Ulbrich wanted 49ers job, Jets denied request

16 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

It is certainly within the teams' right to block a lateral move, especially this late in the game with finding a replacement. But, it never works out well when you have hostage employees in any industry.

Have no fear Ulbrich....you'll be the interim HC of the NYJ by Thanksgiving and then can be a DC anywhere you want in 2025.

Maybe the next HC ? Woody loves his young rookie D HCs ha

22 hours ago, Matt39 said:

when can we expect the winning to start happening 

The first game Rodgers starts.

It has nothing to do with taking your day off to film a commercial

The idea that a HC is working 24/7 during each month of the offseason is pretty nieve 

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The first game Rodgers starts.

It has nothing to do with taking your day off to film a commercial

The idea that a HC is working 24/7 during each month of the offseason is pretty nieve 

Was just asking him to go to the combine and the senior bowl. #worklifebalance

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Was just asking him to go to the combine and the senior bowl. #worklifebalance

Just because you think it’s important, think that his only chance to talk to players targeted is the combine or the senior bowl.  
You don’t think that HCs can’t get to talk with whatever group of players they target at 10 at a pro day or when they fly them out to Florham Park. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Just because you think it’s important, think that his only chance to talk to players targeted is the combine or the senior bowl.  
You don’t think that HCs can’t get to talk with whatever group of players they target at 10 at a pro day or when they fly them out to Florham Park. 

Do you honestly think Saleh is going to pro days if he’s not going to the combine?

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Do you honestly think Saleh is going to pro days if he’s not going to the combine?

Maybe, maybe not.  I actually don’t care.  It’s JDs job to narrow down the list for each draft position.  They’ll bring each candidate into their facilities and Saleh will get his time with each player.  Not getting where the issue is with getting this is how teams work and that it will get don’t.  Why Saleh has to be there at step one with a wide range of players to interview when that list will be paired down by JD

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

That’s why the Jets love you.

Because I live in the real world.  
One where the sit down needs to be had with Saleh and the final list of candidates, not whoever shows up to the combine or senior bowl

Changes the way the Jets feel about themselves 

On 3/4/2024 at 8:43 AM, Rob Moore said:

Misleading thread title as it’s been reported that the 49ers never officially reached out to the Jets to seek permission, therefore the Jets could not deny a request that was never made.

But the board needs a new weirdo conspiracy theory/Saleh bashing thread so……

Rob .. being serious and not breaking chops ...  I am not sure the process would work out like this.  My thinking would be that Ulbrich was either contacted by someone at the  Niners or maybe he even put a call in that he was interested in the D coordinator position  If there was mutual interest,  then Ulbrich goes back to Saleh and / or Joe Douglass and explains the situation and asks do you think you and Woody would let me leave for this opportunity?  if the answer was yes, Ulbrichs then relays that info back to Niners who then put in an official request.  if Wood man or JD says not an effin chance...well then you are where we are now. 

Rob .. being serious and not breaking chops ...  I am not sure the process would work out like this.  My thinking would be that Ulbrich was either contacted by Niners or maybe he even put a call in that he was interested in the D coordinator position  If there was mutual interest,  then Ulbrich goes back to Saleh and / or Joe Douglass and explains the situation and asks do you think you and Woody would let me leave for this opportunity?  if the answer was yes, Ulbrichs then relays that info back to Niners who then put in an official request.  if Wood man or JD says not an effin chance...well then you are where we are now. 
I'm sorry but that preposterous.