Brandon Aiyuk available for trade?

18 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'd love to have Aiyuk but the WR market in free agency will probably be pretty good. I'd rather just pay one of the top guys (Evans, Ridley) and try to use the high pick in the draft to land LT. The FA tackle market blows.

And there are 3 elite WRs in this draft, too, with more and more of those coming into the league every year.

Why trade for Aiyuk when we should be looking to draft one on rookie deal prices?

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And there are 3 elite WRs in this draft, too, with more and more of those coming into the league every year.

Why trade for Aiyuk when we should be looking to draft one on rookie deal prices?

The only thing I will say is that to trade for one rather than signing a high dollar FA does let us get the likely #3 for Huff.

• Upvote 1

No thanks.  I like him a lot but it's obviously going to cost pick 10 and it's just not worth it.  Make a push for one of the big free agent WRs and keep that pick to invest into the OL.  Or the reverse - sign your OTs and use that pick to draft a WR.  Even if you miss out on the top guys, take Bowers or drop back a few spots for a guy like Franklin.  Any of those routes would be preferable.  

Remember when people wanted to trade the 10th overall in 2022 for Deebo?  I love Deebo, but I'm 10x happier with Garrett.  I get wanting to be "all in" but it doesn't mean we have to make stupid decisions.  Throwing the bag at 30 year old Mike Evans will haunt us eventually but at least it won't cost us a decade+ OL piece.  

19 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The WR's have been complaining because Zach Wilson was their QB. What does that have to do w/playing w/Rodgers? NFL WR's will have a much different perspective about playing w/Aaron Rodgers than jaded Jets fans. Rodgers is an architect of the offense Hackett ran with him in back to back MVP seasons while throwing to Davante Adams who put up huge numbers in the process and earned a monster contract.

I'll give you the CS and FO being lame duck is a negative. 

Thinking about it, Evans is possible. He has a ring, he’s going for his last big contract. If the jets are the highest bidder, they could have a shot. Ridley is under cover old too, crazy to think he’s already 29. The money now will be worth it for those two. I think guys like tee Higgins and Michael Pittman who are 25/26 will be much harder to get.  Those guys have 2 potential contracts left, so signing here could prove to be too risky for them.

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

Thinking about it, Evans is possible. He has a ring, he’s going for his last big contract. If the jets are the highest bidder, they could have a shot. Ridley is under cover old too, crazy to think he’s already 29. The money now will be worth it for those two. I think guys like tee Higgins and Michael Pittman who are 25/26 will be much harder to get.  Those guys have 2 potential contracts left, so signing here could prove to be too risky for them.

Higgins & Pittman will not be obtainable because they're going to be re-signed with their current team IMO.

• Upvote 1

This is absolute insanity. 

The Jets SHOULD NOT be looking to give up major draft assets to trade for a WR. ANY WR. Even if he's a young, pro bowl caliber WR on a rookie contract. 

Brandon Aiyuk is a FA in 2025. We have him for one year before we have to sign him to a massive deal. His current cap hit is 14mil. 

This just makes absolutely no sense for the Jets, other than the fact that they need a secondary receiving weapon across from GW.

The Jets should be looking to trade for a young quality LT. That is the only player/position I would give up 1st round draft capital for. But that is simply not something that is going to happen in the NFL these days. Nobody in their right mind will give up the likes of a Darrisaw or Slater. 

What the Jets need to do is sign a solid vet WR (Ridley?) in FA and a solid vet LT (A.Jackson?) in FA. Then draft the best available RT at 10 (Fuaga?) and the best available WR (Worthy/Walker/Pearsall/Rice?) or G (Zinter?) in Rd. 3. Whoever they have at the top of their board. Because they not only need a WR but they need major O-line help. And they need cap to resign their own critical FAs - both on offense and defense. And they need to continue bringing in young talent on rookie deals as in the next 2-3 years we will have a lot of quality players wanting new contracts.   

*Sidenote: if they end up cutting Tomlinson, they should also sign a vet FA G like Zeitler.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 2/19/2024 at 1:14 PM, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Well? You giving up #10 for this guy or what Jetnation?

Would him and G Wilson be too similar? Not that that would be a bad thing.

Or how about the scouts and GM do their jobs and find a Brandon Aiyuk he isn’t Jerry Rice.

He is good but you can find his equivalent in most drafts 2nd-3rd round.

No way should this regime be allowed to trade any picks unless it’s to move up for Daniels.