Aaron Rodgers leaving Jets to be VP of United States?

2 hours ago, Falco21 said:

Does he need to come out to say it's bullsh*t or is the onus on the person making the claim to show proof? 

100% yes he needs to come out and say it.

He’s a public figure and (forget your politics) it’s literally being reported on CNN. Not forcefully denying such an allegation is effectively admission of guilt.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Definitely seems tied to Rodgers potentially being the VP pick and facing a higher level of scrutiny as a political candidate instead of just a meathead football player, but Rodgers likes to be provocative and he wants to be, at times, combative with the media and this is what happens. Agreed that it’s not necessarily fair or upright, but Rodgers can simply refute the claim and it’ll go away. We know Rodgers is into the Covid stuff, but we also have the Deshone Kizer 9/11 thing and now this. Rodgers is an easy target because he courts this kind of attention. 

Oh I agree entirely. He brings a lot of this on himself with his bashing of the media. I do not think anyone can logically deny that fact nor do I think Rodgers would deny that fact. The article is laughable to me, that is not what is frustrating. What is frustrating, to me, is the outcry of "**** this guy" by this fanbase and this board with zero regard to proof and the lack of desire to read this article deeper than just face value. The response by the public is what is scary and proves the enormous power of the talking heads on TV and behind these articles. Pull the strings and watch the puppet walk.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You can pull up your local news this morning and see all of the violent crimes that happened yesterday from people that shouldn’t be on the streets. Things that actually happened. A girl was just kidnapped and  raped by people who shouldn’t have been here this month right hy my office. That’s a bigger concern than our kooky QB and what someone is accusing of him “saying” at the Kentucky Derby. What are we doing here. There’s legit zero proof he said anything other than some second hand nonsense. And I’m hoping he’s running for VP so the Jets look like fools

People (including very intelligent ones) just love to be outraged at the irrelevant stuff though. 

It reminds me of that Norm MacDonald joke:

"The worst part is the hypocrisy"

"I think the worst part was the raping"

• Haha 2

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

People (including very intelligent ones) just love to be outraged at the irrelevant stuff though. 

It reminds me of that Norm MacDonald joke:

"The worst part is the hypocrisy"

"I think the worst part was the raping"

Norm was the best.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Doggin94it said:

He needs to come out and say it's bullsh*t. 

Which I am sure he will. But that does not take away from the point of the comment. Is the outcry for him to come out and say something to deny this immediately, or is it for CNN to come out and provide proof to backup their anonymous claims?

38 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

like AR but this is his fault no matter how you cut it. Injuries happen but it was his body that got injured. The VP thing, if true, didn’t have to happen at all though and the timing with undermining FA is just terrible business. The silence from both he and the Jets is unacceptable. I don’t understand what is happening because it’s too absurd. 

I mean, we knew this was coming. The Packers beat told us this was coming. And here it is. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

What does this have to do with anything?

”Having utterly reprehensible and offensive opinions isn’t as bad as being a murderer or a rapist.” Sure, let’s not have any murderers or rapists on the team either.

We’re discussing this “kooky QB” because he’s the face of our franchise.

Do you have any proof he has bad thoughts? How is it not relevant? Everything is relevant if we’re punishing alleged thought crimes.

7 minutes ago, Falco21 said:

Oh I agree entirely. He brings a lot of this on himself with his bashing of the media. I do not think anyone can logically deny that fact nor do I think Rodgers would deny that fact. The article is laughable to me, that is not what is frustrating. What is frustrating, to me, is the outcry of "**** this guy" by this fanbase and this board with zero regard to proof and the lack of desire to read this article deeper than just face value. The response by the public is what is scary and proves the enormous power of the talking heads on TV and behind these articles. Pull the strings and watch the puppet walk.

This 10000000%

I find it funny that a "journalist" had this info for ELEVEN years and decided not to journalist until yesterday.

But CNN, knows someone who knows someone, who heard that that someone said something that one time.

Give me a break.  If that is all we need to ruin someone, we all should worry.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Tbh, I don't give a crap if he legitimately questions certain events.  I say "certain events" because we've been given zero proof that he ever even questioned Sandy Hook.

OTOH, if I thought he was doing this because he was an evil person (and, ftr, I absolutely don't think he is one) who wants to cause pain to people then I'd think he was a scvmbag.  

Meanwhile, the one comment we do have from him about this topic (albeit from ~10 years ago) is this:

• Upvote 2

Just now, Matt39 said:

Do you have any proof he has bad thoughts? How is it not relevant? Everything is relevant if we’re punishing alleged thought crimes.

