Can Zach Wilson be traded for another underachieving 1st rounder?

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The way I see it, if the goal is to win a SB, why bother investing resources trying to fix a QB whose ceiling isn't very high?  

ZW has been very erratic but I still say people are writing him off way too quickly.  

Let me qualify this by saying while I think Purdy is 95% a finished product like Mac.  He is better than Mac.

The goal is to win it.  Could Zach or Mac have a Flacco or Foles run?  Sure.  I think you would rather have a guy that is more of a peer of Mahomes.  There are about 5.  I think we have seen enough of Mac and Zach to know they are not one.

Could they be better?  In Mac's case, I say an unequivocal yes.  COuld Zach?  Sure, but I think after three years and nearly 1000 passes you know who he is.

53 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Let me qualify this by saying while I think Purdy is 95% a finished product like Mac.  He is better than Mac.

The goal is to win it.  Could Zach or Mac have a Flacco or Foles run?  Sure.  I think you would rather have a guy that is more of a peer of Mahomes.  There are about 5.  I think we have seen enough of Mac and Zach to know they are not one.

Could they be better?  In Mac's case, I say an unequivocal yes.  COuld Zach?  Sure, but I think after three years and nearly 1000 passes you know who he is.

I completely get where you're coming from but I still feel like we have to judge ZW's 1000 passes almost the way we look at "dog years".  "1000 Jet passes" is not the same thing as "1000 passes".  I at least want to see him in a legit situation before definitively judging him.  I've said this multiple times but if the Jets still need to greatly upgrade both their OL and WR groups in order for HOF'er AR8 to succeed then why are we destroying ZW for what he did this past year (where, imo, he showed real signs of improvement)? 

• Thumb Down 1

36 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I completely get where you're coming from but I still feel like we have to judge ZW's 1000 passes almost the way we look at "dog years".  "1000 Jet passes" is not the same thing as "1000 passes".  I at least want to see him in a legit situation before definitively judging him.  I've said this multiple times but if the Jets still need to greatly upgrade both their OL and WR groups in order for HOF'er AR8 to succeed then why are we destroying ZW for what he did this past year (where, imo, he showed real signs of improvement)? 

It would be interesting to see a guy like Reid take him in and develop him.   He won with McNabb, Vick and Mahomes.  Not your typical prototypical QBs.  

• Upvote 1

Completely irrelevant.
If Mac Jones reaches his full potential, he's not going to move the needle as far as getting a team closer to winning a SB (maybe he could be a Trent Dilfer type and get carried there). 
If ZW reaches his full potential, however, you're talking about a superstar.
Going for the "big swing" at QB is your best chance to win a SB.
How do you know what Zach Wilson's full potential is? Just because he has a strong arm (and it's not as strong as Allen's) doesn't mean his potential is superstar. He can't read a defense to save his life. It's been 3 years and he still can't figure out how to make adjustments at the line or have any feel for where the pressure is coming from. Maybe it's just possible that last season was his ceiling? I can count on one hand the number of "wow" throws he's made in 3 years. Sometimes the old adage applies: you can't shine sh*t.
  • Upvote 1

The Jets can not develop ANY QB much less one that has underperformed for a different team.

That's why Rodgers was a good move.  He's proven for sure and he knows more offense than some of the best OC's in the league.  Hence, Hackett who is just there to pal it up with Rodgers and hold a clip board.