The WR is all that is left

Not to make us a “perfect team” or anything corny like that, but in order to give us maximum draft flexibility.

We stick at 10 and we can go BPA. LT and WR aren’t a “draft a starter for need” problem. Can and we and should we draft those positions? Yes. Must we? No.

If we don’t stick there, then we trade down for more assets. Perhaps get that 2nd rounder back.

The greatest scenario would be having the team shred up enough to be able to red shirt one if the QBs in this class. Maybe not at 10, but in general.

So, with all of that said, I think Mike Williams or Michael Gallup are two guys still available that warrant consideration. Anyone I’m missing?

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, with all of that said, I think Mike Williams or Michael Gallup are two guys still available that warrant consideration. Anyone I’m missing?

What I like about them is that they were both cut, so signing them has no impact on the comp pick formula. Gallup hasn’t been the same since his ACL, and it’s been a couple years already. Mike Williams, a year older than Gallup, is recovering now from an ACL. I think I’d much rather take my chances on the big bodied Williams to fill the X role, moving Lazard into a platoon at the slot. 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Larz said:

S and DE too. 

yes Jets fans, they will use resources on defense and that’s ok. 

Arguable they these are both depth pieces. And yes, they need to be addressed as well but I think the OP implied starters.

With the re-signing of Solomon Thomas, the Jets now have QW, Kinlaw, JFM, JJ, as the starters with McDonald coming in as the 5-2 edge pass rusher. Thomas and Clemons would be the rotation guys with Fotu coming in as big run stuffer. I believe the Jets are meeting with Clowney, which would make the line totally stacked but they really only need minor depth at DE. 

As far as safety, they brought back Clark and they've always been high on Adams. Oliver was brought in as a specials addition but I do believe Ulbrich plans to designate him as a safety. And then there is Bernard-Converse who they have been trying to implement as a safety last year. So your starters are probably Clark and Adams with a bunch guys vying for snaps. My guess is the Jets don't plan on doing much at the S position in FA. Maybe bring back Ash? 

Just to compare it to the need they have at WR where they have GW, Lazard, Gipson, Jason Brownlee and Irv Charles as their top 5 and Lazard is on the trade block meaning they are not that excited about going into the season with him as a starter. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Not to make us a “perfect team” or anything corny like that, but in order to give us maximum draft flexibility.

We stick at 10 and we can go BPA. LT and WR aren’t a “draft a starter for need” problem. Can and we and should we draft those positions? Yes. Must we? No.

If we don’t stick there, then we trade down for more assets. Perhaps get that 2nd rounder back.

The greatest scenario would be having the team shred up enough to be able to red shirt one if the QBs in this class. Maybe not at 10, but in general.

I would prefer Tyler Boyd over Williams and Gallup just because I think he's a more reliable better player but others that are worth at least considering are Allen Robinson, DJ Chark, Josh Reynolds and KJ Osborn. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

I would prefer Tyler Boyd over Williams and Gallup just because I think he's a more reliable better player

I was watching the Rams-Bengals SB and Bengals 2nd to last drive, up 4 points (3rd and 13 with 4 minutes to play) Burrow hits Boyd, in stride, to get the 1st down and he drops it! Burrow in disbelief. Rams go on to score TD and hold Bengals. He’s not a potential #1 like some of the 1st tier players in draft. Go get one of them JD

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

I would prefer Tyler Boyd over Williams and Gallup just because I think he's a more reliable better player but others that are worth at least considering are Allen Robinson, DJ Chark, Josh Reynolds and KJ Osborn. 

Reynolds can be a decent WR2.  Get him and draft a WR in round 3 it’s a deep WR class and we are set

2 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Nice, those are good names to remember are out there. 

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I think we're all collectively unified on wanting to land MW, jets included -- but likely on a deal that fits within a particular framework. We'll see if the two sides put it together.

OBJ is the most popular name right now inside the Jets 

5 hours ago, slats said:

What I like about them is that they were both cut, so signing them has no impact on the comp pick formula. Gallup hasn’t been the same since his ACL, and it’s been a couple years already. Mike Williams, a year older than Gallup, is recovering now from an ACL. I think I’d much rather take my chances on the big bodied Williams to fill the X role, moving Lazard into a platoon at the slot. 

Yes, Lazard should get another shot at the 3/4 WR position with Rogers at the helm. Just to be sure with him. The combo of Wilson/Boyle/Simien would destroy most WRs other than the best.

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If we sign Mike Williams JD will have put us in perfect draft position to select the best available pass rusher.

white teeth troll GIF

They aren’t having clowney in for nothing. If they don’t get a DE between now and the draft but they do get a WR , pass rusher is absolutely in play. 

This offense is too bad to spend yet another 1st round pick on a defensive player. We have to try to get a special talent on O if we can. If Bowers or a top LT is there you take them. We have 2 starting tackles that are 33 years old and can’t put all our eggs in one basket for next year only.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Mike Williams is much better than Boyd he’s just always injured

• Upvote 2