Tyreek Hill

20 minutes ago, zero_protection said:

Remember when people said the Chiefs would fall off without him 

Fools

Mahomes is the GOAT

put that team on his back

Nobody else on O helped not even Kelce yet he somehow threw for over 300 and won MVP.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

kelce caught 9 passes for 92 yds and had that huge 20+ yd gain at the end of regulation. what are you talking about?

You ******* blind?

Mahomes literally carried 3 defenders across the first down marker, ran a read option, throwing to guys named Scantling and Hardman.

Shut up you have no clue wtf your talking about.

92 to Kelce

240+ to no names.

14 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Fools

Mahomes is the GOAT

put that team on his back

Nobody else on O helped not even Kelce yet he somehow threw for over 300 and won MVP.

Mahomes is incredible and is arguably the most talented QB of all time.  But he's not the GOAT (at least not yet).  He's not even halfway to the # of rings that TB12 has.  And he still trails Montana by 1.  Plus, he lost to TB12 head-to-head in a SB.  Of course their OL was in shambles in that game so it wasn't exactly his fault.  But he also lost to TB12 in an AFC CG.  It's amazing to think that if Mahomes won those games (and would've won the SB the year they lost the AFC CG), that Mahomes would've had 5 rings and TB12 would've had 2 fewer rings so it would've been a 5-5 tie (with Mahomes winning the head-to-head matchup).  In other words, those 2 games could've flipped the script already.  Mahomes would've arguably already been the GOAT at age 28. 

TB12 getting to 10 SBs (and winning 7) is absolutely bonkers though, even with the cheating!

image.png.e13aa86163336b8ba29144f177528732.png

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Mahomes is incredible and probably is arguably the most talented QB of all time.  But he's not the GOAT (at least not yet).  He's not even halfway to the # of rings that TB12 had.  And he still trails Montana by 1.  Plus, he lost to TB12 head-to-head in a SB.  Of course their OL was in shambles in that game so it wasn't exactly his fault.  But he also lost to TB12 in an AFC CG.  It's amazing to think that if Mahomes won those games (and would've won the SB the year they lost the AFC CG), that Mahomes would've had 5 rings and TB12 would've had 2 fewer rings so it would've been a 5-5 tie (with Mahomes winning the head-to-head matchup).  In other words, those 2 games could've flipped the script already.  Mahomes would've arguably already been the GOAT at age 28. 

TB12 getting to 10 SBs (and winning 7) is absolutely bonkers though, even with the cheating!

Mahomes is the best QB I’ve ever seen play football period!

That makes him the GOAT for me and I’d be willing to wager he gets to 7.

14 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

He's an incredible player.  No doubt about it.  The start to his career has probably been as good as it gets, ever.

I don't think he's going to get to 7 but if anyone could do it (other than the one guy who already did it), he'd be the guy.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

He's an incredible player.  No doubt about it.  The start to his career has probably been as good as it gets, ever.

I don't think he's going to get to 7 but if anyone could do it (other than the one guy who already did it), he'd be the guy.

Just wait till they find him another Hill in the middle rounds.  And don’t forget he had no Thuney last night as well.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Just wait till they find him another Hill in the middle rounds.  And don’t forget he had no Thuney last night as well.

I remember Romo mentioning on one of the plays in OT that "if he threw that ball [deep down the field] it probably would've been picked off".  IIRC, he completed a short pass on that play instead.  To be able keep his wits about him under that type of pressure is really impressive.  As great of a QB as a guy like Brett Favre was, he didn't have that kind of self-control.  Mahomes is truly a special player.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think the only thing that will stop him is the coaching.

Mahomes was great last night.  Especially, when he had to be great.  I think the biggest difference maker was the coaching.  Both Andy and Spags made better adjustments.  Spags' D kept the Chiefs in the game.  Once Andy figured out the D, the chiefs seemingly moved effortlessly.

• Upvote 3

Mahomes is incredible and is arguably the most talented QB of all time.  But he's not the GOAT (at least not yet).  He's not even halfway to the # of rings that TB12 had.  And he still trails Montana by 1.  Plus, he lost to TB12 head-to-head in a SB.  Of course their OL was in shambles in that game so it wasn't exactly his fault.  But he also lost to TB12 in an AFC CG.  It's amazing to think that if Mahomes won those games (and would've won the SB the year they lost the AFC CG), that Mahomes would've had 5 rings and TB12 would've had 2 fewer rings so it would've been a 5-5 tie (with Mahomes winning the head-to-head matchup).  In other words, those 2 games could've flipped the script already.  Mahomes would've arguably already been the GOAT at age 28. 

http://content.invisioncic.com/y326398/monthly_2024_02/image.png.e13aa86163336b8ba29144f177528732.png
Impressive excel skills ..

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, zero_protection said:

Remember when people said the Chiefs would fall off without him 

Their Offense is not nearly as good without him over a full season but great defense made up for that and they can still make it happen when needed. All they really lose is his his dynamic big play ability . Mahomes has the ability to move the chains and run a more conservative offense 

I think you are all nuts.  People think the Niners killed them in the first half.  They were up 7 despite the Chiefs being at their 10 twice.  They were lucky.  In the 2nd half they had that muffed punt.  Without that Brock Purdy is your Super Bowl Champion. 

I don't think anybody figured out sh*t  I felt the Chiefs were in great shape at the half.  Mahomes always turns up the wick as the game closes.  If people want to pretend that is him being so clutch or Reid figuring things out, whatever.  I think it is simply him being willing to run when time gets short.  He is crazy effective running the ball and he can do it on play calls that are simple pass plays that didn't go so well.  He almost tanked the game with that stupid 2 yard run in regulation, but other than that he tore them up.  Gap discipline is not sexy, but it is what you need and Mahomes can destroy it in a couple of plays.

