Draft a QB

12 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

never? who said never? do you envision this doofus staff of JD, Saleh and Schitty to be here forever?? If so, that sucks pretty badly. Ill say it again, hitting on a QB is not luck, you can get lucky, but luck is not a strategy, its about knwoing what you are looking for, adopting a system to work for the skill set, and training them and putting them in a position to succeed and build confidence .There is a reason some coaches are good at this, they know what they are doing. 

Ill ask again, give me one example where a regime, not a team, but a regime failed miserably on a top 3-5 highly drafted QB, and then drafted a second one that succeeded? 

Washington (RGIII and Cousins)

• Upvote 1

Just now, CTJetsFan said:

Washington (RGIII and Cousins)

this is not a good example at all, first off, before his injury, RG3 was a top 5 QB, and Cousins was drafted in the 3rd round. I am specifically talking about a regime failing with a top 5 or so drafted QB, and then getting a second chance to draft another top 5-10 drafted QB and it working. I am all for taking a flyer in the 3rd round or later on a QB, what I am dead set against is leetting this idiot regime select and develop another high drafted QB and almost gauaranteed failing on it

4 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Im not counting Brock Purdy as the last pick in the draft, I am talking about another highly drafted QB

Cards drafted Rosen and then Murray. Or does that not count either?

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

Cards drafted Rosen and then Murray. Or does that not count either?

holy hell dude, it was completely different regime who drafted Murray, and Murray has been a disaster as well, so even if it was the same regime, this could in no way be considered a success, which further proves my point. Regimes who don't know what they are doing and fail on a highly drafted QB are not going to be successful on a second one, so letting them its a total waste of assets. Quite frankly, leaving this regime in is f'ng Jets stupid, which is more stupid than stupid, letting them waste more assets is oh so jetsy

23 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Huh?  What does Zach Wilson have to do with this.  The kid is done in NY..move on.  Jets are not drafting a QB high in the draft that just reality.  Maybe later in the draft they take a developmental QB

Can I quote this when Zach is starting games for the jets next November?

• WTF? 1

I can see the Jets drafting a QB with their Mr. Irrelevant pick just to try to copy what the 9ers did when they drafted Purdy. Select somebody like him without the physical intangibles but who in college was smart and could run an offense. 

When GB drafted Love many stories about AR copping an attitude against the Packers org and bad blood. I remember reading about him trying to bully the org maybe even sit out to push for a trade there was unrest in their org centered around him. So no surprise when they had a chance off of a non playoff or MVP year they'd try to get rid of him. So if Jets drafted a QB at 10 how would he deal with it. Ex backup QBs with the Packers had good things to say about him. Apparently he was ok with them personally and a good teammate. The probs he had were with the org. Not the players. 

20 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

When GB drafted Love many stories about AR copping an attitude against the Packers org and bad blood. I remember reading about him trying to bully the org maybe even sit out to push for a trade there was unrest in their org centered around him. So no surprise when they had a chance off of a non playoff or MVP year they'd try to get rid of him. So if Jets drafted a QB at 10 how would he deal with it. Ex backup QBs with the Packers had good things to say about him. Apparently he was ok with them personally and a good teammate. The probs he had were with the org. Not the players. 

If Aaron has a problem with it he can always run for Vice President

On 3/30/2024 at 4:26 PM, Rangers9 said:

I can see the Jets drafting a QB with their Mr. Irrelevant pick just to try to copy what the 9ers did when they drafted Purdy. Select somebody like him without the physical intangibles but who in college was smart and could run an offense. 

Devin Leary, Carter Bradley, Kedon Slovis, Sam Hartman...I could see one of those guys being picked in the 7th.

I kinda want the Mr Irrelevant pick to be that CB from Canada, Stiggers, who never played college ball. He's a great story and, it appears, a talented player too.