Can Zach Wilson be traded for another underachieving 1st rounder?

5 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Why would Chicago do that? Fields is better and they both have the same issues with contract up after this year.

Jets would have to sweeten the deal but just an idea anyway. Maybe there is an O lineman or receiver that has majorly underachieved and worth a shot. Zach hasn't been good he's still young and has potential. Hate to trade him for a 7th rounder that won't get a chance to play at all.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Nixhead said:

Jets would have to sweeten the deal but just an idea anyway. Maybe there is an O lineman or receiver that has majorly underachieved and worth a shot. Zach hasn't been good he's still young and has potential. Hate to trade him for a 7th rounder that won't get a chance to play at all.

The Jets will be happy to find someone to take the cap hit off their hands without additional compensation.

• Sympathy 1

The only reason to trade for Wilson is to avoid a bidding war. 

woody took care of that when he said that the jets didn’t have a backup QB last year and the story about Zach being reluctant to play, and the weird way the season ended ended any possibility of a bidding war if he’s cut. 

setting the record for touchdown futility is almost the least of his worries lol. 

He’s going to get cut and someone might offer him a chance on a 1 year prove it deal but he may be out of the league next year 

Get fields for him?    

New York No GIF by Talk Stoop

I would love to see that happen so much  !!! 

Would be amazing to watch this forums as Justin Freakin Fields takes carries away from Breece. But then again i forgot the latest think tank idea of trading Breece.

Meanwhile Zach goes to Chicago .. sits for a year behind some vet they bring in and plays at least average behind an OL ranked 10-15 slots ahead of the NYJ.

Would be awesome.

Fields is the lesser of two weevils at this point .. but thats like comparing peanut butter sh*ts , to stony rock hard constipation.

17 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Maybe another former 1st round pick that also needs a change of scenery? Justin Fields? Anybody else come to mind?

Sure he can, if we ALSO give Chicago our 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th round picks in 2024.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Happy Lets Go GIF by New England Patriots

There can only be one.

Both need a change of scenery.  

I could actually see this one happening - although the fact that it would be an in-division trade makes it less appealing, for both sides.

Wilson for Fields obviously isn't happening, because Fields still has value.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I could actually see this one happening - although the fact that it would be an in-division trade makes it less appealing, for both sides.

Wilson for Fields obviously isn't happening, because Fields still has value.

That would be a nightmare.  Mac Jones was a low ceiling guy to begin with and it's pretty clear he's not even going to reach that.  ZW is still a very high ceiling QB but he needs the right situation (which includes an actual HC and/or OC to help fix him, along with a reasonably talented supporting cast).

That would be a nightmare.  Mac Jones was a low ceiling guy to begin with and it's pretty clear he's not even going to reach that.  ZW is still a very high ceiling QB but he needs the right situation (which includes an actual HC and/or OC to help fix him, along with a reasonably talented supporting cast).
Mac Jones worst year is the same as Zach Wilson's best year.
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You can say the same thing for Mac.  

While I agree, Zach is what you look for in a QB (e.g. arm strength, physical ability).  Mac is a better QB.  By a lot.  

Mac should be a Brock Purdy.  My hopes he is traded to the 49ers to resurrect his career.

While Zach might have been dealt a bad deal with the Jets.  Mac was dealt a far worse deal.  Belichick did everything in his power to ruin Mac.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
43 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Scary, but true.

Jones was on a bad team, with a coach who seemed to hate him, but still, overall, he produced at a much higher rate than Wilson.

4 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

You can say the same thing for Mac.  

While I agree, Zach is what you look for in a QB (e.g. arm strength, physical ability).  Mac is a better QB.  By a lot.  

Mac should be a Brock Purdy.  My hopes he is traded to the 49ers to resurrect his career.

While Zach might have been dealt a bad deal with the Jets.  Mac was dealt a far worse deal.  Belichick did everything in his power to ruin Mac.

The way I see it, if the goal is to win a SB, why bother investing resources trying to fix a QB whose ceiling isn't very high?  

ZW has been very erratic but I still say people are writing him off way too quickly.  

23 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
52 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Completely irrelevant.

If Mac Jones reaches his full potential, he's not going to move the needle as far as getting a team closer to winning a SB (maybe he could be a Trent Dilfer type and get carried there). 

If ZW reaches his full potential, however, you're talking about a superstar.

Going for the "big swing" at QB is your best chance to win a SB.

34 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Completely irrelevant.

If Mac Jones reaches his full potential, he's not going to move the needle as far as getting a team closer to winning a SB (maybe he could be a Trent Dilfer type and get carried there). 

If ZW reaches his full potential, however, you're talking about a superstar.

Going for the "big swing" at QB is your best chance to win a SB.

yea, well, no one cares about a little league Superstar.