I also don't get killing Shanahan for not running CMC.  CMC is a gadget back.  He is not Travis Henry where you just keep smashing him into the line and eventually have success.  You can run him, but the Chiefs were stuffing the run pretty hard to start the half.  Getting the ball in CMC's hands is important, but it isn't exactly like feeding John Riggins.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think you are all nuts.  People think the Niners killed them in the first half.  They were up 7 despite the Chiefs being at their 10 twice.  They were lucky.  In the 2nd half they had that muffed punt.  Without that Brock Purdy is your Super Bowl Champion. 

I don't think anybody figured out sh*t  I felt the Chief were in great shape at the half.  Mahomes always turns up the wick as the game closes.  If people want to pretend that is him being so clutch or Reid figuring things out, whatever.  I think it is simply him being willing to run when time gets short.  He is crazy effective running the ball and he can do it on play calls that are simple pass plays that didn't go so well.  He almost tanked the game with that stupid 2 yard run in regulation, but other than that he tore them up.  Gap discipline is not sexy, but it is what you need and Mahomes can destroy it in a couple of plays.

I also don't get killing Shanahan for not running CMC.  CMC is a gadget back.  He is not Travis Henry where you just keep smashing him into the line and eventually have success.  You can run him, but the Chiefs were stuffing the run pretty hard to start the half.  Getting the ball in CMC's hands is important, but it isn't exactly like feeding John Riggins.  

You do know CMC lead the league in rushing this season

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Andy Reid is 65 years old, and 70 wins away from Shula’s #1 spot. Mahomes will still be 28 when next season starts. They were thinking three-peat before this game was over, and I wouldn’t bet against them. Those two stay together for another 5-6 years, I think a lot of records can broken. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You do know CMC lead the league in rushing this season

Literally irrelevant to my point.  I knew that calling him a gadget back would be an issue, but whatever.  His greatness specifically lies in his ability to be so effective when being used in multiple ways.  If you think they could just keep slamming him into the line and expect success so be it.  I think you'd be wrong, but I don't particularly care.  Swiss Army knives are great but using them as an axe is not particularly effective. 

Show me the play by play for the 3rd quarter.  Then I will comment more specifically, and possibly revise my thoughts, but IMO the Chiefs were stuffing the run.

26 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't think anybody figured out sh*t  I felt the Chief were in great shape at the half.  Mahomes always turns up the wick as the game closes.  If people want to pretend that is him being so clutch or Reid figuring things out, whatever.  I think it is simply him being willing to run when time gets short.  He is crazy effective running the ball and he can do it on play calls that are simple pass plays that didn't go so well.  He almost tanked the game with that stupid 2 yard run in regulation, but other than that he tore them up.  Gap discipline is not sexy, but it is what you need and Mahomes can destroy it in a couple of plays.

Agree the Chiefs were never out of it despite the 49ers rolling up TOP and yards in the first half.  I thought the Chiefs coaching staff would make adjustments at half time and they did.   I think Shanahan should have run the ball a lot more in the second half.   CMC had 272 carries in 16 games for 1459 yards.  He's a big weapon in the passing game but like Tomlinson in his prime, you can feed him the ball 35 times in a game.  He's built like a brick from the waist down like a lot of work horse running backs.  

Reid and Mahomes have a ton of big game experience.  They simply handled the pressure a little better.  Don't forget the blocked extra point and KC inability to put it in during regulation.  I think the breather between the end of regulation and overtime helped the Chiefs.  There ability to handle the pressure allowed them to grab some air.  The 49ers including Shanahan tightened up and the rest wasn't as effective.  They just looked tight.

The other huge factor was Spags the Chiefs DC.   He has 4 SB and a ton of big game experience.  I think he dialed it up at the right time several times during the game.  The Chiefs D was on the field all night and did an amazing job in key spots in the second half.

Last years SB the Chiefs D was pushed around in the first half and really did a job on Philadelphia after half time.  They are a really good group and extremely well coached.

Gap descipline almost always goes to crap when teams are tired and tight and holding on.  Mahomes has been a master at waiting and clowning teams when they break down.   It's amazing how often he does this.  It's all on tape but teams get worn down and pressure gets into their heads.   I think Shanahan as the HC did tighten up and the team reflected it on the field. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slats said:

Andy Reid is 65 years old, and 70 wins away from Shula’s #1 spot. Mahomes will still be 28 when next season starts. They were thinking three-peat before this game was over, and I wouldn’t bet against them. Those two stay together for another 5-6 years, I think a lot of records can broken. 

There's an awful lot of quality competition in the AFC (Burrow, Allen, Stroud, Lamar, Herbert, Trevor Lawrence, etc).

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Mahomes is incredible and is arguably the most talented QB of all time.  But he's not the GOAT (at least not yet).  He's not even halfway to the # of rings that TB12 had.  And he still trails Montana by 1.  Plus, he lost to TB12 head-to-head in a SB.  Of course their OL was in shambles in that game so it wasn't exactly his fault.  But he also lost to TB12 in an AFC CG.  It's amazing to think that if Mahomes won those games (and would've won the SB the year they lost the AFC CG), that Mahomes would've had 5 rings and TB12 would've had 2 fewer rings so it would've been a 5-5 tie (with Mahomes winning the head-to-head matchup).  In other words, those 2 games could've flipped the script already.  Mahomes would've arguably already been the GOAT at age 28. 

Not quite right to put morall in that group.  He only played in sb lll.  He deserves a lot of credit for the 72 doltfins since was qb for most of the season.