As I said in my first post he needs to come out and clarify if this is BS ASAP.

Part of my deep concern here is based on the fact that this is totally believable based on everything we know about him, but obviously he needs to address this.

• Upvote 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Part of my deep concern here is based on the fact that this is totally believable based on everything we know about him, but obviously he needs to address this.

Does crime or alleged thought crime bother you more?

• WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

There's talk of him running for political office with a controversial candidate and all of a sudden we hear smears. But because you have confirmation bias, AR8 "needs to address this"?

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There's talk of him running for political office with a controversial candidate and all of a sudden we hear smears. But because you have confirmation bias, AR8 "needs to address this"?

Yes, unequivocally. If it’s a lie — if its a BS media smear — deny it forcefully as soon as possible.

Every second you let it hang out there gives it credibility.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

What point do you think you’re making?

In terms of things that matter, I’m more concerned with real crime than what the QB allegedly said at a horse race 10 years ago. You must be the other guy. 

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yes, unequivocally. If it’s a lie — if its a BS media smear — deny it forcefully as soon as possible.

Every second you let it hang out there gives it credibility.

And every time you address stuff like this, it sets the precedent that anyone can smear you and you'll be forced to spend all of your time responding to this type of stuff.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

What real crime do you think I’m unconcerned with and what are you basing that opinion on?

You might be confused but this is a thread about Aaron Rodgers where we discus our “kooky QB.”

If you are totally unconcerned with what he says or does seems like you’re the one in the wrong place.

Says? Not really? Running for VP yeah that’s bad and obviously he’s going to get fried for doing so. I’m not a thought crime guy. Orwell I guess worked on me.

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, usanyj said:

But this isn't vetting...this is someone writing a story because they have the medium to do so....The author, who is the source, gives no proof, just says I heard this thing 11 years ago and I'm going to talk about it now...no proof, no recording, just decide to type words on paper. That's not vetting, thats a hit piece that anyone can write.

You know, I heard from someone 12 years ago that Aaron Rodgers denied the holocaust happened...see, I now have the same amount of sources as this article. Nothing..

OMG!!!  AR8 NEEDS TO ADDRESS THIS!!! 

As @T0mShane said:

I mean, we knew this was coming. The Packers beat told us this was coming. And here it is. 

• Haha 2

For everyone saying he needs to address this, would that honestly make it better...If he comes out and says, of course I didn't say this, that's ridiculous... Would the people who want him tarred and feathered be okay with it, or still believe the story regardless? 

Thats the thing about the media today, they aren't held to a standard, they can write anything, and when they are proven wrong, they still aren't held to a standard.

Like so many of you on here say when someone floats a rumor about a trade or signing, "Sources or it didn't happen"

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Based on the video clip I've seen and what he said about Sandy Hook after it happened, I find it totally NOT believable.

The RFK Jr. campaign sure has caught the attention of a certain political party. This is right out of their playbook. If you don't think this report, where it was published and the timing of it are politically motivated, you are sadly mistaken.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

OMG!!!  AR8 NEEDS TO ADDRESS THIS!!! 

As @T0mShane said:

I'm a journalist now! Thanks for being a loyal reader!

• Haha 1

Most of my posts here aren't serious ones, but this is a real question: is there salary cap relief if a player retires before their contract expires? Every day that passes where this VP/Sandy Hook truther garbage goes unaddressed really makes him look like a huge clown. What happened to minimizing non-football distractions?

Not that anyone cares about my take, but here it is. If true, it's astonishing levels of ignorance. But frankly, I've become immune to ignorance. I don't necessarily think ignorance makes one a scum bag. Scum bags to me are people who KNOW the truth, but still use lies regardless for their own personal gain (see virtually every politician/Patriots employee). Being dumb just makes you dumb. If you're a Sandy Hook truther, it's hard to understand how one can actually be that delusional and insensitive. But again, frankly, I don't find it more delusional than much of what I hear on a daily basis. Those kind of beliefs are no more insane than any of the things 90% of the world believes and cloaks into the title of religion or most modern political ideology. Sorry, but evidence-free assertions like this aren't better because you label them "faith".

22 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Tbh, I don't give a crap if he legitimately questions certain events.  I say "certain events" because we've been given zero proof that he ever even questioned Sandy Hook.

OTOH, if I thought he was doing this because he was an evil person (and, ftr, I absolutely don't think he is one) who wants to cause pain to people then I'd think he was a scvmbag.  

Meanwhile, the one comment we do have from him about this topic (albeit from ~10 years ago) is this:

Stop providing proof and evidence...you're going to upset a CNN journalist who worked hard talking about something that may have happened

• Haha 2