Ulbrich wanted 49ers job, Jets denied request

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He’s The best coach the jets have.  Maybe the only coach they have

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do Two can be as bad as one It's the loneliest number since the number one

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Too bad because he's really not even that good

In an apparent do or die season, Saleh getting forced to actually do something would have been interesting. 

The SF D coordinator hire seems like someone keeping the seat warm until 2025.  Ulbrich wanting to bail (if true) on his buddy Saleh and the Jet organization is a bad look yet again.  I cannot see any way that our 2024 season isnt a dumpster fire the likes of which we may have never seen.   This coaching staff has quit on this team already.  They are already mentally checked out.  Woody congratulations, you have outdone yourself yet again.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3

1 minute ago, Jetpain said:

The SF D coordinator hire seems like someone keeping the seat warm until 2025.  Ulbrich wanting to bail (if true) on his buddy Saleh and the Jet organization is a bad look yet again.  I cannot see any way that our 2024 season isnt a dumpster fire the likes of which we may have never seen.   This coaching staff has quit on this team already.  They are already mentally checked out.  Woody congratulations again, you have outdone yourself yet again.  

I don’t like Saleh and certainly can’t defend this organization in anyway…but I think this is more of a golden opportunity situation and not necessarily Ulbrich hating on the Jets.

• Ulbrich is the DC of a defensive HC. So all of the D credit naturally goes to Saleh

• Ulbrich gets 0 HC interviews this cycle, reflecting the point above

• SF has one of the most talented defenses in the league. 2 out of the 3 last DCs there have become HCs

I think Ulbrich knows he needs to step out of Saleh’s shadow if he ever wants to become a HC and even if Saleh is retained beyond 2024, Ulbrich will be looking to leave in 2025. He’ll go be the DC somewhere that Ben Johnson or some young 1st time HC / former OC goes.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Misleading thread title as it’s been reported that the 49ers never officially reached out to the Jets to seek permission, therefore the Jets could not deny a request that was never made.

But the board needs a new weirdo conspiracy theory/Saleh bashing thread so……

IMG_0307.gif

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Misleading thread title as it’s been reported that the 49ers never officially reached out to the Jets to seek permission, therefore the Jets could not deny a request that was never made.

But the board needs a new weirdo conspiracy theory/Saleh bashing thread so……

THIS....

"would've" never let him.......

so more speculative bullsh*t to pass the off season basically. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I don’t like Saleh and certainly can’t defend this organization in anyway…but I think this is more of a golden opportunity situation and not necessarily Ulbrich hating on the Jets.

• Ulbrich is the DC of a defensive HC. So all of the D credit naturally goes to Saleh

• Ulbrich gets 0 HC interviews this cycle, reflecting the point above

• SF has one of the most talented defenses in the league. 2 out of the 3 last DCs there have become HCs

I think Ulbrich knows he needs to step out of Saleh’s shadow if he ever wants to become a HC and even if Saleh is retained beyond 2024, Ulbrich will be looking to leave in 2025. He’ll go be the DC somewhere that Ben Johnson or some young 1st time HC / former OC goes.

I am looking at it from a different perspective.  It is a horribly run organization from the inside of 1 Jets Drive.  Saleh and many of his coaches want out.  Imagine being a player going to work there every day in this toxic environment.  Come to work everyday and give your best effort and lay it on the line with your body for a bunch of coaches (led by your head coach) who are already working on their 2025 career plan.  These players see right through Saleh and all this crap. This falls on Woody.  He doesnt even have the sense to feel what's going on inside his own organization.   Saleh is dreaming of being fired.    I am actually awaiting the news that Saleh is fired or steps down (less likely , he wants the money in the contract) and Ulbrich is the head coach for 2024.  

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

I am looking at it from a different perspective.  It is a horribly run organization from the inside of 1 Jets Drive.  Saleh and many of his coaches want out.  Imagine being a player going to work there every day in this toxic environment.  Come to work everyday and give your best effort and lay it on the line with your body for a bunch of coaches (led by your head coach) who are already working on their 2025 career plan.  These players see right through Saleh and all this crap. This falls on Woody.  He doesnt even have the sense to feel what's going on inside his own organization.   Saleh is dreaming of being fired.    I am actually awaiting the news that Saleh is fired or steps down (less likely , he wants the money in the contract) and Ulbrich is the head coach for 2024.  

Saleh is a self promoter and doesnt seem to care. He’s disappeared this offseason and had to get guilted into going to the combine for a day (allegedly). I’m sure he got 18 in yesterday with the balmy weather. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

Everything you said is true absolutely. But Ulbirch is Saleh's boy and this Ulbrich stock is high for a DC but obviously is caught in the "how much of the D is from Ulbrich with Saleh there?" thought.

He needs to show that he is running a successful defense with an offensive head coach if he ever wants a HC opportunity or at this point, even an opportunity.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Saleh is a self promoter and doesnt seem to care. He’s disappeared this offseason and had to get guilted into going to the combine for a day (allegedly). I’m sure he got 18 in yesterday with the balmy weather. 

If saleh doesn’t care, then a reasonable conclusion is that he knows he has to make the playoffs or he’s gone and thus, he believes he can’t or won’t make the playoffs with rodgers.  

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If saleh doesn’t care, then a reasonable conclusion is that he knows he has to make the playoffs or he’s gone and thus, he believes he can’t or won’t make the playoffs with rodgers.  

Saleh has never looked like a guy who was overly concerned or stressed. He wouldn’t be running stairs or doing toothpaste commercials if he were. Cimini sniffed that out when he asked him about never looking upset. Blowing off the combine because he values his free time was just another instance. 

• Post of the Week 2

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I bet he got in 36

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Saleh has never looked like a guy who was overly concerned or stressed. He wouldn’t be running stairs or doing toothpaste commercials if he were. Cimini sniffed that out when he asked him about never looking upset. Blowing off the combine because he values his free time was just another instance. 

He’s a delegator who has been exposed, so he’s got nothing left but to hold onto Ulbrich and hope rodgers stays healthy.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

He’s a delegator who has been exposed, so he’s got nothing left but to hold onto Ulbrich and hope rodgers stays healthy.  

Delegating responsibility while he coasts