already know.  WRs and TEs are the new RBs...you can get by with UDFA guys as long as you have a good QB.  Hopefully we trade Garrett before we get stuck paying this guy $20M+.  How horrible that would be for us...

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

The chiefs were better with tyreek.  Give the guy his due.  He plays hard every game. Right now the chiefs are Mahomes and Kelse and a but of no names.  Their defense is playing much better than it used to.

Tyreek is one of my most disliked players in the NFL (threatening your wife and hitting your kid is awful!) but he is a tremendous player and hard worker.  (Surprisingly, he even comes across pretty well in interviews).

Mahomes seems like a very likable dude.  It's unfortunate that the 2 superstars he's played with are both jerks.

3 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

lol I don't think you are bud.  At least, I highly doubt any GM or HC in the league would agree with you.  Funny thing is you're about to see 3 WRs probably go in the top-10 of the upcoming draft.  Probably a TE as well.  Too bad the rest of the league hasn't figured out what you already know.  WRs and TEs are the new RBs...you can get by with UDFA guys as long as you have a good QB.  Hopefully we trade Garrett before we get stuck paying this guy $20M+.  How horrible that would be for us...

There isn’t a GM in the league that wouldn’t give up every offensive player on their roster for Mahomes and rebuild it from scratch today.

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

My cut-off is the Super Bowl era.  I'm assuming at least 1 of these SBs was pre-SB.

Right he only won the first two in a row.  3 of them were before the SB era before the league was watered down.  Morall was a contemporary of Starr's.  Morall was trash compared to Starr.  Bart Starr QB rating in the playoffs was almost double what Morall put up.  In the same era Starr stats absolutely blow out everyone of his contemporaries.  When you look at playoffs, he's stats are better than Brady's.  If you look at era's, I beleive Starr could play in today's era at pretty much the level we saw Purdy play this year.  I think a lot of QB's in this era wouldn't survive in Bart Starrs era.

Guys like Namath, Bradshaw and Staubach would be fantastic in today's era of protected QB's and WR.  

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Once again, completely irrelevant to what I said.  I get that the language I used seemed to minimize CMC.  It was not meant to.  He is ******* awesome.  I am simply saying that people are acting like Shanahan is a dunce for not feeding him the ball.  It would be nice to get him the ball more, but the Chiefs were hammering the run.  

I looked at the play-by-play and they did seem to get away from him a bit in the 3rd quarter.  OTOH, they lost a drive with the punt hitting the guy's foot and they had at least one where an early false start put them in a hole.  McCaffrey is awesome.  He can be used in a million ways, including as an old school lead back.  Still, the 49ers did not get where they were by simple kill the clock hand offs.  Their offense is more complex and uses more guys.   

I don't think you can act like Shanahan and the offense choked.  They scored on their last three  drives.  They lost because Moody kicked a gutterball on an extra point.  The Chiefs fumbled 5 times and only lost 1, while the 49ers fumbled twice and lost both.  Lot of luck there.  It was a hell of a game.  Somebody had to lose.

I'm really not arguing most of what you wrote but MCM rushed for 80 yards and had a 3.6 average while barely getting the ball in the second half. That isn't  being hammered. I'm just saying you are comparing MCM to Henry and Riggins who IMO are much less talented and less dangerous  backs

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, rangerous said:

The chiefs were better with tyreek.  Give the guy his due.  He plays hard every game. Right now the chiefs are Mahomes and Kelse and a but of no names.  Their defense is playing much better than it used to.

Tyreek is the most explosive playmaker in the NFL and has continued to be awesome in Miami.

Trading him helped the Chiefs improve their team in other areas and they've been better without him, winning back to back championships the last two years.

Both can be true.

32 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I'm really not arguing most of what you wrote but MCM rushed for 80 yards and had a 3.6 average while barely getting the ball in the second half. That isn't  being hammered. I'm just saying you are comparing MCM to Henry and Riggins who IMO are much less talented and less dangerous  backs

I was not comparing them as backs, but for styles.  Those are two guys that you run into a wall.  I checked the drive charts and play-by-play.  McCaffrey didn't get much in the 3rd quarter, but that was only 3 drives and 9 plays for -2 yards.  First drive was incomplete-false start - incomplete-scramble.  Second was complete to Jennings for -8, CMC for 7 and incomplete to Kittle.  Third was CMC for no gain, incomplete to Aiyuk, incomplete to Deebo.   Then the muff/fumbled punt and the Chiefs took the lead.  The next drive was 12 plays for the TD to Jennings.  McCaffrey had four carries and they miss the PAT.  Chiefs tie it.  Then they drive 40 yards in 7 plays and take the lead, CMC has 2 carries.  Chiefs tie it.  They kneel and in OT go 66 yards in 13 plays.  CMC has 6 runs and 2 receptions. 

This is a lot of fluff to say, when you don't get first downs it is hard to spread the ball around.  There were simply less plays.  They were hampered by three big negative plays in the 3rd - the false start, the 8 yard loss and handing the punt back.  They had a false start in OT too, but overcame it. 

My main point is people are acting like the moment is too big for Shanahan and he choked.  I don't see it.  They literally scored the last three times they had the ball (not counting the kneel down with 3 seconds left.  They had a rough 3rd Q, but the O answered the bell.  The special teams messing up the punt and missing a PAT did not hold up their end of the bargain.  This is supposed to be a defensive team, but they gave up 20 points in the last 4 drives including the TD to end it when a FG would have kept the game going and probably given them the W.

PS:  If you think Riggins was less dangerous you are simply too young to remember.  He was an absolute monster with the Jets.  Even most of the old timers here probably only remember him as Diesel the 34 year old slug dragging people around and scoring 24 rushing TDs in 15 games.  When he was younger he was super versatile and dangerous.  To be fair, it was the less dangerous older version I was referring to in my earlier post. 

PPS:  Also, you should edit.  Too many M's, not enough C's!