Even Saleh's assistant doesn't want to work for Saleh

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He got thrown out of Green Bay. 

Probably you're right (though their GM still fleeced JD on the trade).  Aside from them probably being sick of the "I'm not sure if I'm coming back next year" stuff, they probably did want to see what Jordan Love (who I think was on the 4th year of his deal) was all about.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Janitor and kitchen staff about to bail next?

I think his assistants probably think this is a sinking ship and they'd rather find a role in a more stable situation (e.g. under Raheem Morris, who just got hired).   Between Saleh and JD losing "trusted assistants", we're probably going into this offseason short-handed.  Woody kind of royally F'd this situation up by leaving both the GM and HC on such a hot seat like this (either fire them or extend them).  Probably many people on both of their staffs are looking at other options very intently.  

• Upvote 2

I think his assistants probably think this is a sinking ship and they'd rather find a role in a more stable situation (e.g. under Raheem Morris, who just got hired).   Between Saleh and JD losing "trusted assistants", we're probably going into this offseason short-handed.  Woody kind of royally F'd this situation up by leaving both the GM and HC on such a hot seat like this (either fire them or extend them).  Probably many people on both of their staffs are looking at other options very intently.  
If Wilson didn't turn out to be a white piece of calcified dog sh*t then none of this talk about the coaches is happening. Keep piling on with the notion that it was their fault Zach Wilson was an overdrafted bust.

57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rodgers picked the one team that would give him unchecked power to do whatever he wanted. 

Stop T0m! You are acting like he made them hire his OC Booby after the guy had one of the worst years ever as a head coach. Oh wait… sh!t

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine what it’s going to be like trying to recruit free agents with both Douglas and Saleh with one foot in the grave

This was our conversation on the pod the other day.

Other than "you can play with/for Aaron Rodgers", how do you sell free agents on coming here?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

This was our conversation on the pod the other day.

Other than "you can play with/for Aaron Rodgers", how do you sell free agents on coming here?

Actually just started listening to that this week on the ride to + from work. Enjoyable and great job!

And yeah this is why a coaching change was absolutely needed this year.

40 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

If we had signed these coaches to extensions the sheeple would be bleating non stop. But when they leave they are stars fleeing a sinking ship!

Truly the dumbest fan base in the NFL.

Lol bro. it’s DEFINITELY a good thing that like half the staff is turned over with a lame duck coaching staff for sure. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

It's almost a comical starting position of negotiating leverage for an agent.

"Oh NJ state tax? Oh, Keith Carter as the OL coach? Oh Robert Saleh as the HC? Oh Aaron Rodgers retiring soon? Oh the turf at your home stadium is league worst and career-ending?"

As long as these free agent OL don’t have the numbers of every other free agent OL that’s passed through here the last five years, we’re probably ok

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

As long as these free agent OL don’t have the numbers of every other free agent OL that’s passed through here the last five years, we’re probably ok

Agreed, we need serviceable, not necessarily the Gibbs-Hogg-Washington OLs.

If we can upgrade the OL + #2 WR enough in free agency I feel much better about potentially trading down in the draft. Can we sign two tackles who can hold up for a year or two and come away with 2 newly drafted OTs that can take over next year? This would be the ideal scenario.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If we can upgrade the OL + #2 WR enough in free agency I feel much better about potentially trading down in the draft. Can we sign two tackles who can hold up for a year or two and come away with 2 newly drafted OTs that can take over next year? This would be the ideal scenario.

I think that’s going to be a challenge. Is Tyron Smith coming here to get yelled at by Keith Carter and get ****ed up on this turf? All these OL know each other and, if not, they can just google it. I’m guessing Bakhtiari would do it to hang out with Rodgers, but how much is that going to cost? I think they’re going to have to overpay a lower-tier OL or just draft them. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine trying to recruit veteran free agent OL with the notorious turf situation and the universally loathed Keith Carter on staff as their position coach.

This fu**ing team.

SMH

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL "results" and "high expectations"

18-33 career record

Aaron Rodgers, like most old guys, wants to be comfortable, and to do so in an environment he can control.

In his mind, I'm sure he thinks he is the ultimate talisman and that it doesn't really matter who the HC is as long he's on the field.

He sees Saleh as a pushover player's coach who will let him run the roost.

That’s not what he said on McAfee. He said Saleh runs as good of a  program he’s seen in all of his years in the NFL. Rodgers knows more about what it should look like than anyone on this board or in the media. If he thinks Saleh is good we need to trust him. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine trying to recruit veteran free agent OL with the notorious turf situation and the universally loathed Keith Carter on staff as their position coach.

Saleh said that the offensive line improved a lot this year. He said Carter did a good job this year navigating the circumstances of injuries and underperformance. 

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO