Ulbrich wanted 49ers job, Jets denied request

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

It is certainly within the teams' right to block a lateral move, especially this late in the game with finding a replacement. But, it never works out well when you have hostage employees in any industry.

Have no fear Ulbrich....you'll be the interim HC of the NYJ by Thanksgiving and then can be a DC anywhere you want in 2025.

I have a pretty strong feeling it’s going to be way sooner than Thanksgiving.

13 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If saleh doesn’t care, then a reasonable conclusion is that he knows he has to make the playoffs or he’s gone and thus, he believes he can’t or won’t make the playoffs with rodgers.  

Or he just doesnt want to be here even if they can have some bit of success.  Maybe he or his wife hate the area, maybe he dislikes Woody or Hymie or Chris, who knows, but i cant see any way that he could be back in 2025.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He doesn't even have the decency to pretend he cares.  Like when Kotite pulled a Costanza move and left a 2nd car at the facility to act like he was there at all hours.

Lol.  Which is even MORE telling!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He doesn't even have the decency to pretend he cares.  Like when Kotite pulled a Costanza move and left a 2nd car at the facility to act like he was there at all hours.

Celebrity coach. 

• Upvote 1

Misleading thread title as it’s been reported that the 49ers never officially reached out to the Jets to seek permission, therefore the Jets could not deny a request that was never made.
But the board needs a new weirdo conspiracy theory/Saleh bashing thread so……
But where's Bobby?!?!?!?!?
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, section314 said:

I have a pretty strong feeling it’s going to be way sooner than Thanksgiving.

Woody has never fired anyone midseason. If we are struggling all season I still think that the earliest he pulls the trigger is around Thanksgiving.

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, Rob Moore said:
Misleading thread title as it’s been reported that the 49ers never officially reached out to the Jets to seek permission, therefore the Jets could not deny a request that was never made.

Flossing 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Woody has never fired anyone midseason. If we are struggling all season I still think that the earliest he pulls the trigger is around Thanksgiving.

There’s a first time for everything, even for an imbecile like Woody. 

There’s going to be a Collision Low Crossers part II after this debacle, right?

I mean, it’s the only thing to look forward to when the mismanagement is this bad. 

Oh, and he’ll be interim head coach by November, then we won’t hire him and he’ll go on to be awesome elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Ulbrich is projected to be the Jets HC by week 9 next year.  Why would he give that up for a job with zero upside?   

There’s been an avalanche of bad press already. Coaches leaving, executives bouncing and not getting backfilled. Saleh blows off the combine because of reasons (he’s lazy). Just make the switch to Ulbricht now and roll the dice. Give yourself a chance. This guy does not give a sh*t. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah that’s not happening. Just like Hogan and Alexander’s positions won’t be replaced. 

As with every Jets coach and executive (and plenty of players, too), the main priority is doing as little as necessary while keeping your job. If you win along the way, that’s fine, too, but it’s not a must or anything

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, Rob Moore said:

I haven’t gotten that far yet bc I’m still trying to figure out where Zach was the last weeks of the year, other then when he was “living it up in Utah” with his family after the season ended…..also I’m still trying to decipher what JetBlue’s involvement is….

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

I haven’t gotten that far yet bc I’m still trying to figure out where Zach was the last weeks of the year, other then when he was “living it up in Utah” with his family after the season ended…..also I’m still trying to decipher what JetBlue’s involvement is….

None stop service from JFK to Salt Lake for $357.00

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
Two can be as bad as one
It's the loneliest number since the number one

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

You should consider writing a song with those lyrics!!! Genius!!

Yeah but his Mama told him not to come.  "That ain't the way to have fun, son!"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

Woody really has made an art form of creating sh!t-shows. This current one is an absolute masterpiece.

And each one has been unique in its own special way.   From foot fetishes to crazy-eyed Gase, it is always entetrtaining.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Saleh is a self promoter and doesnt seem to care. He’s disappeared this offseason and had to get guilted into going to the combine for a day (allegedly). I’m sure he got 18 in yesterday with the balmy weather. 

Every time the weathers nice you’re going to accuse him of neglecting his duties to play golf?  That’s your “new” insight into our problems? 
You repeat yourself, making accusations that you pull out of the air.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Anyone with options is looking to get out.

If you were Ulbrich, would you rather stick around for the lame duck year of a doomed coaching staff, or move to an elite team with stability and prospects?

I'm not surprised he was interested, and I am not surprised the Jets nipped it in the bud.

Win or lose this year, Ulbrich will be gone as soon as he can.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Every time the weathers nice you’re going to accuse him of neglecting his duties to play golf?  That’s your “new” insight into our problems? 
You repeat yourself, making accusations that you pull out of the air.  

Here’s the thing. Just going to say this once. We are making jokes on behalf of a guy making 6 million a year who couldn’t be bothered to go to the combine. If he didn’t want his golf addiction out there he shouldn’t have done a pull out with the New York Post. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Here’s the thing. Just going to say this once. We are making jokes on behalf of a guy making 6 million a year who couldn’t be bothered to go to the combine. If he didn’t want his golf addiction out there he shouldn’t have done a pull out with the New York Post. 

When you win, you can get away with a lot and appearances don’t matter, like what belichick did for 20 years.  Once he started losing he went under more scrutiny.  

When you always lose like the jets and now saleh is that guy, everything you do is magnified.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

When you win, you can get away with a lot and appearances don’t matter, like what belichick did for 20 years.  Once he started losing he went under more scrutiny.  

When you always lose like the jets and now saleh is that guy, everything you do is magnified.  

Of course. Saleh in Head Coaching years is still a baby. Do your job and win games. Lay off the commercials and everything else. It’s not that hard.

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He did one article about his hobby during his downtime and you flood your own threads with the same golf nonsense over and over. It's hard not to notice. We get it. You think he's lazy. Add something else to the discussion.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Of course. Saleh in Head Coaching years is still a baby. Do your job and win games. Lay off the commercials and everything else. It’s not that hard.

Saleh’s strength was supposed to be CEOing the team and improving the perception.  But it’s backfired.  Now most believe ulbrich heads the defense, which has only been bolstered by the jets not letting him interview with the 49ers.  The offensive coaches have been a disaster.  They fired a guy for leaking stuff to the press.  At first blush, saleh only attended a day of the combine b/c of peer pressure.  Rodgers is his lifeline.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

He did one article about his hobby during his downtime and you flood your own threads with the same golf nonsense over and over. It's hard not to notice. We get it. You think he's lazy. Add something else to the discussion.

What about the commercial. Is that fair game?